#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

https://nerditis.com...nkey-creations/

jpJ3jkj.png

Yay for Battle Tribes!  The people at Spy Monkey have decided to change their game just a little bit.  Although the Barbarian figures are still going on (with new color schemes every week!), they've now introduced a second line:  BTW: Battle Tribes Wrestlers!  The first wave just dropped with food-themed wrestlers(!!), and the promise of more styles in the future!  Each figure has a basic body, with wrestler-themed boots and trunks, and several heads - a bald goateed head, a masked luchadore head, and the aforementioned food.  There's also a nice MUSCLE tribute with each release, a miniature body!

OXW13Cs.png

Depending on the release, you will get a few or more mono-color pieces.  Generally, the more "Deluxe" the release, the more painted pieces, culminating in the Super Size figure, who's got absolutely everything painted.  Anyway, let's have a look at the series! We're just gonna cycle through the painted heads, and run with it.

gcwD4mX.png

Jimmy Cheeseburger is an all-American face. Well, he's kind of a meathead, but he means well!

UReFdL6.png

And how could you possibly have a burger without fries? Hahaha!

z39t9Ad.png

And here's a normal person.

hqQKNdR.png

No, it's not that same guy, it's Charlie Brown from Outta Town!

DQORsNP.png

Pink Playboy is next (oh hi, Ice Cream Bret Hart), with strawberry flavor! His finishing move involves mashing soft-serve into your face.

ABSHh3x.png

His donut head feels more like a tag team partner than a mere alternate - so, why are pink-frosted donuts so popular? Is it The Simpsons? Yeah, I think it's The Simpsons.

H3XTK0G.png

He's not part of the Hart Foundation.

fl5ep42.png

Pink really fits the lucha look.

pcB6YuQ.png

And yes, the neck pegs fit into the figures' hands.

BCew2Xh.png

Supersize Big Fry is the best bang for your buck, as every single piece is painted (including the barbarian bits, but I didn't include those in the photos). Hey, ever notice how the fry head is the only one that's clearly a mask?

E6lxYIQ.png

Supersize Big Burger is a great variant - different, but still a classical cheeseburger.

n7u3yXZ.png

The ice cream is also pretty dang good.

KOqPAIN.png

Yellow donuts are less common, but lemon frosting certainly does exist!

eBgxEtn.png

Look, an apple! There are two apple heads - unpainted with the other releases, but now you've got a full-color version! I'm surprised it wasn't red.

gc9ChYZ.png

The other apple is about as upset as you or I would be if someone took a bite out of our craniums!

3AU7zN3.png

Man, these are Hulk Hogan colors.

K8UIeuU.png

Well, Hogan and McDonald's. Note his different championship belt, too.

BTmB8RU.png

So, let's talk about the mini-wrestler. Well, that's a good lead-in, right? It's a mini body, and heads plug into it. Super-Size Big Fry has painted details!

rd4wwVu.png

When unpainted, you can really see the MUSCLE reference.

daIIBl8.png

Of course, the heads seem a little large on these figures, but that's in keeping with the other proportions.

dFEGrGA.png

Hello, masked dude!

I2fHoBV.png

Mini-Fry is our last gasp of humanity before things go weird.

fVMGJ2R.png

Mini-Burger is pretty much fast food perfection.

iwUDUfr.png

Please don't let him melt!

jfALFmg.png

The donut looks happy to have a smaller body.

oKNZN5k.png

Meanwhile, the regular apple seems at home.

iSXoNbV.png

Of course people try to eat him, he's golden delicious!

BmTteM0.png

Now I need to go get some food.

vmEWAks.png

Well, there you go! Another outstanding Battle Tribes release, with a really hilarious take on the wrestler gimmick! So, what's next? Apple or donut-themed color schemes? Perhaps more heads? Only time will tell!

N6HDAq4.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Balok2

Balok2

Baloksblog on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Dioramas, PVC minifigs, 40mm figs, ROTB, GLYOS, and wide range of toy interests

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

Another excellent review, thanks, I'd been wondering about these.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com