Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Free Sealed MUSCLE Can and Armorvor for new members.

• Please log in to reply
706 replies to this topic

#701 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

I stared at that post for close to an hour and kept debating whether to post it, because I didn't want to call anyone out

No, that's exactly what you wanted to do. Not only did you allegedly stare at your post for an hour but you took the time to count every vote that was made by myself and Jeremy over 28 pages of content. If you didn't want to call anybody out, you simply wouldn't have. I'm not defending my double-posting, intentional or not, but don't pretend like you just accidentially stumbled into this information and just wanted to kindly throw it up in the air for people.

But as I said, I have no intention in trying to tarnish you guys' reputations

Funny, because you made sure to start your essay off with, "Congratulations to the rightful winners!" Implying that Jeremy and I are not rightful winners. Secondly, you also flat-out state that our double-posts are a slight against Doctor Dew's generosity and every person who participated in this thread. How on Earth would that not tarnish our reputations?

Like Jeremy and I said before, this isn't worth losing integrity or our reputations. I apologize to every person who I may have offended in this thread.

Edited by Draznar, 03 August 2013 - 05:20 AM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#702 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

It's Doctor Dew's contest, so it's up to him how strict he wants to be about the one post a day rule or, indeed, any of the rules. It is, after all, his toys he's giving away.

A few things I would note:

1) Whether a post is a double post or not will depend on time zones. This will apply to probably more than 90% of the double posts.

2) It would have been a good idea if any concerns had been raised earlier. This was a three month contest; waiting until it's done and dusted and the winners decided before kicking up a stink smacks of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, bought a plane ticket and emigrated.

3) How god damn depressing is it that you can't even give toys away now without it causing controversy?

Also, can I add that b00sted must merit some kind of prize for post #217.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#703 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

I had to go back and look at post #217 and I am very glad I did hahaha. 

Just know whatever I end up with from this 3 month long contest it is going to my two and a half yr old son and he is going to love the shit out of it. so all my posts were well worth it so thank you for the contest <3

Posted Image

#704 Mollusk

Mollusk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Strontium Dog, thanks for the input. I had considered you first two points before saying anything. 

Regarding 1): I considered this, for sure, particularly with Jeremy. He often said he was working late shifts and most of his double-posts came in within two hours of midnight. Understandable. That could account for a couple of the double-posts if you say, plugged in a Pacific Time Zone, however, so only hold up under an Eastern Time Zone, and vice versa. But yes, I definitely considered this. Either way, it's definitely not 90 percent of them. 

Regarding 2): I have previously and privately mentioned concern to Doctor Dew, and it was also briefly mentioned in the thread, but got overlooked. 

I'm not defending my double-posting, intentional or not, but don't pretend like you just accidentially stumbled into this information and just wanted to kindly throw it up in the air for people.

Funny, because you made sure to start your essay off with, "Congratulations to the rightful winners!" Implying that Jeremy and I are not rightful winners. Secondly, you also flat-out state that our double-posts are a slight against Doctor Dew's generosity and every person who participated in this thread. How on Earth would that not tarnish our reputations?

Like Jeremy and I said before, this isn't worth losing integrity or our reputations. I apologize to every person who I may have offended in this thread.

In what way did I convey that I "accidentally stumbled upon" this information. I saw it happening throughout the thread and obviously went back to investigate...?

When I say "call someone out," I mean take a personal shot at them, not simply naming names. It's not as if my allegation is false. I'm not accusing you of dealing off the bottom of the deck after a fortuitous run across several poker games. I said you did something that's easily confirmed. It's not an attack on your character. It's simply, "Hey, this happened. Let's look at it." 

Moving on, you once again read something I didn't write. Where did I "flat-out state" that you double-posts are slights against Doctor Dew. "Flat-out," where is it? That's a little funny, because again, what I originally pointed out is easily checked and verified. It's concrete. But you've fired back with your interpretation of what I said and are labeling it with a damning "flat-out." 

As far as the "rightful" thing, well that's again your interpretation of words, but yes, maybe there's some word play there :) If you want to debate that issue as well, show me any contest where someone breaks the rules (intentional or not) and walks away having rightfully won. 

Lastly, I'll address your reputation. I don't know what reputation you've built up on LRG, but I assure you this isn't affecting it. As I said in my original post, I imagine most people will view this as petty, which is fine, because AS I'VE SAID I simply wanted to point out this issue for discussion. That said, I don't think anyone is going to look at ole Mollusk's posts and tread lightly with you in the future. Honestly, I'd be surprised if many people are reading this thread at this point. 

You quickly 180'd from your first humble, apologetic post to this accusatory tone. If you think I'm a loser for starting all of this, just say so. All I did was point something you did and made ZERO suggestion of your character nor any consequence of the situation. That's the fact, and you can re-read my posts to verify it, Draznar. 

Edited by Mollusk, 03 August 2013 - 09:01 AM.

I'm looking for Street Fighter Keshi! PM me if you've got any!

#705 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Wow.

My reason for saying to only post once a day was an afterthought and less about strict rules and more about keeping this thread from getting gigantic. It already ended up being bigger then I first imagined, hence me adding two more prizes.

After I posted that the contest was over Mollusk did PM me (I suppose the horses were already on their way to the glue factory by then) and named no names but suggested that some people had posted more than once a day and I should maybe check into it so there were no bad feelings. Since I hadn't considered that happening enough to be a problem and "bad feelings" were basically the complete opposite of what this giveaway was supposed to be about, I took some time and scrolled through all of the posts all at once. Two people stood out as posting multiple times in a day (one of them came and went so quickly they are now banned), but everyone else seemed to be sticking to the rules – though I was mainly concerned with the winners.

The only winner that I noticed doing that was one time Jeremy posted the same thing twice in the same day. But he didn't post the previous day so I presumed it was unintentional. That was it, based on the time stamps I saw. So yes, technically Jeremy did post twice in the same day. But to me it was clearly not malicious and I don't think it was a big deal.

I think time zones are the problem here. I just went to the first page Mollusk mentioned (page 8) and I show Jeremy posting at 5/26 9:02AM, 5/27 1:19AM and 5/28 11:31AM, clearly within the rules.

Since that first example wasn’t valid, I am not going to go through and check every other page mentioned because I have already looked at every page once. And as much as I enjoy the randomness and learning about Magic the Gathering, I’ve got other things to do. Not important things of course, just “otherâ€￾. :)

I get where Mollusk was coming from and his frustration is understandable – I don’t fault him for bringing it up to me. I imagine I might feel the same way if I was in his shoes/sneakers/boots/flip flops/clogs. But now that I’ve double checked, hopefully we can move on.

So the winners will remain the winners.

Since this is my thread, my rules and my interpretation of the rules – I want to make it clear that all remaining hurt feelings and unpleasantness should be directed towards me and my decision and not towards Mollusk or Jeremy or Draznar or the other winners or LRG.

3) How god damn depressing is it that you can't even give toys away now without it causing controversy?

Very. I am wearing my sad pants.

Edited by Doctor Dew, 06 August 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#706 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Cat_Fight_Round_One.jpg

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#707 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thanks again for the awesome contest and look forward to your PM and lets remember we need more hugs in the world.. if not..

original.gif

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com