#1 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hi there people
I started recollecting BB a couple of years ago. I'll spare you the why's just that I'm 3 short of series 1, a bit more of series 2 and have half of series 3 plus but i have all 3 chariots. I also secured a blue jaded jag last week (38$ shipping included). I'm mostly into transformers but as I am only interested in the smaller scales my interests interlap with bb when there's isn't much going on. recently I've been attracted by the idea of army building and found this website and the forums.
as the web shop says to ask if you're trying to finish a collection or army building, well here I am...
so a little info before i ask some questions,
missing figs:
series 1,
hard. tortoise, Sir S. Horse, Crusty Crab
series 2
kangaroo, mouse, racoon, duck, beaver, owl, polarbear squirrel, saber s. tiger
series 3
panda, koala, panther, pointer, rooster, bovine, sloth, aardvark, , zebra, hawk, duckbill, crow, flamingo, ante-lope, penguin, orangutan.

whats the best way to get hold of these, i found some of these on ebay for 5$ each plus 5$ shipping (to the uk) should get me to finish series 1 and get closer to series 2. Does anyone have any advice.

secondly I would like to build a bighorn sheep and a Ichy Iguana Army, and want to get hold of that red skin ram custom i saw here. any advice about this?

and lastly, I made a photocomic last year about tf, but eventually there's several episodes where battle beasts feature heavily, is it worth posting here, is there a section for photocomics?

well ty in advance
ciao

Edited by susha, 26 April 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#2 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hi man welcome to the world of Battle Beasts it's great fun trying to find them all. Good luck with your collection and happy hunting.

#3 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

Big lot auctions on Ebay are great, especially since you are still missing so many.  You can always start a trading thread in the need/got toys here on LRG to swap some extra randoms.  I have also used that $5 ebay (knightlightbug) quite a bit when I need a specific group. 

Red skinned Ram?

Post the comic!  Maybe in Member art section

#4 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:09 PM

@ retro ty

@ Exactobest

ty for the advice, nightlightbulb it is you are correct! 

as to the the red skinned ram i meant Bighorn Sheep thats been painted red and black. I've skimmed quitea  lot of pics last night I cant find it right now but its somewhere here.

what about the army building are ichy iguana and bighorn sheep particularly hard to find?

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

It´s good to see you´ve made your way to LRG because as you might´ve noticed by now there´s quite a lot of info to dig through here and the community is always willing to help and answer your questions where possible.

There´s various areas on the board so in order to be make things more efficient it might be good for you to also check out the other parts of this board where you can for instance: place a request for the BB your still missing in the Need Toys area and when it comes to sharing your comic the Members art section might be a nice place to create your own topic about it. It might feel a little fragmented but since this board is for all kinds of Little Rubber toylines that´s the way its been done. But as a BB fan you´ll probably spend the most time in this area ;)

All suggestions and tips mentioned above are great so try to look into those options when hunting for Beasts although the $10 shipped option might become a little tougher when you start looking into Series 2 and 3 Beasts because they´re often a bit harder to find than the Series 1 which have been more wide spread over several countries. It might also be wise to see if you can find someone who´s able to fill in more of the gaps on your want list all at once in order to safe on shipping. But things really depend a bit on the condition and completeness of the figs that you´re looking for because that´s what influences the price mostly.

I´d love to see the photocomic you´ve created so create a post for that in the more suitable area of the board unless its mainly BB in which case it´d be ok here as well I´d say.

Than when it comes to Army Building I noticed you´ve already done some investigation on this ;) so that means I think you´ll already know that army building with Series 2 or 3 figs might be a little harder than going after Series 1 figs simply because of there availability so from that point of view it might be better to go for the Bighorn Sheep (Ram). I know someone else out here is after some Iguana´s as well so you might´ve some competition on those in case you´d decide to go for these as well.

In regards to your Red Ram I´m not really sure what you´re talking about but it sounds like a custom painted figure or it might be one of the recent Russian made Reproduction Beasts..... Guess you´ll have to follow your tracks back in order to find it.

For now just have a look around and feel free to ask but mainly..... Enjoy the Beasts!

ps. I´ll get back on your request which you submitted via the Beastformers Blog shortly as well.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:33 PM

Hey Beastformers (that's quite a name :) )

Thank you for the full on reply and all the advice, I... can't wait until the end of the month and actually buy some bb lots instead of just windowshopping ^_^ . About the custom this is it:

post-7219-0-39062500-1452267202_thumb_zp

As to the photocomic its a bit picture heavy. The story arc is hosted on seibertron.coms photoblitz section, here's a direct link to the episode related to Battle Beasts, its called 'Nightwalking, Cthulu Rising, Kitchen wars' and the next episode 'bath wars too. It will take a while, I'll try and put it up here (in the appropriate section:) tomorrow afternoon. sorry theres a post somewhere with all the episodes but i cant access seibertron for some reason atm. 

Here's a preview :)

36a1_zps9f3dbebd.jpg

Well, thanks again, just one more question if I may, whats with this photo? is it the usual photoshop, reduce shadows and exposure, or are those figures waxed??

CgujEKFWIAAnZr_.jpg

Edited by susha, 26 April 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#7 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

That's a good looking devil ram

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

Just a quick reply...

The Red Ram is a custom figure painted by...... (it´s probably mentioned in the topic where you´ve found it) so its probably a one of a kind figure as goes for most customs. You might give it a shot in order to buy it from the person who owns/created it and otherwise you might´ve to create one or commission one yourself. For custom figs often beat up or broken figs are used in order to make sure no figs in good condition are wasted for these purposes. It might also be wise to check with the person who has it if he´s ok with doing an exact duplicate because not everyone will appreciate it if custom figures, one of a kind, are mimicked or copied. If its an issue you can always use this image as an inspiration an create your own better version for it ;)

Is the photocomic Heavy as in the files are big!? If so it might be better to reduce them a bit in order to make them easier to load on the board, I´m not sure but I believe there´s a restriction to the file upload size anyway so that´s something you might want to check in order to be sure you can upload them and not to upload files that´d take ages to load, for some.

When it comes to that particular picture which is from TheRedUsagi Instagram account I can say that there´s nothing done with the figures themselves and its just a photo filter that´s responsible for the wax effect ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#9 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

ah. ty

it might take a while longer then to reduce the images, i'll look into it tomorrow, as its already past my bedtime today...

I've read about trying to use ruined figures for customs if you really have to, after all they are almost 30 years old. Damn I'm older than that... Anyways, But about this specific custom I love the matt texture of the red, is that obtained with multiple coats of ink or? I have no knowledge on regards, what kind of colours would one use, and/or how much could/would/should a custom like that cost?

and ty again . all this feedback is very cool and appreciated :)

#10 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

That is a craft smart acrylic matte finish lipstick red paint with satin finish black.  The gold is decoart metallic acrylic paint.  It takes a few passes to get a clean coating, but mostly because you put on thin layers to keep it from looking lumpy. 

Customs would vary in price.  A custom paint job from someone like Ersico could should cost somewhere in the $20-30 range. That figure is a simple ram with no modifications and would be fairly simple. More complex figures with more complex parts creates a more complex pricing scheme.  I mean, I would imagine. 

#11 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

Also, that custom is mine.  Since I have created 224 customs and he is my first that opened the whole pandora's box, he holds a very dear place to my heart.  Maybe try reaching out to Ersico.  I'm sure he could create a custom of a similar vein. 

#12 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

ah ok wait.. taking it all inn. gimme a sec  :D oh and thx for getting me in the loop i guess :)

ok so your saying you bought it from Erisco? (emmh being new ill have to look into whos who and where how to get in contact, its just a lot of stuff to take in)

Whats your advice? I'm not sure I want to start customizing atm (might change my mind) and that fig. looks so neat i'd rather have a good looking one to go with a bighorn sheep army than a scrapy one made by me (you know as it would be my first attempt). Ofc I'm not looking to spend too much at the moment so I'd be fine with just the colour scheme. I'm asuming Erisco is based in the U.S.?

cheers

Edited by susha, 26 April 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#13 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

and oh.. emmh as Beastformers pointed out, and as you are the owner of that, how did you call it? Ah 'Devil Ram', would you mind if I go after it, considering I might use it as a leader to a Ram army and that I MIGHT fanfic with it, or atleast post some pics here? Or am I getting this wrong and should I ask all this to Erisco?

Edited by susha, 26 April 2016 - 04:21 PM.

#14 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

That one is all me. It was my absolute first attempt at anything.  Ersico has painted some others for me on occassion.  At the moment, I don't have a ton of interest for commission work.  Ersico loves painting and would love to help.  He is USA based out of South Carolina. 

Hey, you never know.  Sometimes you try just painting one and then...

#15 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

messaged

#16 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

about the photocomic, most episodes don't show battle beasts (just the last 2 or 3) but those that do also have MUSCLE men and Monsters in my pocket. The images size per se should be fine (see post above) its the entirety of the thing that makes the thread heavy. So where should I post it, and should I just post the relative episodes to keep it as light as possible?

cheers

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com