29 replies to this topic

#1 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:50 AM

I'd like to document both Exogini and Cosmix on Toypedia. However, I don't own any figures or packaging. Is there any LRG members who would willing to provide nice pictures of Exogini or Cosmix figures in various colors and packaging? Let me know and I'll give you more details. I'll be sure to credit you for the images in the entry. Thanks.
Posted Image

#2 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

I have a decent collection of around 50 exogini, and was told some boots I thought were future men may be cosmix, I can try to get you some pics up this weekend.

#3 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

I have several packagings and figures, but I could ask to albertinoz, if it's ok for you, to use some of his photos from www.exogini.com

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Thanks. Another member did offer to take some pics, so I'll see what we can put together, and then if I need some more, I'll take you up on that offer. :) i definitely plan on providing a link to Albertinoz's site in any case.

Edited by Soupie, 19 June 2010 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

It's done! Whew. This one was a toughy. I sincerely hope this entry provides some simplified insight into this incredible toy line. Special thanks to Stunner76, Fuzzbuster, and albertinoz and his amazing web site!

Exogini @ Toypedia

Edited by Soupie, 21 July 2010 - 08:42 PM.

Posted Image

#6 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

Wow, awesome to see a good overview of Exogini written in English. Excellent work!

I have a bunch of photos to snap off of toys later this week, and I shall be sure to get you some pics of the few series 3 Exogini I have.

#7 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

Wow, awesome to see a good overview of Exogini written in English. Excellent work!

I have a bunch of photos to snap off of toys later this week, and I shall be sure to get you some pics of the few series 3 Exogini I have.

Thanks! And series three pics would be great! I couldn't find any anywhere.
Posted Image

#8 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

Wow that is awesome Soupie, I apologize for never getting those pics to you. Looks like Stunner's collection trumps mine anyways. Great pics.

#9 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

Wow that is awesome Soupie, I apologize for never getting those pics to you. Looks like Stunner's collection trumps mine anyways. Great pics.

Looks good soupie, i thought since matt hadnt been around for a while that the toypedia was on the backburner but this was a very nice read indeed.
What happened to the Cosmix entry is it still planned? I have a half decent collection and a little bit of information if you need any help.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#10 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

Yes, I did slow waaay down on Toypedia and collecting in general, but not necessarily because of Fitz. Though that hasn't helped. I definitely miss having him around. :woot:

Yes, I absolutely plan on getting a Cosmix entry done (and many others) but I've got another toy project to tackle next. Cheap Toys archive 2.0! :D

I'll definitely hit you up for Cosmix pics and info though.
Posted Image

#11 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

Great work, this is what Toypedia should be for, shining a light on those areas of collecting which remain a mystery to many.

I look forward to the Cosmix entry. Although you're probably going to need a Fistful of Aliens entry too now?
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#12 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

I look forward to the Cosmix entry. Although you're probably going to need a Fistful of Aliens entry too now?

Yep, haha.

Incidentally, I updated the entry with some additional information and clarifications. Thanks to nanoFatato for the assist!
Posted Image

#13 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

^5 man. great job! i did learn something too. i did not know what the four dots were for so this makes things click into place for me. i have a muscle version of satan cross keshi with just 3 dots and i did not know why just three instead of four

Edited by stoneyface, 22 July 2010 - 08:04 AM.

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é Ã£Â«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#14 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

^5 man. great job! i did learn something too. i did not know what the four dots were for so this makes things click into place for me. i have a muscle version of satan cross keshi with just 3 dots and i did not know why just three instead of four

Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean? I think the dots you're talking about are the ejector pin marks, but how did you come across that info in the Exogini entry/Toypedia?
Posted Image

#15 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean? I think the dots you're talking about are the ejector pin marks, but how did you come across that info in the Exogini entry/Toypedia?

sorry was commenting on not just your article but the kinkeshi article too. my bad. i somehow thought that you had contributed to the kinkeshi article as well. and yes i am talking about the ejector pin marks

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é Ã£Â«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#16 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

sorry was commenting on not just your article but the kinkeshi article too. my bad. i somehow thought that you had contributed to the kinkeshi article as well. and yes i am talking about the ejector pin marks

Ah, I see. You're talking about the 29th Anniversary figures! Sorry, I was a bit confuzzled. I thought perhaps you had found some info about ejector pin marks and Exogini on Exogini.com. :)
Posted Image

#17 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Looks great, informative and interesting!

#18 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

I thought about something earlier which you didnt really touch on in the article and maybe a few others might be able to shed some light on, but I thought that some certain colours were only available in certain countries and that Holland Orange differed from Italian and Greek Orange etc.
Didnt wanna confuse the whole thing but I thought it might be worth bringing up.
Oh and the flesh figures which I have which have a sticky feel to them.

Edited by Aikola, 22 July 2010 - 12:35 PM.

Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

I thought about something earlier which you didnt really touch on in the article and maybe a few others might be able to shed some light on, but I thought that some certain colours were only available in certain countries and that Holland Orange differed from Italian and Greek Orange etc.

No, that's a valid point, and I need more info. I believe that NanoFatato said that some of Stunner76 colors were actually Holland Exogini. :) I didn't find anything about that on Exogini.com.

Honestly, it's all pretty overwhelming. Basically, with Toypedia, I try to just give an informative, but brief, overview of a toy line so collectors know what they're dealing with. I probably won't investigate the Holland/Italian/Greek thing, but if some of you guys want to square things away here with pics and discussion, I'll gladly add any info or picks to the entry. ;)
Posted Image

#20 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

I lied. :lol: I did a little more digging on Exogini.com (man, that site is extensive! Albertinoz really outdid himself!) and found a section that addresses Holland figures. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a way to link directly to individual pages on the site because of the way it's set up, but here's what he had to say (translated to English):

In Holland puttinges in Exogini commerce came with our same transparent colors more the meat. Some are easy distinguibili as remarkablly more luminosity like is looked at from the photos.

Sounds like he saying they had the same colors, but more of the Peach/Flesh color and the translucent colors were brighter. Attached are some comparison pictures he had posted. The Holland figures are on the right in each picture.

With this in mind, I actually do think Stunner76's figures may be Italian Exogini after all.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#21 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:23 AM

Okay, just wanted to let those of you interested in this entry that I added info about Holland colors and the Exogini wrestling ring. :lol:
Posted Image

#22 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

Wow. Just awesome! :lol:

#23 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

Yep, haha.

Incidentally, I updated the entry with some additional information and clarifications. Thanks to nanoFatato for the assist!

you're welcome :lol:

keep in mind that in Greece has been found every color produced for every country, this means that in Greece there was a TON of colors available check this marvelous picture of greek exogini:
Attached File  exogreci.jpg   280.04K   39 downloads

I love to see all these colors at the same time! :lol:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

:wacko:

So which non-Cosmix colors were unique to Greece? I think I've got all the Italian and Holland colors covered. For the Greek colors, looks like there's some yellow. What else?

:thanks:
Posted Image

#25 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Good job on the write-up. This type of toy line is interesting, its also a bit confusing. From what colors to what country.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com