• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Ok so I'm going to Tokyo in September for 10 days and I'd love some help with locations of places where I can find Mini Figs/capsule/vending all the good stuff I know things can be hard to find over there. I'd love it if some one could email me some shop names/locations I'm also after vintage Toys and would like to know about the Kinikuman shop and museum place.

Cheers
Ed

Edcrooks@droidxrage.com

Edited by Edmasta, 18 June 2014 - 11:39 AM.

bbb3.jpg

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

#1 - Mandrake @ Nakano!

#3 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

#1 - Mandrake @ Nakano!

yea a friend in the G.I. Joe hobby said that place is no 1. what do they have there though?

bbb3.jpg

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

Yeah like Eric said,  I think Mandarake is the first place I'd look and I'm pretty bummed I didn't know about it when I was there last. The Akihabara district in Tokyo is a good place to find capsule machines and other trade figure shops. There are lots of Manga and video shops around there as well. (and electronics shops, it's actually referred to as the "electric district") The last time I went in 2010 I found a little area outside of a pachinko arcade with about 50 different gachapon machines lined up. And I know this one is kind of obvious, but TRU's in Japan usually have a pretty good selection of gachapon in the front of the store.

Another place I went to in Tokyo that was pretty awesome was called Kiddyland. It's a franchise I believe; not sure exactly where in Tokyo I found it but I'm sure you could locate one with some searching.

Edited by bachamn, 11 June 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#5 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Yeah like Eric said,  I think Mandarake is the first place I'd look and I'm pretty bummed I didn't know about it when I was there last. The Akihabara district in Tokyo is a good place to find capsule machines and other trade figure shops. There are lots of Manga and video shops around there as well. (and electronics shops, it's actually referred to as the "electric district") The last time I went in 2010 I found a little area outside of a pachinko arcade with about 50 different gachapon machines lined up. And I know this one is kind of obvious, but TRU's in Japan usually have a pretty good selection of gachapon in the front of the store.

Another place I went to in Tokyo that was pretty awesome was called Kiddyland. It's a franchise I believe; not sure exactly where in Tokyo I found it but I'm sure you could locate one with some searching.

Is there much in the way of vintage boxed BB's and LB's in the wild there? And is there literally Transformers everywhere?
Thanks for the help.

bbb3.jpg

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Is there much in the way of vintage boxed BB's and LB's in the wild there? And is there literally Transformers everywhere?
Thanks for the help.

Possibly at the Mandarake or if you find any other vintage toy stores, tbh though I didn't see any at all either time I was there. Wasn't really looking though, I didn't start collecting again until about 2 years ago and haven't been back since 2010.

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

From what I've heard Vintage isn't that prominent other than in specialty shops or at flea markets.

Most toys stores will specialize in newer toys.

#8 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Bring back some Spiral Zone capsules and some unopened Bukimi Kun packs! :)

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

in specialty shops or at flea markets.

I had a hard time finding flea markets and even antique stores while in Japan. It was explained to me that it's considered a bit shameful in Japanese society to sell your old things, sort of like it's seen as something that only poor people do. He said that most often people will pass down unwanted items to other family members, or simply throw them out to save face.

Now, keep in mind that the friend who relayed this to me is considerably wealthy so he might have a skewed perspective on it. I can confirm though that I only saw two antique stores on both trips and I was really looking; one was in Kochi and another in Kyoto that mostly specialized in old garden ornaments.

Edited by bachamn, 12 June 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

I know a few people that hit up flea markets or similar places, but they aren't in the bigger cities. I know that's where a lot of the resellers get their vintage keshi.

I don't know the finer details, and I doubt they would lend a hand on info. Haha

And yeah Bach is right, most just threw out their old toys or handed them down, it's not a big practice for people to resell.

Edited by Ericnilla, 12 June 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com