Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

all things kaiju - cool rubber monsters!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

i dont really have a whole lot of info to share about these BUT..
they were released by Fujiya 1989-2003 - they came with candy - there are 178 different sculpts and they are numbered (and hey, i'm only missing 171 :) hahaha)
they are about twice as large as bandai or popy kaiju keshi - the rubber has a nice feel to it. firm and semi-glossy.
i've included a pic of the few i have with some popy and bandai ones along front to show size comparison...
Attached File  kaiju.JPG   527.9K   184 downloads
the twintail in the middle is a great translucent pink - like a jolly rancher - the worlds angriest jolly rancher. so i guess not really jolly at all. :)

i've also seen them listed with kaiju spelled with a y (kaijyu) but i'm not sure if that means much.

EDIT * changed title to reflect the direction of the thread - feel free to discuss ANY kaiju lines. ;)

Edited by spastik4plastik, 17 February 2009 - 06:16 PM.

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

"Kaijyu" is just a different romanization of the spelling, nothing important otherwise.

And these are the figures Cheaptoysman had that I could never identfy! I was wondering what the hell they were. Thank you for the thread.

#3 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

"Kaijyu" is just a different romanization of the spelling, nothing important otherwise.

And these are the figures Cheaptoysman had that I could never identfy! I was wondering what the hell they were. Thank you for the thread.

yeah, he outbid me on the original lot then sold off a few of them for less than he paid. thats where mine come from. i really wanted that whole lot. :(

i wish you would start a kaiju discussion thread - i for one could really benefit from some enlightenment on all that. i know so little and there are like a million figures. and i KNOW you have that info in your head. share it.
:)

oh, and thanks for the kaiju/kaijyu explanation.

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

After he got banned, I considered bidding on some of the ones he had individually, but never did. Bad decision I suppose, since they don't pop up enough for me to notice otherwise.

As for why the vault of info has remained locked, it's due to lack of interest. I've tried on other forums to instill discussion on kaiju or my favorite toylines, and the topics always die after five or six posts. Call me bitter and jaded, but what makes LRG so different?

#5 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

Well, frankly, Kinnikuman started out as a parody-- so we've seen the 'Weird Al' version of Kaijuu, but have no idea about them in actuality other than they look quite cheesy and entertainingly bizzare.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#6 Rankio

Rankio

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

I have some of these, I figured they were from Ultraman.

#7 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

To me, these appear to be the nicest Kaiju keshi out there. Nice sculpts and nicer material. Wouldn't mind getting a pile of these myself somewhere down the line.
Posted Image

#8 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Well, frankly, Kinnikuman started out as a parody-- so we've seen the 'Weird Al' version of Kaijuu, but have no idea about them in actuality other than they look quite cheesy and entertainingly bizzare.

I think you mean the Weird Al version of Ultraman, since Kaiju/Kaijyou/however you choose to spell it means roughly "weird monster," and is applied to all forms of giant city-wrecking type creatures such as Gamera and Godzilla.

Ultraman monsters are easy to get into, I'm a big fan and have hardly seen any of the shows! There's at least a thousand across the whole franchise, all with such clever powers and habits :)

#9 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

Yep, I'm agreeing with Scythey boy here, I've never seen a single Ultraman episode or film or whatever, but I have a 3ft. long shelf filled with Ultraman kaiju. They're usually really cheap too!

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#10 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

I've now seen several episodes across several series (I needed to research for an article I'm writing on the CREEPIEST ultra monsters) and you really don't need to be too familiar with the show to "get" anything. The episodes generally follow a strict formula of "human subplot ties in with/foreshadows monster appearance, monster appears, Ultraman dispatches monster"...all the appeal lies in the curious powers and attributes each monster has. The series is like a string of commercials for monsters.

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

So. I finally have two of these figures after however long it was I first saw them.

The first one I have is #87, Pandon. Pandon's was the final kaiju to appear in Ultraseven, a twin-headed spiky bird/dinosaur thing. For a creature having the basic reptilian biped look, he manages to pull off looking "alien" very well.

My Pandon's done in a metallic silver color that I haven't seen on other figures before. The ones I recall are generally solid colors and sometimes translucent like spastic's at the top.

The second is #108 Shiralee, known in the US as Kilazee, from Ultraman Great, one of the few series released in the US (as Ultraman: Towards the Future). Kilazee is an enormous red space dragon with a long neck, and appropriately the figure I have of him is solid red. To make him easier to sculpt as a figure (and maybe depicting something he does in the series, didn't get that far yet), he's actually resting on his belly and arms, with his stumpy legs sprawled behind him awkwardly.

What surprised me about both of them is that they're both flexible like keshi. Cheaptoysman's images always gave me the impression that they were solid plastic. I was in a way disappointed about this, just because it wasn't what I expected, but I like them nonetheless. We'll see what other ones I can get!

Pictures of Kilazee provided by the previous owner, lhssenior/Barry.

Attached Files

Edited by Boaconda, 20 February 2009 - 02:23 PM.

#12 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

So. I finally have two of these figures after however long it was I first saw them.

The first one I have is #87, Pandon. Pandon's was the final kaiju to appear in Ultraseven, a twin-headed spiky bird/dinosaur thing. For a creature having the basic reptilian biped look, he manages to pull off looking "alien" very well.

My Pandon's done in a metallic silver color that I haven't seen on other figures before. The ones I recall are generally solid colors and sometimes translucent like spastic's at the top.

The second is #108 Shiralee, known in the US as Kilazee, from Ultraman Great, one of the few series released in the US (as Ultraman: Towards the Future). Kilazee is an enormous red space dragon with a long neck, and appropriately the figure I have of him is solid red. To make him easier to sculpt as a figure (and maybe depicting something he does in the series, didn't get that far yet), he's actually resting on his belly and arms, with his stumpy legs sprawled behind him awkwardly.

What surprised me about both of them is that they're both flexible like keshi. Cheaptoysman's images always gave me the impression that they were solid plastic. I was in a way disappointed about this, just because it wasn't what I expected, but I like them nonetheless. We'll see what other ones I can get!

Pictures of Kilazee provided by the previous owner, lhssenior/Barry.

i saw that figure on ebay recently and thought it was a pokemon. i wish i could remember what the listing was, but i think it was just a "junk" lot of mixed lines. i'll be sure to remember to alert you to any future findings.

Edited by dankingery, 20 February 2009 - 06:00 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

I knew that auction, because Barry listed it here. And that's how I won them both! You can see Pandon in the image although it's no close-up. He's the large silver figure near the middle.

#14 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

that kilazee is so cool.
it may be harder to get - i've not seen that one in any of the lots i've come across.

this is the pic from the 1st lot of them i'd really taken notice of (the one CTM beat me on) after i got some i was hooked.....
Attached File  kaiju.jpg   352.4K   71 downloads

and just for grins,, this figure sure aint cheap...
http://page18.auctio...ction/w27012407

#15 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:12 AM

Now someone's just being silly with that auction! Although, there could be some inherent rarity when it comes to Ultraman 80 keshi and I just don't know about it.

Cool lot he originally got. Really like that metallic green Black King.

#16 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Boaconda again for the redirect - I have about 40+ (maybe 50+) with some of dupes & trips for trade - if anyone else has dupes for trade - also looking for any other Ultraman little rubber figures (Bullmark, Popy, Bandi, Yamakatsu, Yutaka) - and was also one of the under bidders on that eBay lot too (wish I had snagged it) - Glad to see I'm not the only one out here into these figures - Robert@Popculturim

and I agree that Japan Yahoo figure is nutty!

Attached Files

#17 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:48 AM

First off I want to say thanks to Chris "spastik4plastik" It turns out that he an I have the same friends here in NJ (even though he lives out west - tells you how small the world really is) and again Thank you to all on this site, you guys/gals (i assume some of you are gals) have made me feel right at home (even though I have been on this site less than 2 months) ok - back to my derailing train of thought - I have been collecting little kaiju rubber (mostly kaiju related) figures for like 15+ years - and along with the "Candy Figures' have been trying to complete the larger 3" yamakatsu line (but have no idea of how many there are) these were released in 1984 (only?) and came individually bagged - I have the 3" Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Mothra, Baragon and Gigan (I have to think they made an Angilas & don't know if they made a Mecha Godzilla or Mecha Kong like in the 6" vinyl line) I also have both of the Card set mail-away 4" figures a Godzilla in Green Painted over grey rubber and a solid Green :king Ghidorah" (I once saw and got out bid on a Yellow version of the King Ghidorah), Does anyone know what other figures were made, also I have an extra Baragon (MIP) for trade to anyone who needs it and has an extra figure that I would need thanks again Robert@popculturizm

check out my vinyl figure collection photo's on flickr as Popculturizm
>>> http://www.flickr.co...s/popculturizm/

(there is a cool 70's Angilas candy figure on the there solid plastic 2 1/4" tall)

Attached Files

#18 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

Sorry, but that Yamakatsu series only has six figures total. The only figure you're missing is a different Godzilla.

http://clubtokyo.org...p;contentID=428

#19 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:41 AM

Sorry, but that Yamakatsu series only has six figures total. The only figure you're missing is a different Godzilla.

http://clubtokyo.org...p;contentID=428

Hi and thanks looks like 8 - surprised I never saw this on ClubTokyo (have been a member on that for years) missing a Godzilla and the MechaGodzilla - which I'd trade a Bagged Baragon for either - thanks again Robert

#20 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:01 AM

Sorry, I overlooked the Mothra, but that's only seven.

Baragon
Gigan
Godzilla A
Godzilla B
King Ghidorah
Mechagodzilla
Mothra

#21 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Nice to see some Kaiju discussion going here. :)

Anyway, not technically figures, but I have six of the Data Carddas cards from the Japanese arcade game "Ultra Monsters Daikaiju Battle." My neighbor went to Japan on personal business and picked up the Daikaiju Battlenizer (A Tamagotchi-type pet featuring the Ultraman monsters - I'll write about it if anyone's interested to read what I have to say) while she was there, which netted me the Baltan Seijin, Garamon, and Kingjoe cards. She also picked up a booster with Geronimon, Gan-Q, and Mephilas Seijin's cards within. The booster's cards are somewhat similar to film cels - at least the one she picked up. At some point, I hope to get some more cards from this series.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#22 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'm back - miss me - didn't think so.....computer got fried - just got some real nice..........Bullmark kaiju "little" ones - Can't believe I scored these on the cheap!

Attached Files

Edited by popculturizm, 08 April 2009 - 10:36 AM.

#23 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

i dont claim to know everything about anything, but after 2 years of scouring the net EVERYDAY without fail looking for fujiya figures, i have a pretty good idea of what shows up and what doesnt..
right now there are 2 member here who have figures you should jump on...
boaconda has a killazee and majinmoo (SP?) has a yapool and maruchi.
all three of those figures RARELY show and are not only really nice sculpts, they are of characters not represented as much as others. a year ago, i'd have pushed you down to get at them! :)
seriously, they show up WAY less than some figures considered to be "super rare" (not knocking any "super rares")

plus majinmoo also has dinotank, which although not super hard to get, is just a REALLY great figure.

*disclaimer* i have not been paid, nor was i asked for my endorsment.

#24 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

Original fujiya boxes - 1 small one with candy wrapped with large one with figure

Attached Files

#25 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Original fujiya boxes - 1 small one with candy wrapped with large one with figure

Cool PoP. Lemme know if you ever want to sell or trade off your Fujiya Kaiju >-<

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com