#27 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=142577

We talked about it a little bit before but there was very little info at the time.

#28 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142577

We talked about it a little bit before but there was very little info at the time.

Merged. :)

#29 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

once i see actual figures in hand, i'll be more enthused, but yeah its definitely taking elements from battle beasts and muscles and merging them into a new concept. seem promising, will keep an eye on this.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#30 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Hi guys, my name is Mark and I am the one behind this line. I figured I would register here so people could put a name with a face.

I own Fantastic Plastic Toys (an online store which usually caters to high end dolls), business was better than expected for us in 2012 so we moved forward with this line. We have filed copyright and trademarks which are pending.

We have no idea if there is any interest which is why we are having them done via independent methods at first. We have lots of friends in the industry (4 Horseman, Spy Monkey, etc) and of course you know Marty's work.

The process is pretty simple, I sketch the characters then send them to my friend Jazyl who works them into fully illustrated 2D versions, then it goes to my Digital sculptor Simon to be rendered, then its produced and handed to Marty to refine and work into something for sale.

I have some neat things in store for 2013 and 2014, I have several artists who have worked with DC, Marvel and Hasbro helping out with different illustrations for box art.

As many of you have noted the wrestling ring we feature is the one sold at Dollar Tree, we bought that from the manufacturer in bulk (200-500 units) and are in the processing of having additions made to it like steel cage attachments, hell in a cell style add-ons, ad wrestling belts so you can crown your own champions as well as trophies that you would see in say older Japan Invitationals.

We revealed the first sculpt last night

http://mystwarriors.com/blog/?p=139

Here is a pic of what it looks like rendered

Posted Image

So yeah I hope you guys like it, it is my hope to turn it into a full brand but the baby steps are to get the idea out there.

Edited by markatisu, 05 January 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#31 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Brother, you gotta start somewhere!
That 3D rendering looks pretty awesome. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Any projection on the price point for single figures?

#32 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Brother, you gotta start somewhere!
That 3D rendering looks pretty awesome. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Any projection on the price point for single figures?

Not really, I have to factor in a lot of costs since they are coming with trading cards that contain their bios and a wrestling ring with glow in the dark ropes, customized stickers and a box to put it all in that is fully illustrated.

They will also be released in PPV themed boxes (at least that is the plan) and individually numbered so they remain collectible. So you can just buy the figures or the entire package.

It won't be anything extraordinary in comparison to other projects so I am looking at $20-25 per figure. Of course you won't be getting just a 2" figure, I am trying to add in some neat stuff to give a more retail feel.

I know some users rag on the costs or try to undercut or say things should be "retail" based price but at the end of the day all this comes out of my pocket and if the line is to get to the point where it can be cheap I have to at least make back some cost to funnel into the next releases.

Edited by markatisu, 05 January 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#33 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Not really, I have to factor in a lot of costs since they are coming with trading cards that contain their bios and a wrestling ring with glow in the dark ropes, customized stickers and a box to put it all in that is fully illustrated.

They will also be released in PPV themed boxes (at least that is the plan) and individually numbered so they remain collectible. So you can just buy the figures or the entire package.

It won't be anything extraordinary in comparison to other projects so I am looking at $20-25 per figure. Of course you won't be getting just a 2" figure, I am trying to add in some neat stuff to give a more retail feel.

I know some users rag on the costs or try to undercut or say things should be "retail" based price but at the end of the day all this comes out of my pocket and if the line is to get to the point where it can be cheap I have to at least make back some cost to funnel into the next releases.

I may or may not be vaguely aware of the process...
haha

#34 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

I may or may not be vaguely aware of the process...
haha

LOL you and several others in this thread I am sure are aware

The goal has always been to get them done overseas, but without knowing the audience or even if the designs will translate it was too big a leap of faith to invest thousands into the creation of figures nobody would want. Instead I adopted my friend Brian S from Spy Monkey method, get them done in small quantities in house and then take it overseas when it reaches a certain level

So hopefully you guys think they are cool, pick them up and we can get all 14 of our current wrestlers churned out

Edited by markatisu, 05 January 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#35 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Yeah, the endgame is usually trying to get the pieces mass produced, and injection molded. I know that is where I would like to be, this time next year.
I wish you good luck, friend. I'll keep my eyes open for any news on this project.

#36 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Welcome to the board Mark! :lol:
I can't wait to see the other designs in 3d form, Ulric is just awesome.
Will you go MUSCLE about the stance (one/two raised hand, one/two closed hand) or do you have more dynamic poses in mind?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#37 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Welcome to the board Mark! :lol:
I can't wait to see the other designs in 3d form, Ulric is just awesome.
Will you go MUSCLE about the stance (one/two raised hand, one/two closed hand) or do you have more dynamic poses in mind?

I had not thought about it tbh, our 2nd figure is being digitally sculpted as we speak and I think both his hands are open

When it comes to the sculpts I try to balance out the PR nature of the promotional art with the playability of a toy. It would be much easier if they were 5.5" figures with joints but I am nowhere near ready for that type of stuff yet despite the sculpt itself being able to scale all the way up to 12"

Ultimately I am aiming for a pose that would look good by itself or with any other character. If you visit the site you see I have a host of other minis on hand to use as reference (Clawshine, Soma, MUSCLE, and I just got a GitD Galaxxor Mini)

Edited by markatisu, 06 January 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#38 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I am excited to see these come out, will be even more excited to see the first UoV VS. MW event :p
Posted Image

#39 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I am excited to see these come out, will be even more excited to see the first UoV VS. MW event :p

That may just be a fun idea, B00ster.

#40 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just some quick updates, we should have the 1st test shot from the digital sculpt late this week or early next week

We also finished the designs for the Championship belts, they will come near the end of the year or early next year with the 1st release of 2014

Posted Image

And we are running a poll to see if people want the rings a different color or just the standard black that they were made in

http://mystwarriors.com/blog/?p=202

#41 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think I would prefer the black, unpainted ring. It would keep the cost down and you wouldn't have to worry about the paint chipping or transferring to the figures. I get that you want the ring to stand out as your own though. You could just do that with AWF stickers for the ring apron and mat.

#42 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

If you're optioning them as being cast in a different color, I would suggest WWF (circa 1992) blue.

#43 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I am actually having them done using vinyl dye which infuses into the plastic and changes its color from the inside out, it does not rub off or chip and is commonly used by automotive companies to change the color of car parts and vinyl inside the car. There is no runs and it goes on evenly. Its actually pretty cool

A few friends of mine use that to change the color of their video game controllers and computer cases

The ring will have a sticker for its mat, those have already been ordered and produced. The Apron we are currently working on the stickers for.

Thanks for the input though! I like the idea of the WWE blue, if Blue is picked I will have to try to get that color

Edited by markatisu, 21 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#44 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Test shot has arrived from the digital sculpt, I think it came out great. Pictures do not do it justice

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by markatisu, 25 January 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#45 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

that is pretty dope dude. I cant wait to see what everyone else thinks of it as well.
Posted Image

#46 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Looks pretty sweet!

#47 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Thanks guys! Our next figure is in process now, its the Croc Goliath and will be Ulric's opponent in the first release

#48 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

Awesome, cant wait to see the pics :)
Posted Image

#49 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Goliath is here, standing at over 2" and with an arm spam of almost 4" this is one of the biggest characters in the line (the Gorilla Kayin is bigger). The prototype will be in my hands around the 25th of Feb

Posted Image

http://mystwarriors.com/blog/?p=275

Everything is on track for a C2E2 debut, so hope you guys like!

Posted Image

And next month we will show off the Spider Widowmaker

Posted Image

Edited by markatisu, 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#50 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Aw Damn it. I 'm gonna miss c2e2 this year. These are looking pretty sweet.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com