Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:26 AM

Here it is folks! My little breakdown of this coveted item.

Contents:

21x Weapon Packs 

2x Stripped Clear Carp w/weapon pack and catalog 

1x Maroon Charger

1 Slag King w/weapon

First let's cover the box. Made from a very solid cardboard, it has survived the years in pretty good shape. The best thing about it's construction is you can easily open/close this box without damaging the good inside or the box itself. There is writing on the main side, the ends are left blank. I have not been able to get a fully accurate translation tm.

Next the weapon packs. These came in a large clear baggie that was held together with a very small piece of tape. This allowed me to open it without damaging the main bag. Each weapon pack comes in a small baggie that has been stapled; to open the baggies means destroying the bags. From what I can see there are 2-3 different weapon pack varieties. So most of these are doubles of each other. Includes weapons from all three series.

The Stripped Clear Carp comes in the same style baggie (easily opened with a small piece of tape). Each carp comes with a baggie of 5 weapons that seem to be different from the varieties in the basic weapon backs. The catalog is a pretty cool piece as well. Clearly, the Stripped clear carp is legendary and doesn't need much written about it. What I did find odd was that the material that makes up the toy has a very slight sticky feel.

The Slag King/weapon are well known as well, and come with the Maroon Sled. I was very excited as this was my first time getting one of the "high 12" laser beasts. 

Overall I'm pretty happy. Wish there was more weapon variety in the packs, but I'm not going to complain. For me as a collector, it's bizarre to see these little guys and know they are now the highest end collectibles I have in my collection. 

Any questions let me know! 

Attached Files

Just a dude that loves collecting

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

This is coming from someone who doesn't collect BB/LB, so please bare with me. What is this exactly? Are the contents legit? Or are they re-issues? I'm also guessing the Clear Carp is a rare figure? I'v only read a little about Stone Cobra on here. 

Pretty cool non the less. Got my attention after all. Knowing a little about BB/LB line, this most likely cost a pretty penny if the stuff's legit. 

#3 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:20 PM

This is coming from someone who doesn't collect BB/LB, so please bare with me. What is this exactly? Are the contents legit? Or are they re-issues? I'm also guessing the Clear Carp is a rare figure? I'v only read a little about Stone Cobra on here. 

Pretty cool non the less. Got my attention after all. Knowing a little about BB/LB line, this most likely cost a pretty penny if the stuff's legit. 

This should answer your question for the most part: https://beastformers...ped-clear-carp/

But yeah its not a reissue unfortunately.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#4 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:35 PM

Thank you for that link. It's cool to read a bit of history of a line that I don't collect. Namely stuff that's rare. 

But why is it unfortunate that it's not a re-issue? The price I'm guessing? 

#5 Flashbax

Flashbax

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:40 PM

Thank you for that link. It's cool to read a bit of history of a line that I don't collect. Namely stuff that's rare. 

But why is it unfortunate that it's not a re-issue? The price I'm guessing? 

This was VERY spendy, I'll be 100% honest, I sent 4K for this set. Sold my entire D&D book collection to pay off some bills and buy this gem. 

Just a dude that loves collecting

#6 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:02 PM

This was VERY spendy, I'll be 100% honest, I sent 4K for this set. Sold my entire D&D book collection to pay off some bills and buy this gem.

Good investment in my opinion if you keep complete.They keep on increasing in price.And i have only seen one other for sale in the public market and that was atleast 5 years ago.It went for 2 k with blue drill.http://www.littlerub...88&hl=mandarake

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com