• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#1 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

Hi guys,
Just wonder someone could be interested in order 15 missing figures set I'm going to order to the same creator of figures like Kali, Windigo, RedCap, Triton, Cyclops and Hydra? The figures will be created and sculpted in same way and same style of the original figures we all know. Will be also possible to choose the casting with hard rubber or soft rubber (this one almost same hardness of original MIMPs)
Please let me know if someone interested. :)

P.S. also Bash Tchelik will be avalaible together with 15 missing figures from 82 to 96.

#2 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

Not entirely sure what you're talking about... Someone's going to make sculpts of the 15 missing ones? Is that right? If so, yes, VERY interested.

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#3 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

whats the cost for one figure? is there some kind of discount for ordering say 5 or 10 or whatever?
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#4 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

I'm definitely interested if the quality is exact. :)

#5 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hi to all guys,
I' m really proud to advice you that the quality probably will be Exact and figures will come surely in same style of original figures because the sculptor is the same that sculpted figures like Cyclops Hydra and so on, under commission by MEG company.
He's the owner of many different prototypes from 90's project.
The same person sold the large 2:1 protos to me when I found the picture on the web.
This is the link of that topic: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=32129
Obviously, more people we're and better will be for all because will be less expensive dividing expenditure.

#6 wizard

wizard

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Action figures

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hey, this is good news, was he involved with the monster quest line? and are these new monsters going to be similar to the 1st 2nd 3rd series or are they more like the later series?
Collecting: MIMP, OMFG, FOP, DC direct, LEGO

#7 halfbad

halfbad

http://adamprattart.com/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Toy figures, miniature painting, gaming, sculpting.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Edit: Eh, I am just sour on the MIMP subject. Good luck with the project man.

Edited by halfbad, 26 March 2011 - 01:14 PM.

"Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time."
-George S. Patton

My art.

#8 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hey, this is good news, was he involved with the monster quest line? and are these new monsters going to be similar to the 1st 2nd 3rd series or are they more like the later series?

No no he's not involved with later Quest line but he has worked on the sculpt project of 90's figures.
So figures from 1st serie only.

#9 yakato

yakato

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

OMG This Is Fabulous!! Count With Me Fede :)
Smooth Collector, Hunter of MIMP´s premiums, Looking For Orobas Big boy

#10 Bazoon

Bazoon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:16 AM

would also take a set :)

#11 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:05 AM

I too would have a set :)

#12 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:30 AM

I too would have a set :)

#13 Leviathan

Leviathan

"Keep your Eyes peeled"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my Pocket, Kaiju, Vinyl & Customs

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hey, I would also take a Set.

#14 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

Hey, I would also take a Set.

This is Amazing guys!!!
We're already alot! I'm talking with him asking and taking agreements.
This project it's just Great I already can figure it...
This man is really clever and I'm sure the result will be Supercool!!
I'll give you all news as soon as I receive back an email from him to have the confirmation the project to create a large number of them it's feasible.

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 28 March 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#15 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

I would be interested as well. But have you discussed price? That may be the make it or break it for alot of people.

Edited by OmegaTraf, 28 March 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#16 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

I would be interested as well. But have you discussed price? That may be the make it or break it for alot of people.

Hi Omega,
probably the price will be a little bit high but (this is my personal thinking) for me it's important to have those figures... sure it'll be not crazy price but also if I have to pay 100$ for each figures I can definitely confirm my order. Some 3rd serie from Shreddies or BB have also high cost on Ebay, in this case the figures are more and more rare than them.
I talked with him alot and seems that he's able to put on points value on the back in the same style with circle and also writings on the bottom feet.

#17 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the reply but are you talking $100 for the set?, or $1500 for set?

Big difference. I'd own a Snowman by now if I could every afford even $50 to $100 a figure.

#18 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

yeah... is the initial fee to sculpt them $100 each~? then have someone mold them and sell them for cheaper~? or will they be $100 a piece to buy them~?

#19 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:07 AM

yeah... is the initial fee to sculpt them $100 each~? then have someone mold them and sell them for cheaper~? or will they be $100 a piece to buy them~?

Hi guys I've some news,
As you said last message Eric, you correct, the price to create the sculpts at first is high.
The price for one set will be 1,500$ and it will include:
-15 missing figures in hard or soft rubber (the choice to the buyer) cast in same colours of 1st, 2nd or 3rd series colours including Big Boy's special colours; Really large Choice
Points and writing under foot and edge steps around the base of the figures (the same of original figures!!!)
They'll have the same style and same size the original MIMPs based on the Argentinian Stickers pictures that I already sent to him (not Quest line style or aspect)
-Bash Tchelik just if interested in (I'll order it too for sure) in special limited edition with some different writings as it's an extra figure also looking to the Stickers from Arg. Album
-Certificates of autenticity from the artists that's the same sculptor of 90's MIMPs with a lot of info about figures, about him, about the limited edition of this work and about his own brand mark
-Shipping included to you if you want or to me and then I ship to you... I don't know how it's better for all this is to decide yet..
I'm going to order the set for me (I'm not sure to take both soft and hard rubber) anyway you can decide if you prefer hard plastic or soft rubber (this last one so close to the original MIMPs rubber)
He wants to make this project in Very limited edition, he told me about 20 or 24 will be the maximum number of orders.
He will accept Paypal and he also told me will do a very good work of packaging and handling for each one with covers for Certificates and so on..
If someone interested in this AMAZING PROJECT please let me know here or contact me at: federico.mazzotta@libero.it

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 29 March 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#20 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

$1500 could buy a decent used car or cover 2 mortgage payments for me. I'll be curious to see what these look like but the price is way too high. Thanks for keeping LRG in the loop though.

Edited by OmegaTraf, 29 March 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#21 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

$1500 could buy a decent used car or cover 2 mortgage payments for me. I'll be curious to see what these look like but the price is way too high. Thanks for keeping LRG in the loop though.

Don't worry man, no one is obliged to take them. I know the price is high but this is the only way to have them, cause I have contracted a lot with him to have this price.
Looking at his 2:1 prototypes I bought from him, I think if the result is the same I'll be happy to have paid that price as well. The protos Job it's just Amazing!!! Take a look!!

Attached Files

#22 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hi guys!

This is the last message I've received by the Artist:

OK. I understand and we can approach this another way.

10 sets of 16 figures in lots of 1 - 5 is currently $1,500

First, we can make them cheaper if you get all your orders in at one time, so:
10 sets of 16 figures in 1 lot for $1,000 per set or $62.50 each.

But his means we need to have all 16 figs done and in molds to produce efficiently.
Therefore you would need to get all 16 figs carved first. And of course your 2 copies.
Anything above our rate is yours.

Option 2 - Order 15-20 sets for $800 per set ($50 per fig) $12K

Option 3 - Order 100 sets for $640 per set ($40 per fig) $64K

I wouldn't produce more than that.

Your thoughts guys?

#23 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

While I like the idea and know his work is professional, I can't justify $1000 for the set. It doesn't help that out of the unreleased monsters, there are really only a few I'd want to pay $62.50 for (Troll, Banshee and the Headless Man) and I'm guessing purchasing individual figures would be out of the question in this case.

#24 keywolf

keywolf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

It sounds like a VERY exciting project but like most people, I think it's way out of my price range (I could probably stretch to $640 for the set though - are 99 other people willing to do the same??)

Otherwise, maybe there are other options?

-A bunch of us could buy a set together, if we wanted different models from the set?

or

-Maybe we could vote on which figure we would most like to see sculpted? The most popular one(s) could then be cast and sold?

Personally, I'd love to see Grendel, Jabalius and Talos.

#25 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:39 AM

I'm wondering if reducing the color range might help reduce the price too. Going with just four standard colors rather than every available color would certainly be cheaper, would it not?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com