• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

Showcase #36: Kinnikuman Glitter/Crystalsenshi Keshi

I will very much be adding more to this topic thread in the future but for now a quick write up! I acquired a Crystalsenshi Vol 2 box in 2016 (still chasing Vol 1 but I cannot find it besides loose figures) and that peaked my interest in general to this type of Keshi or Senshi as they are called in the box art.

Among the crystalsenshi I also became aware of the glitter keshi and I did acquire some in lots from yahoojapan; but I never had a lot of these (back then I only had about 3 glitter sculpts) but that changed on my recent trip to Japan.

I found a giant bag full of them at Nakano and snatched that right up! I also cleaned them out of any loose glitter figures they sold. So now the next decent into madness begins (hahaha).

I have a ton of doubles but they looks awesome on display; I am more than willing to trade for any glitter figures I dont have so if anyone has any please hit me up!

Also if anyone knows an exact count of how many glitter or Crystalsenshi exist in the entire collection that would be awesome; I have some glitter and crystal sculpts from Part 26 and Part 27. So they definitely went that far into making glitter and crystal sculpts.

Edited by kayfabe1985, 20 September 2017 - 02:48 AM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Here is a pic of the crystal Keshi on display and the flash gave the picture a weird resolution.

Attached Files

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:54 AM

Here are some crystalsenshi on display along with my Premium Vol 1 & Vol 2 Mori Museum exclusives

Attached Files

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

At least personally, I never knew anything about the crystal figures and really wanted to understand their origin. Information never seemed to appear anywhere about the actual source of them, so in my head I figured maybe they were premium offerings alongside the standard figures. Hearing they were part of old exclusive boxed sets makes a hell of a lot more sense, and fits what I've seen Bandai do for other toylines like Ultraman. Always wanted Cobra Satan and Ammonite in crystal too but the single time I ever found someone with one of them he didn't want to make any kind of deal. :cry:

Anyway, would love to see more information about the original crystal keshi and how comprehensive those releases were!

Edited by BaltanII, 20 September 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

Ditto for me Dude (the finding information part); at least for the crystalsenshi figures owning the 28 Box volume gave me a source (as far as I know only two boxes were released) but for the glitter ones I have no freaking clue!

Here are some pics of my vol 2 :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   168.53K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   157.57K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   209.52K   8 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 20 September 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

I've seen clear glitter on capsule, and a box set

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Boxed set?....oh man (wheels spinning)

Any idea if there's any pics on Google of that boxed set?

Am wondering what I would have to type in Japanese to get some hits.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com