Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Oddities/figures you like from your collections?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

Hi all, 

Been wondering if anyone posts much here as having had a look on here nw and again it looks like most people don't much these days. 

hadn't got any new figures in a couple of years but in the last little while got some I needed, leaving me needing only 2 from series 1 now, a bunch of skeleton dinosaurs and of course plenty of series 3's.

So I was looking through the figures I've got and wondered if anyone has some oddities or more unusual figures in theirs?

The reason for this being is I'd completely forgotten I had some figures from Colombia, Bulgaria etc and my prototype wrestlers and I saw a S2 Spectre that was supposedly in olive green sell for a crazy amount on ebay the other day. 

What would people consider as an oddity? factory errors? lesser known offshoots? those french red or yellow figures of ones people didn't think existed? or things like the star jotun troll?

Anyway I took a couple of photos of ones I have that are what I think of as oddities so any opinions and so on would be great. 

Pictures:
1. Colombian figures. Same molds as Peruvian but made from soft rubber. Most of them don't stand up either.

2. Wrester Prototypes. These have no numbers on the feet, but have copyright 1995 on the other as per. 

3. Bulgrian Wrestlers. Interestingly the Brad the Barbarian has kellogs on one foot, but Piranha the Piledriver is the same as the regular  version.
4. Drude without painted skull. I got this in a bog standard ebay lot and never seen another one. Doesn;t show any signs of tampering and the paint on the hair is in great condition
5. Series 4 hard plastic. I like these ones as although well known they just are a bit different. 
6. Alu factory error. Guess they mixed up the yellow dye with red or something but it's still cool.

Attached Files

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#2 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

Hey Howard how's it going pal. Thanks for sharing these rare finds! :thumbsup:

Do you know if it's just those three or the whole set of Kellogg's premiums that had varying prototypes?

#3 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

All good thanks bud, and yourself?

Honestly, I didn't realise its quite as dead here these days, I know some guys I traded with a lot in the past are either not collecting these figures any more or they've moved onto different lines. But still a few of the prolific buyers on ebay are splashing their cash at high amounts. 

Honestly, I have no idea, I'd imagine they made prototypes of the others maybe, but these three were in an ebay lot that, ironically my ex bid for me as I was doing a local league tennis match and back in the days of terrible phone internet I'd never have had a chance to bid :-D The seller did say they lived near a Kellogs factory near so they probably came from there some way or another. 

Would love to see if anyone has some random stuff they'd like to share. Personally I'd like to see if there are any more Bulgarian Wrestler variants. I know a Bulgarian family through my job, so might ask them if they remember anything like them :D

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#4 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 06 July 2019 - 07:24 AM

Yeah I'm good too Howard! :D

Been mostly busy with shift work at local biscuit factory and 10-pin bowling league practice every weekend. Also slowly trying to build up a collection of sealed Frosties freebies from the 90's (not just mimp and boglins this time).

It's interesting to hear that these prototypes may have made it passed the production lines into cereal boxes and then onto the shop shelves. I never once came across the same mimp wrestler in a different colour though! :(

Am guessing the Orange Alu is a Weeto's premium due to the fact he's unpainted. I know the Red Drude isn't because she only came in Purple with that promo. I remember coz that's the very first one I got inside the packet when I was a lil' un. I think that's how I got into the Super Scaries in the first place. Ah the memories! :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com