Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Satan Cross - Early Release or End of Line?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 05:39 PM

Here is proof that Satan Cross was released early in the line vs. the theory that he was released during the latter end of the toy line. During the first few waves of ther MUSCLE toy, on the back of the 4-packs, there was the offer for the poster. Somewhere in the middle of the run, while they still had only pinks, they discontinued to poster offer on the back of the 4 packs, and so tyou had 4 packs with a blank spot on the back, where the poster offer was previously. So I was thinking, we have a S.C. in a 4 pack, sealed, so what does the back look like. Here you go. We now know for sure that he was released during the beginning of the run, and not the middle or end.

Attached Files

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 06:16 PM

Right on, great thinking Johnny! :D

Now we finally know! Is that the back of Kinnikumangureto's sealed M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Pack with the Satancross inside?

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 11:08 PM

Now we finally know!  Is that the back of Kinnikumangureto's sealed M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Pack with the Satancross inside?

i'm going out on a limb and saying, "yes that is the back of the sealed satan cross 4 pack."

but that is some pretty smart reasoning johnny. you one of dem der college fellas? :D

#4 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:09 AM

Good gravy! So in theory he would be as common as any other M.U.S.C.L.E. unless he was some sort of ghastly mistake. It raises all sorts of questions about him being available in the ten packs. i spotted him again on ebay but the auctioneer wont ship to the UK. Tis a cruel world.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#5 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:46 AM

hmm interesting. He may have just been produced less then others. It seems like there are some that there are just a ton of and some that are hard to come by.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:57 AM

Somewhere in the middle of the run, while they still had only pinks, they discontinued to poster offer on the back of the 4 packs, and so tyou had 4 packs with a blank spot on the back, where the poster offer was previously.

How can you tell that the 4-packs without the poster offer came after the ones with the poster offer? Is the copyright date different? I seem to remember that's the way it was when I collected them as a kid, but I was just curious if you actually have proof (which I would like to rely on rather than my faulty memory)...

So in theory he would be as common as any other M.U.S.C.L.E. unless he was some sort of ghastly mistake.

In theory, yes, but I think it's pretty well established that he isn't. It's apparent that he was introduced along with all the other MUSCLEs in the beginning of the line. I think that Mattel may have discontinued him early in the line since he needed another figure (the other legs and torso) to be "complete". Maybe that other figure would have caused alot of safety concerns, and Mattel decided to nix the whole Satan Cross idea altogether.

-Nathan

#7 kinnikumangureto

kinnikumangureto

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 07:44 AM

To answer your questions, I sent jkaris the scan of the back of my Satan Cross 4 pack, so it is the real deal.

I am not interested in trading or selling it at this time, so not be rude, but please do not email or PM me about doing so. Other questions are okay, I am proud of my find, and like to talk about it. Lets just say that someone made me a :angry: pretty farty offer today, and I just laughed. :) B)
-terry-man in a jump suit

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 07:54 AM

How can you tell that the 4-packs without the poster offer came after the ones with the poster offer? Is the copyright date different? I seem to remember that's the way it was when I collected them as a kid, but I was just curious if you actually have proof (which I would like to rely on rather than my faulty memory)...

All pink 4 packs- Some with poster offer
All pink 4-packs- Some without poster offer
Half and half 4 packs (2 pink/2 colored) Never seen one with poster offer.
All colored 4 packs - No poster offer.

Thus, my reasoning.

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:13 AM

Hm! Seems to make sense.

So where did the colored MUSCLE posters come from, if there was no offer on the 4-packs of the colored ones? Maybe there was an offer on the back of the colored 28-packs. Or, maybe they were sent out to some people instead of the flesh poster before the multi-colors were released, to prime the market.

-Nathan

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:14 AM

You got me there. I have no clue on that one.

#11 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:49 AM

Has anyone ever contacted mattel to find out the story behind him?

#12 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:15 AM

Would anybody at Mattel actually know anything about the MUSCLE toyline nowadays? I mean, the toy line came out 17 years ago, and it was only successful for two or three years. I wonder if they keep detailed information about toylines that long, much less a relatively "flash-in-the-pan" toyline like MUSCLE.

How would we contact Mattel in the first place? I remember Darrin did a while back...

-Nathan

PS- 17 years... break out the walker, guys....

#13 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 06 August 2002 - 12:05 PM

Damn, we are old. :)

#14 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 01:06 PM

All pink 4 packs- Some with poster offer
All pink 4-packs- Some without poster offer
Half and half 4 packs (2 pink/2 colored) Never seen one with poster offer.
All colored 4 packs - No poster offer.

hey gang,
the half pink - half colored packs i recently got all have a poster offer on the back of them. says that the offer expires december 31, 1986.

so either the colors weren't released late in the series OR the just used extra blisters they had laying aorund when they released the colored figures and knew no one would order the poster because the date had already passed....

hope this doesn't completely blow your theory....

#15 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 04:46 PM

hey gang,
the half pink - half colored packs i recently got all have a poster offer on the back of them. says that the offer expires december 31, 1986.

so either the colors weren't released late in the series OR the just used extra blisters they had laying aorund when they released the colored figures and knew no one would order the poster because the date had already passed....

hope this doesn't completely blow your theory....

Dammit,

More information to shatter a relatively good and logical theory about the poster offer on the M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Packs. WTF!!!

We need answers!!! The truth is out there!!! Someone from Mattel, READ THIS crap AND TELL US THE ANSWERS!!!

AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :)

:angry:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 06:27 PM

I am not interested in trading or selling it at this time, so not be rude, but please do not email or PM me about doing so. Other questions are okay, I am proud of my find, and like to talk about it. Lets just say that someone made me a B) pretty farty offer today, and I just laughed. :angry: B)

Farty offer?

Maybe I should have said that I would trade that M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Pack with the Satancross for, hmmm, let's see, a total of 4 Satancross figures?! :)

Less farty, I suppose? :huh:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 05:32 PM

Hmmm no matter now even if Satan Cross is just as available
as the others we will never be able to stop it's madness
but it was great to finally know just when he did come out apposed to what people just thought.

thanx for that johnny

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 11:26 PM

On a side note, the Canadian packaging did not have the poster offer. The 4 packs are identical, except for the poster offer, but the 28 packs have frenh writing along with english, and no poster offer.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com