6 replies to this topic

#1 hobbner

hobbner

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 01:04 PM

I'm new to the site and couldn't find a place to post this, so I'll post here. I bought some DBZ Keshi figures and I wanted to openly display them on my desk. My brother told me that it isn't good to do so because the rubber degrades. I'm new to these and never owned any before. Is it safe to display them on a desk? Are they safe in plastic or plastic bags? Will they get messed up or melt? How should I clean these? I used disinfectant wipes. Are those okay? These questions may sound silly but my OCD is acting up because I paid pretty good money for these and they are rare, and I don't want them to get messed up. So if anyone could give me any tips and advice on maintaining my keshi figures, how to properly clean them and display them without them getting messed up. I greatly appreciate it.

#2 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 11 April 2022 - 03:44 PM

Soft keshi will bond with certain materials if left in contact, so be careful about storing them with other plastic figures, or displaying them on plastic/artificial surfaces.

For example, kinkeshi are known to fuse with/stain MUSCLE if stored in the same container. I had some Transformers keshi displayed in an Ikea display that had particle board shelves. They kind of melted into the shelves and left sticky stains. Once I discovered that, I moved them to a wooden shelf and have not had any further problems.

I am not an industrial chemist, but I would not store keshi in anything plastic. I am unsure how they do on glass or metal surfaces. My guess would be that those options were OK, but I have no direct experience. Hopefully others can offer their knowledge.

Thank you

#3 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 12 April 2022 - 07:28 PM

Displaying dragon ball Keshi,say on your desk should be fine. It's the older Keshi that are more 'eraser like' that could have issues. I have seen yellow figures with red staining,so I wouldn't store those two colors together. As far as cleaning goes,I just use dish soap,hot water,and a toothbrush. Here's my DBZ setup thus far.....

Attached Files

#4 hobbner

hobbner

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 09:46 PM

Displaying dragon ball Keshi,say on your desk should be fine. It's the older Keshi that are more 'eraser like' that could have issues. I have seen yellow figures with red staining,so I wouldn't store those two colors together. As far as cleaning goes,I just use dish soap,hot water,and a toothbrush. Here's my DBZ setup thus far.....

Thank you for answering. I really appreciate it.
Wow, great collection. How long have you had them? And you've had no problems?

The ones I have are Spice and Colonel Silver.

Are they the eraser ones you're talking about? They seem solid. Here are pictures:

https://static.wikia...=20130428151240

https://static.wikia...=20130518192700

#5 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 12 April 2022 - 09:57 PM

Thank you for answering. I really appreciate it.
Wow, great collection. How long have you had them? And you've had no problems?
The ones I have are Spice and Colonel Silver.
Are they the eraser ones you're talking about? They seem solid.

Thanks,I started collecting them about 6 months ago. No problems. The eraser type ones I was referring to are older Keshi from the 80's,like kinnikuman and other series'. DBZ Keshi came out in the mid 90's I believe,so they shouldn't have any issues.

#6 hobbner

hobbner

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 10:09 PM

Thanks,I started collecting them about 6 months ago. No problems. The eraser type ones I was referring to are older Keshi from the 80's,like kinnikuman and other series'. DBZ Keshi came out in the mid 90's I believe,so they shouldn't have any issues.

The World Tournament set looks awesome.
So, the ones I got are okay? The wiki says the Spice one came out in 1991 and the Colonel Silver came out in the 80's.

Also, where did you get yours from?

I'm looking for a few particular ones and I can't find them anywhere.

#7 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 13 April 2022 - 08:01 PM

The World Tournament set looks awesome.
So, the ones I got are okay? The wiki says the Spice one came out in 1991 and the Colonel Silver came out in the 80's.
Also, where did you get yours from?
I'm looking for a few particular ones and I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks. Ya,they should be fine. I do all my Keshi shopping on yahoo Japan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Keshi, caring, display, maintaining

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com