61 replies to this topic

#26 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Any idea on the leading sculpts/figures as of now???
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#27 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Any idea on the leading sculpts/figures as of now???

I'm guessing 145 is 20-30 points ahead of anything else with 10 and 90 comin up next and then who knows after that. I think the guy with his friends voting might be sealing up 4th and 5th with either 48, 40,12 and 6

#28 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

I think the guy with his friends voting might be sealing up 4th and 5th with either 48, 40,12 and 6

That's what I hate and consider padding the vote. When guys get their friends and family to vote. If they are going to get their friends and family to buy it, then fine. If their friends and family are going to become active forum members and collectors then fine. But if not then they are just bastardizing the line. It should be a line for collectors by collectors. That's why I didn't vote for OMFG 3. I hope it doesn't happen again.

#29 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I think the guy with his friends voting might be sealing up 4th and 5th with either 48, 40,12 and 6

Posted Image

#30 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

I will only suport OMFG kickstarter if they include a cool Glyos figure.
The Zombie Pheyden was the saving grace for S3, in my opinion.

As long as the voting system stays the same, the issues will only get worse.

Why OT couldn't use a muliti level vote system is beyond me.
They could have had broken the submissions into 20 groups and people vote for 1 fig from each group.
Then take the winners and put them in 10 groups and vote for 1 from those figs.
Then vote for the 5 best from the winners of that vote.

It would be alot harder to get people who don't care about the line to vote mutiple times.

Could you imagine what presidential elections would look like if there wasn't a primary?
12 candidates from the 2 strongest parties and lots more from the smaller parties.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#31 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

SO far according to my tally it is Wooly Wisp, Fossil Freak, Brainwaves, Bullseye, the number 90 tree character.... to round out the top 5 and as far as the 6,12, 40,48 votes being casted the one even remotely close to possibly being voted in is the Killer Kone which isn't too bad I always had nightmares of killer soft serve ice creams lol... #6 has 19, and 48 has 21 

and also Monster lady is in 7th with 36 votes its time we get a lady figure made!!

Edited by Rjdragon, 04 May 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#32 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

SO far according to my tally it is Wooly Wisp, Fossil Freak, Brainwaves, Bullseye, the number 90 tree character.... to round out the top 5 and as far as the 6,12, 40,48 votes being casted the one even remotely close to possibly being voted in is the Killer Kone which isn't too bad I always had nightmares of killer soft serve ice creams lol... #6 has 19, and 48 has 21 

and also Monster lady is in 7th with 36 votes its time we get a lady figure made!!

Yeh I'd like to see a female character make it this time. I believe #90 the tree character belongs to Fede (Gormtransmonster). I'm still not too sure about Bullseye though.

#33 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Yeh I'd like to see a female character make it this time. I believe #90 the tree character belongs to Fede (Gormtransmonster). I'm still not too sure about Bullseye though.

I love Tree characters and I hope a female character makes it as well.... Bullseye im on the fence about he would make for some epic customs from the artist community 

#34 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

From October Toys:

Hey guys! Really stoked to share something rad George has been working on behind the scenes!
Couldn't be happier to see my design coming to life like this   :clap:
sirensculpt_zps0c9e75b5.png

And here's a WIP shot of her with Crawdad Kid for size (before her scales were added)
sirenwithcrawdad_zpsa79dea17.jpg

Wow!

#35 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

^ That idea was very neat and that sculpt really does it justice. I could see myself wanting a little rainbow of those on a shelf. Or at least a few mermaidish colors.

#36 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Yeh I like it a lot actually. Does anyone know what sculpting medium George uses that has that blue tone? I've only ever used Super Sculpey.

#37 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

I believe he works with wax a lot of the time.

soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#38 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

I'd like the siren sculpt better if it weren't done by George, but it does look good.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#39 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

not that im gonna vote any ways, but that looks more like a cutie figure than anything else.

Its sculpted really nicely, but a mermaid sculpt holding a boat? come on. :no:

#40 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

not that im gonna vote any ways, but that looks more like a cutie figure than anything else.

Its sculpted really nicely, but a mermaid sculpt holding a boat? come on. :no:

I'm not a fan of statue toys like that really nice sculpt but to me it's not very MUSCLEesque 

#41 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

It's more of an inaction figure than an action figure. It's nicely done but I don't see how it fits with everything else.

Also, should it have a belly button? Mermaids aren't mammals, are they?

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#42 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

I like that mermaid/siren figure quite a bit, but yeah, it doesn't really fit into OMFG in my opinion. I think if she looked meaner and like more of a monster it could be cool for the line. Whenever someone brings something like that up at OT, some people seem to get kind of defensive and say there's not supposed to be a specific look to OMFG, the idea with OMFG is that anything goes, etc. But I always think that the strongest lines have a cohesive aesthetic throughout so it doesn't just look like a random mix of stuff. I've personally always voted with that in mind.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#43 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yeah if they were gonna go with a mermaid figure, I would prefer the Bogleech rendition.

#44 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

fkro6784:  even with the siren character and four other RANDOMLY SELECTED figures, it couldn't look any worse than the assortment for Series 3.  I'll vote, but I won't buy.  Not until I get off the fence about Series 3, and either buy or not.  It does, however, as jkaris and others have stated, a strong assortment this time around and a VERY tough choice for me.  I'm starting with 11 faves, have to narrow it down. 

As for Bogleech, the nightmares that come out of his mind deserve their own minifig line.  I like all the Mortasheen artwork I have seen, but due to how unique and stylized it is, another figure couldn't be selected, IMO, without it obviously sharing the same origins as Dr Decay.

Oh, and there should be more than just 5 picked from now on.  That is all.

Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#45 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yeah I would love for Bogleech to have his own line. And maybe they should start considering making waves have 6 figures now.  But then they lose out on their secret figure each kickstarter.

#46 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

So I was looking to kill a few hours at work today so I went ahead and counted the votes.  Now this vote is current as of Page 30 after "killafrommanilla"'s post.(wish they had a post count).  And again there is some room for error, since when I was done sorting the votes, I had one for "166" which I'm guessing could've been 16, or 66 and the other thing we need to factor in is I counted all the votes. Some of these people's votes will probably not be counted as they didn't follow the proper format.

Anyway with that out of the way here's what we are looking at.

are rounding out the top five spots.

Edit: Mis-counted see 2 posts below

Edited by bigazzhead, 15 May 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#47 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for doing that. I would support that top 5. 145 is my favorite of the group. 90 is cool. 4 and 10 should look good sculpted. I've never been a fan of 47 Bull's Eye, but I've thought since the S3 vote that it would get into OMFG eventually. Might as well happen in S4.

How close are the next 5 in the voting?

I think a lot of votes are getting tossed out this time, but I'm sure your count is pretty close.

#48 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Actually I screwed up, when I was tallying the votes. for some reason I omitted 12 which isn't too far off from 145. so here's the corrected list:

and next five after that are

I don't know if I should put vote counts up as it might encourage some phony votes.

#49 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'd like to see 85 and 90 get in there. I voted for 85.

#50 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Give them a girl figure, even give them that tree figure.  Hell, #15 is more unique than that FRICKIN' Cone!  Ditch the food-themed figures for a couple of rounds. 

Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com