72 replies to this topic

#26 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Funny that wave 2 is set to come out and wave 1 has yet to even get to any stores, only online sales

#27 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Yeah, that's weird.

#28 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

I believe Robot Kingdom operates out of China so it's not unlikely for them to get stuff first... As for Tiny Titans I expect new stock is gonna start coming out this week so it's possible these will show up on store shelves as well.

#29 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

EmGo's got a review out for them.

#30 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

that's the most annoying thing I have ever attempted to watch. 

#31 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

Bizarrely, Tiny Titans Series 2 has already been found domestically! http://www.tfw2005.c...-retail-181921/

Since most stores haven't put much effort into their toy sections after the holiday rush, most probably haven't done the reset necessary to be able to make room for the new lines like this, so give it some more time if you prefer to wait until you see them in person. For stuff like this, resorting to an import site like Robot Kingdom really isn't necessary.

#32 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

:)

Edited by steverotters, 27 January 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#33 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

that's the most annoying thing I have ever attempted to watch. 

That WAS obnoxious.

I am still interested in these, but I'm starting to think that they aren't going to hit major retail outlets here in the states.

#34 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

Edited by steverotters, 27 January 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#35 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

Edited by steverotters, 27 January 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#36 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

That WAS obnoxious.

I am still interested in these, but I'm starting to think that they aren't going to hit major retail outlets here in the states.

It looks like Series 1 was skipped over from what I have read. Series 2 is showing up at most Toys R Us in the US.

Just use Entertainment Earth, at the start of the thread. $50 per case, or  2.08 per figure. One case = two sets.  One to keep -- one to sell or trade or modify.  At retail these are $3 each and even if you find a place that carried them you have to deal with blind bags.  Aka lots of duplicates, becoming a pack-picker, or getting the shitty remains of other pack-pickers.   Even if you find all 12, that's $36 instead of EE's $25. 

I agree it might be the only way to get Series 1 is from online sales but these are $1.99 retail not $3...I just don't want two sets because I doubt these will sell. If anyone wants to go in on a case I would be willing to do that?

Edited by seekingxar, 25 January 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#37 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

Steve, that was a pretty goo write up. I'm not going to buy an entire box to just get four decepticons, but I definitely think I will make the effort to get them.

#38 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

I take it back what I said about Series 1 being hard to find, saw them at two seperate TRU's today...so they are out

#39 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:25 PM

Anyone interested in some series 2 packs? I'm thinking about buying a case, so they would be 2 bucks plus shipping.

#40 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

Anyone interested in some series 2 packs? I'm thinking about buying a case, so they would be 2 bucks plus shipping.

I need a Soundwave and Sharkticon, and could go for a Quillfire. Other than that I could care less about the set.

If you end up getting a box, let me know.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#41 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

I abandoned that idea, seems like everyone wants the same guys...sharkticon

#42 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

Wave 3 is looking the best yet. Dat Repugnus!

On that note, still haven't seen a single goddamn one in Canada yet.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#43 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Series 2 is out at Target but they are 2.50...Series 1 is at Toys R Us at 2 bucks...I bought a small army of Sharks and love them. I'm about to take one and remove the paint so hopefully it looks like a solid purple decoy from G1

#44 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Series 2 is out at Target but they are 2.50...Series 1 is at Toys R Us at 2 bucks...I bought a small army of Sharks and love them. I'm about to take one and remove the paint so hopefully it looks like a solid purple decoy from G1

So that's why I can't complete a set. ;) Same breakdown as in my area -- except 2.50 at both places. MSRP is actually 2.99.

Series 1 is also at Wal-Mart.  I forgot to check the price.

I can't believe they've already doubled-up Bumblebee in Series 2 and it looks like another Optimus in Series 3.  I also can't believe the packaging is exactly the same per series (except for a very small "Series 2" etc) -- the graphics are the same, even featuring characters on the packaging that aren't in the series.  

As far as Series 3, here are the pics.  Street date is April 29, 2015.  Yeah, it looks like Repugnus will be the Sharkticon of Series 3.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 10 May 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#45 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

.I bought a small army of Sharks and love them. I'm about to take one and remove the paint so hopefully it looks like a solid purple decoy from G1

I've had the same idea regarding the paint, but how did you end up buying an army of the sharks? Are there ID codes for these or something, or did you just feel it out? (not that I've seen series 2 yet, just curious)

Edited by bachamn, 24 March 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#46 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

There is a very small window on the back of the bag, where you can make out what figure is inside, even if you have trouble feeling out which sculpt is in it.

#47 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

So I managed to pick up a set of series of 1 for now. Like most people on this board I wasn't a fan of the paint apps. I tried doing the simple green method of removing paint, but damn that's a lot of work for 12 figures. Anyway, I like the figures with out paint.  I still need to work on removing paint as there is still a bit left on my steeljaw figure. For about a week, I've been soaking a figure in simple green and another in LA totally awesome, which is another non harming cleaner I've read that people recommend. Hopefully sometime this weekend I can take those two out of their baths and give em a scrub to remove the paint, which I'm also hoping that the longer bath would make the job easier.  Anyway I like the figure with out his paint, you can really see a difference in his face alone.I just need to finish his chest.

Attached Files

• Attached File  SJ 1.jpg   32.28K   6 downloads
  • Attached File  sj2.jpg   42.94K   5 downloads
  • Attached File  sj3.jpg   42.25K   6 downloads

#48 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

I took the paint off of a couple of these.  I kittyfooted around with Simply Green and graffiti remover and had no luck.  I finally said eff it and I got some paintbrush cleaner. 

Using paintbrush cleaner and a toothbrush, it wasn't too difficult.  I think maybe people are expecting a situation where you just let the figure soak, and the paint magically disappears.  This is not the case.  I let them soak for about 5 minutes, then elbow-greased the heck out of them using a toothbrush.  When you remove paint, it has to go somewhere... so it ends up splashing all over the surrounding area.  I also used q-tips and toothpicks to help where needed. The toothpicks help scrape the paint from nooks and crannies.  The q-tips I would use with fresh cleaner to absorb the washed-out paint from the detailed areas.  Here's the thing -- as you are removing the paint, it turns into a "wash."  So even though the thickness of the paint has been removed, there is still a newly-created paint-wash that keeps flowing into every possible nook.  Running water over it may wash off the paintbrush cleaner, but the "wash" of paint will stay behind filling in the cracks.   

I chose these two Tiny T's, because these two I am actually interested in repainting. They happen to have minimal paint apps and were pretty easy. I took the paint off a Gormiti figure at the same time. The reason I did the Gormiti was to make sure the paintbrush cleaner could handle significantly thick paint apps.  It required lots more scrubbing, but still, no problems.  To get a figure stripped enough to take a new paint job is fairly easy, but to get all the paint out of the "wash" areas -- to make it look as if it had never been painted at all -- takes a lot more time and material (paintbrush cleaner).

Here are pics of all three.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 10 May 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#49 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

Looks a 1000 times better without the paint. These are pretty hard to pick up around here now. TRU had series one and target had series 2 but neither restocked.

#50 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

Series 3 has hit eBay.  $53 per case with free shipping.  That's $26.50 per set.  Here's your Repugnus. 

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com