#26 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

You folks realise that all three trolls are different, right?

The neon red one resembles Frank's purple one a lot, but the typeface used for the numbers is different.

OOPS. No, did not realize that!

Well, time to go investigate MIMP point value typefaces... or not.

#27 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either typeface (the one on mine or the one on the NR Jotun) can be found on regular non-star Jotuns.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#28 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

It's also been pointed out on Facebook that the 'fake' has the slight indent of what looks to be a trial run of making the star impression, before actually going ahead and making it. I ran the pic through a structure enhance using Instagram pic editor and it's even more clear. Make of that what you will...

(Note these are not my pics)

Attached File  image.jpeg   31.49K   57 downloads

The star being recreated:
Attached File  image.jpeg   67.69K   55 downloads

Edited by bigburty, 01 January 2016 - 02:49 PM.

#29 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Nailed it right there!  I once went to Hobby Lobby looking for something like a paper punch that would make such an impression when heated.  Never found a match, but I bet it is this type of tool.

#30 PapaTez

PapaTez

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

To be honest I thought that was the colour for the star monster, as the one I sent away was the same colour, i didn't even know they came in so many colours, all my others and just green purple yellow and red.

Im from Australia

#31 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

So, where are we at with the other two?  Are all three fakes?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

To be honest I thought that was the colour for the star monster, as the one I sent away was the same colour, i didn't even know they came in so many colours, all my others and just green purple yellow and red.

Im from Australia

Do you remember how you got it? Like in a 12 pack, single pack, etc.? Neon red figures (along with neon green, neon purple and neon yellow) were sold in separate assortments from the standard red, green, purple and yellow figures.

Neon red Jotun Troll is a figure that has been thought to be limited to specific countries - mostly France.

#33 PapaTez

PapaTez

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

I only ever bought the mystery packs, the contents were a surprise, wasn't hard to spot the star jotun when he came out bright Orange/ NR
From toy world and I can tell you I am it's only owner.
I was looking up sites to try and get the full set for my son, since finding them in my parents cupboard, and stumbled on that fake star jotun and pissed myself laughing.

Edited by PapaTez, 01 January 2016 - 06:08 PM.

#34 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

I only ever bought the mystery packs, the contents were a surprise, wasn't hard to spot the star jotun when he came out bright Orange/ NR
From toy world

Ah okay, I wasn't sure in what ways MIMP were released in Australia. In the U.S. the only mystery packs were boxed "Secret 12 packs" where one monster was visible and the rest were hidden. In some other countries (like France), there were also mystery single bags with just one monster hidden inside. 

So you're saying you would have pulled the NR star Jotun Troll out of a box that also contained standard (non-neon) color figures?

Thanks for sharing this info, by the way! 

#35 PapaTez

PapaTez

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Yes out of the box and is the only neon that I own since I sent the other one away, so 2 boxes were full of what I know as normal colours with one neon red/ bright orange in it.
I can take i pic of what else I own, but I lot have gone missing im thinking my mum threw out damaged ones and kept the good ones

#36 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

Interesting that some of the rarer neons also showed up in Australia. More layers of the mystery revealed. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#37 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Interesting that some of the rarer neons also showed up in Australia. More layers of the mystery revealed. 

Yeah, and that it was in the same box with regular colors. Maybe that was the only rarer neon they put in those boxes, and they just threw it in with the regulars since it was a special figure anyway. Just speculation of course.

#38 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Hmmm... do you think we could do with another round of photos from differentangles, aind including a non-star Jotun?

#39 PapaTez

PapaTez

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, but will be later, I have a yellow jotun to compare it too.
Any specific angles you guys want?

#40 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

Straightforward, to compare fonts.  It's kind of a mystery like this, but anything comparing them directly is good!

#41 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

You people are all insane.

Once this mystery is solved can you all please team up and find out what the hell is buried on Oak Island for me?

I hate that stupid worthless show and they can't find jack and or shit and never will so you guys need to get the scooby gang together and figure that island out. After the troll thing of course.

#42 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

Wow that's crazy (and intriguing) that your NRs were in boxes full on standard colour, non-neon figures. I would've presumed you'd have found them in neon 12-packs or individual packets, similar to the French ones.

#43 PapaTez

PapaTez

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

I did not even know they came in neons, thought it was that colour because it was a star one. The feet read
( ©MEG CHINA )on one and the other ( NBR. 12 b ) the yellow one is the same except the b is an a

Attached Files

Edited by PapaTez, 02 January 2016 - 04:22 AM.

#44 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:25 AM

Well, there is it.  The typeface is the same on the ordinary one as the homemade star.

That is an amazing find and quite an exciting thing around here.  When you hold it and look at it does it seem special or does it just seem like another figure with a slight variation?  I am truly curious.  I would love to find something like this, and I always wonder about how exciting it would feel.

Also, are you considering selling it?  Have you been getting offers?  I am not in that market at all, just to be clear.  I just wonder if I came across something so cool, what I would do.  Would I be able to resist not selling it?  Or would just owning it feel so powerful that I would have to keep it.

A guy around here recently came across a purple MUSCLE Claw, which is another one of those holy grails, and he told us that he was going to keep it.  I enjoyed reading his take on why that was his decision. 

Happy New Year and thanks for sharing!

Edited by steverotters, 02 January 2016 - 04:29 AM.

#45 PapaTez

PapaTez

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:00 AM

I have 1/2 star jotuns in this community/world so yes powerful is a nice way to put it, even more so in the fact you wouldn't be able to pry fkro's from his corpse.
And yes I would keep it if I was a collector, but I am not. I have had no offers on it but I would be willing to sell it to the right person for it to be truly appreciated. As you put it, it is The holy relic of MIMP it belongs with a collector.

#46 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

Hey, thanks for the pictures!  I wonder what the deal is with the font now - honestly, it might be as simple as different stamps used in different molds (evernotice how some figuresare stamped A and some B on their feet?).

#47 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

Hey, thanks for the pictures!  I wonder what the deal is with the font now - honestly, it might be as simple as different stamps used in different molds (evernotice how some figuresare stamped A and some B on their feet?).

There's more than just A and B feet stamps too - for example of have a NP Skeleton stamped D or E

#48 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

PM me if interested in buying it

That's not how we do things around here. You need to provide a price :)

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#49 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

There are also some figures like spring healed jack and mad scientist if I remember correctly with there point values in different places depending on which mold was used to cast them.

Tez I sent you a PM

Edited by PaulEWog116, 03 January 2016 - 11:23 AM.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#50 kevinstowmarket

kevinstowmarket

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Something doesn't seem right. After years of collecting suddenly 2 come to light so quickly!!! Bet another turns up in 3 months now

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com