2 replies to this topic

#1 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

I have a bunch of #48 and I noticed that there are different injection points on his arm.... You can see in the pic that there are top of the arm versions and bottom of the arm versions. I included a pic of orange as well with the same differing injection points.

I have noticed it in different spots on keshi version before and marked it off to probably being a bootleg or something, but never thought to check the muscle version. Interesting that maybe he was on two different trees? I couldn't find any other info on it after a brief search.

Attached Files

Edited by Sydot, 27 April 2017 - 08:31 PM.

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#2 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

There is a thread talking about this, circa 2004(?). From what I recall, we determined that trees were double sided, with each side mirroring each other. This would account for figures having two possible injection points, thus designating an "A" and "B" version of each sculpt.

As a side note, I always wonder if those chasing a master set take that into account.

#3 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

No.

I don't consider it a variation. I love minutia, but this would take it to an absolutely absurd level. Plus, I don't feel 100% confident that the trees always mirrored. I think that could be a factor in why we see some figures less than others.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com