• Please log in to reply
9164 replies to this topic

#101 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:05 PM

Okay, Mars and Jeager on a team is super-sweet 'n all, but what the hell is with a couple of plad teddy-bears? What, is their weaknesses cuddle and hug? XD Actually, I'd kill the bears. I'm not a big fan of teddys... *hugs and snuggles a stuffed cow* X3
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#102 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:18 PM

I've forgotten somethin'!

On the 13th August, I'd be on holiday to Geneva for 10 days, that I won't be able to post two previews by then ( and get Jump Superstars later. Sob).
So if anyone wishes to post 'em during my absence on every Tuesday, go ahead, 'cos I doubt I'd be able to use the net there at some point (even I would wanna know what happened), but who knows. Thanks in advance.

#103 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:31 PM

I'll do it fer ya, Frobman! >-<

Hope you have a nice holiday.

#104 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

Man shocked at Sueichi doing that to Checkmate.

Some of the teams look cool to me, those plaid teddy bears, well you now the one rule in Kinnikuman, don't judge a book by it's cover. (they could be disguises for somebody else too)

Robin Mask and Terryman as a team, that will be interesting.

The playing card guy and the alphabet fella look intersting (paper cut to death is only thing I can think up with the card guy)

Heck I await to see all these guys in action.

#105 Skullduggery

Skullduggery

Original Prankster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

lol at the guy made out of a model kit.

#106 A-Log

A-Log

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

The new chojins look very interesting. The teddy bear team, the playing card guy, the human alphabet and the others look very interesting. But I personally find the chojin wrestler made out of the stone heads of Easter Island the most intriguing. Can anybody translate the names of the new teams?

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto

PS- The translation of the names of the fan-made chojins shown a while back should also be known and looked upon. The chojin made out of billiard balls is one of my faves. Props to the fan who created him!

#107 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:10 AM

Doesn't look like the manga's going to get put up this week. Sorry about that...
As soon as it is though, I'll be sure to post.

#108 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:20 AM

The new tournament is just about ready to start, showing various tag-teams like from the manga update a couple of weeks ago.

Now that I look into it even more, are they having a Royal Rumble? B)

#109 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:09 PM

As mentioned in another topic "The return of Frobman from his 10 days holiday!".

Thanks for taking over, now I'm taking over this joint!

Something I've noticed is the title font. Mantaro's hair on the *Niku* and *Nisei* is written differently.

Plus Kinnikuman Nisei is returning to V-Jump, I think.

#110 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:49 AM

Nisei returning to V-Jump? I've only seen a few Japanese scans of them both, but the storyline was very different from the Playboy manga.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#111 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

Lookie what I found! Manga summeries! I would use Bablefish or something to translate them, but there's loads of pictures. All I can say is...why the heck is Ikeman keeping Kevin on that Electralux thingy that was used in the Ricardo v Mantaro match?! :p (look at the second page)
The Checkmate parts are absolutely gross... :wub: As I've already stated a few posts ago.

http://www.lunar.to/...era/2sei-1.html
http://www.lunar.to/...era/2sei-2.html
http://www.lunar.to/...era/2sei-3.html
http://www.lunar.to/...era/2sei-4.html

#112 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:56 AM

That was helpful. And in the manga, they used a cross with spears and spikes in it, not and electric X.
Anyhoo, new chapter.

Attached Files

#113 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:21 PM

Why's Terry in those dorky tights? I liked his original attire better.

And I think that plad teddy bear I talked a bout is a mouse... You can barely see it.
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#114 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:03 PM

First time noticing it, Kinnikuman Nisei has a new logo.

#115 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:37 AM

New chapter. I think it's a battle royal.

Attached Files

#116 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:42 AM

Is Ranko getting kidnapped again or is Ranko shutting her up from saying something in that last panel (if reading right should be the last panel) Now I wish I knew how to read Japanese.

I do wonder, is this the first time a Battle Royal has happened in the Kinnikuman Saga? If so cool.

#117 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:49 AM

That reminds me, new chapter. The Teddy Bear team seam to have won with a move of theirs called the Teddy Crusher.
On a related note, my brother has got a beginner's Japanese and expects me to learn it all well (so I'd translate stuff for him), and it could help in many ways. First I'm trying to learn it subliminally (like in the Simpsons), I might learn it all or forget it, let's hope (and pray) that I get on well with this.

Attached Files

Edited by Frobman, 12 September 2005 - 10:50 AM.

#118 A-Log

A-Log

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:34 PM

I know this may sound stupid, but does this story arc takes place in the past? Time traveling is a little confusing factor since it's Japanese.

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto

#119 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:30 AM

I know this may sound stupid, but does this story arc takes place in the past? Time traveling is a little confusing factor since it's Japanese.

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto

I think so. Seeing as how most of the chyojins are in their prime like they were in the first series.

#120 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:24 PM

Oi Frob, are you guys planning on doing text translations (like what you did with the Demon Seed Saga) or what not?

Can anyone scan a page of the fan made chojins and their names?

#121 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:49 PM

Seeing as how busy I am (gotta finish my college project in 2 weeks before college, and buy a toy when done) I'll just post the lager version of the page so that someone else can try to translate it. I hope this helps.
I haven't really begun on the Japanese thing yet.

Attached Files

#122 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:14 AM

New chapter. The 39th so far.

Attached Files

#123 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the pic Frob! I can understand the Katakana very well.

#124 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:48 PM

New chapter. I gonna start calling these people Thunder and Lightning (as from what I can read from the katakana, it makes sense.). Thunder being the big guy and Lightning the dome head guy.

Attached Files

#125 A-Log

A-Log

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:03 PM

Correct on the names, since I believe that they were mentioned several posts ago. And they were fan-characters, I believe. Anyway, did you get the names of the Alphabet Man and the human Pile O' Cards translated yet? Even though they lost, I have a keen interest in them.

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com