Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

LEE'S TOY REVIEW TO DO COMPLETE BB/LB GUIDE!!!

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#76 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

I see nothing, I know nothing!

I have seen what the REVIEW looks like, and it kicks arse. Plus, it's the pull out guide, so if the cover sucks for some reason, you can PULL OUT the guide!

However, they usually have a bar above the logo saying what review is inside.

I am so freakin' nervous!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

#77 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

...It's the pull out guide, so if the cover sucks for some reason, you can PULL OUT the guide!

Ahhh the good ol' "Pull Out" method... works everytime! B) <_< :unsure:

I am so freakin' nervous!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Don't be nervous 'bout it RAD. Worst case scenario if it sucks major donkey balls is we're just gonna throw stones at ya until you die. Nothing too bad. B)
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#78 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:34 AM

3 more days till i get my copy, i can't wait.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#79 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:23 PM

Grrrr... the Jan issue only appeared in Borders last week - I'll be waiting ages! :p

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#80 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

GREAT NEWS for the BB/LB community!!! The guide hit Comic Book Stores TODAY!!! It is INCREDIBLE!!! I was a little bummed that the photos of Sylvain's 6 French Shields didn't give credit to him as the only known collector who owns all 6 and they were sited as being from HIS collection. I only skimmed through it, because there was only one issue left and I know the Book Stores will have plenty of them, not to mention, I will get mine in the mail shortly. Kudos to Ben for getting this guide made!!! ;)

For those of you wonderin'...nope...no info on my customs. I don't know why. Ben is gonna give them a ring tomorrow to find out if/when it might get published. Oh well. :lol: I give Ben an "A" for effort though. Thanks Ben!

Those of you wanting copies need to contact me, pay me for the cover price and then I will figure out shipping once I have them packed for shipping.

LMK ASAP!

Just wait till you guys see what a BEAUTIFUL job LEE's did!!! :lol: I HOPE to GOD EVERYONE here and their friends email LEE's and tells them they MUST do the LB guide NEXT, and not too many issues away from this one! :lol:

TGB

#81 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Cool. Looking forward to picking this up. Are the pictures nice and crystal clear? Too bad about the info on your customs. I will definately send Lee's a response.

#82 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

i'll be looking for mine this weekend, and congratz everyone!!!

#83 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:15 PM

i'll be looking for mine this weekend...

I'll be picking mine up this weekend as well!

Hey Marty, does the cover mention anything about Battle Beasts on the cover?

#84 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:30 PM

i'll be looking for mine this weekend...

I'll be picking mine up this weekend as well!

Hey Marty, does the cover mention anything about Battle Beasts on the cover?

I think so! I cannot remember. I was gonna pick up a few extra copies for members, but, they only had one. <_<

TGB

#85 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

Cool. Looking forward to picking this up. Are the pictures nice and crystal clear? Too bad about the info on your customs. I will definately send Lee's a response.

ABSOLUTELY CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!

In fact, I sent them photos of Lord's 6 French shields and surprizing enough...my photos of those shields are CRYSTAL CLEAR as well!!! <_< :D

Ya, I was bummed... :( Oh well, MAYBE they will run the custom article at a later date. ;)

TGB

#86 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:36 PM

Well I am glad to hear that it came out nice. I am hoping to be able to find it this weekend. We're going out for Jenny's birthday Saturday night, and just a block away from the restaraunt is a Barnes and Noble. So hopefully we can head over there to check it out. Man, I would be ecstatic if I will be able to see a magazine with a guide to my favorite toyline ever, Battle Beasts!

Eric

#87 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

Hey guys,

I am so ticked off that I haven't been able to locate my own copy yet, but I should be finding it soon.

The story about Marty's customs will be in NEXT month's issue. I contacted them today, they said they ran out of space and when it came to decide what stayed and what went, since a lot of the issue was already dedicated to BB, they decided to save the story for next month. But they are definitely running it, so make sure you pick up NEXT month's issue, too! Shameless promotion, indeed.

#88 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:04 PM

I'm getting really excited to see this issue. I can't wait to see the layout of the article and all the pictures of our favorite little guys! By the way, how many page spread is it?

~~~Omega~~~

#89 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

Ok, so far I have one extra copy for whoever wants it. Delta, if you and Mark want the first 2, lmk asap. PP me (thegodbeast@mchsi.com) $13 for the cost of the mags., then when I have gotten the 2nd copy, I will pack them up individually and shoot ya the shipping $. I am going out of town for 2 days to hunt pheasant, so I will check my PP/pms when I return on Sunday afternoon. <_<

Thanks,
TGB

#90 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

Okay, I FINALLY scored my own copies today. I got a fax of the guide before it went to press, but wow...WOW...I am just completely blown away! I know I am extremely biased, but I do believe this is one of the best pull-out guides Lee's has ever done. What I loved even more? On the cover above the masthead, Pirate Lion is on the cover with the good DC Superheroes, and Triple Threat Snake is on the cover with the DC bad guys.

#91 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:43 AM

i'm been swamped all week w/ crap to do, so i'm picking up my copy today after work!

=0
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#92 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:26 AM

I checked around at a few places this weekend and couldn't find a copy of the mag at my local Barnes and Noble store or my Suncoast. When I checked at Borders, they had one copy of #159! :D

Damn am I pissed about this. :lol:

#93 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:21 AM

after looking around @ 5 different store i finally just on a whim decided to hit the borders downtown on state st. figuring i wouldn't find parking and i'd just have to wait to go to the comic shop next weekend. well as luck would have it i found a spot, i ran over to the store and looked around and finally found it tucked in w/ the crafting/knitting mags. i grabbed it and booked to the register. i got home and looked the guide over, and i must say it was very well done. thank you for doing this for the community of beastformers collector's Run Amock Duck. it's nice to finally see this line getting some well deserved credit and a guide like that makes it that much better.

=)

#94 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:21 AM

I checked around at a few places this weekend and couldn't find a copy of the mag at my local Barnes and Noble store or my Suncoast. When I checked at Borders, they had one copy of #159! :D

Damn am I pissed about this. :lol:

Same as me Arthur, I don't think it has hit us yet. I am going to check agian this Saturday.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#95 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

after looking around @ 5 different store i finally just on a whim decided to hit the borders downtown on state st. figuring i wouldn't find parking and i'd just have to wait to go to the comic shop next weekend. well as luck would have it i found a spot, i ran over to the store and looked around and finally found it tucked in w/ the crafting/knitting mags. i grabbed it and booked to the register. i got home and looked the guide over, and i must say it was very well done. thank you for doing this for the community of beastformers collector's Run Amock Duck. it's nice to finally see this line getting some well deserved credit and a guide like that makes it that much better.

=)

Hey LL,

Did they have any copies of the magazine left there at Borders? That is one of the places I am going to plan on checking out this wednesday when I head up to school. None of the places I have checked around here at home have got any. I am hoping to try and get to Tower Records, Borders and Grahm Cracker Comics, all around the same area downtown.

Eric

#96 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:24 PM

I got one at my comic shop (actually both had them) and I got mine in the mail today! I got a copy each for Delta and markerdoos. I will tell you your total w/ shipping soon!

I have to figure out what to pack them in before I weigh them. :lol:

TGB

#97 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:11 AM

w00t!

TGB, you rock!

Thnx bro!

#98 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:56 AM

yeah they had a few copied left over, so you shouldn't have a problem picking it up.

=)

#99 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:10 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:38 PM

Well Boarders came through today and I got the issue. I got the "good guys" cover. Overall very nice guid. Some nice background information. Very nice pictures. I like how they have the US name and the Japanese name. Have they always listed prices in the price guide? Are the Sunburst/Clear Gator prices pretty acurate?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com