• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Showcase #26: Kinnikuman Amada Mini-Kinkeshi/Amada Daishi

A couple of weeks ago on the boards I noticed the Amada Kinkeshi brought up and it peaked my interest. Yet another collection/set I was not aware of! It sort of lead me through the "rabbit hole" (hahaha). I acquired some when I bought lots of Deka and sold them (I regret that now!); I try to collect one piece/collection at a time.

Amada is a company name that had a license to the Kinnikuman characters. They are smaller than regular Kinkeshi (but not always) and the gashapon price was for 20 yen!!!

Already a discussion topic in 2011 here at LRG: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=37951

Also discussed on LRG in 2015 with pictures in an attempt to provide an archive: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=227423

If you check out the famous first issue of REX Magazine 2008 they talk about the Amada Kinkeshi and give it a spread of 6 pages. According to the magazine it had 10 parts total (so 100 figures total but a ton more if you count the color variations).

These Keshi pop up in the wild quite often and as I understand it they are officially licensed.

I own 2 Daishi (one with the Kinkeshi and one without) but I wonder why Part "7" is the only part I find information for online (especially images).

I have yet to find a complete checklist online or even how to tell which are Amada/distinguishable traits (some you can tell by the rubber sculpts and something I call peeling around the mold). But often I confuse them with Poppy Kinkeshi...

Japanese Link: http://blog.livedoor...1026582196.html

Japanese Link: http://www.din.or.jp.../kin_amada.html

Due to my OCD, I would like something more than just a picture archive but also a checklist of some kind.

Since I could not find a checklist for Amada Kinkeshi/Mini Kinkeshi; I decided to make one for myself to keep track of what I own in my own collection.

I am still not finished so this is Version 1.... but I will be updating it as soon as I get new Mini Kinkeshi (right now I still have about 60 + to catalog).

Please feel free to use it within the community :)

My CPU skills are lacking unfortunately so its pretty basic/rudimentary, my criteria for what I catalogued:

1-Only Mini KInkeshi with the marking:  © YS.N.T with a circled P underneath (the two dots being key); so no bootlegs (although some Pachi/bootlegs look identical to the original Mini Kinkeshi sculpts but if they do not have the mark I wont count them).

2-I used the Kinnikuman Mattel MUSCLE names since most (at least in America) are familiar with those names. In the cases the sculpt was not in the Mattel line, I used the Japanese name (feel free to make corrections etc)

3-All the pictures I used I took (front & back)

I always liked the MUSCLE and Deka checklist made by Terry Mead in cooperation with other LRG members and that was kinda the inspiration.

The Mini Kinkeshi popped up in many places besides the usual Gashapon machines (back then only 20 yen). Which makes it even more complicated and difficult to track.

I have seen legit sculpts in Flesh, Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Emerald & Pink (by legit I mean with the marking).

Some even came in the Muscle Fighter Deka sets & other Kinnikuman toy sets as extras.

I have a Part 7 Daishi which like I mentioned before meant that the Mini Kinkeshi from this "Part" could be acquired from Gashapon machines but I have seen a Part 6 and maybe a Part 4 Daishi somewhere online.

They also had two boxed sets and packs with uncut trees (the boxed sets had them in a clear plastic bag while the other boxed set had them in individual envelopes).

I consider the Mini Kinkeshi "Super Rare's" as part of this line and in total I am guessing there's at least over 500 + Mini Kinkeshi (counting all the colors).

Through yahoojapan and a contact I made during my last trip to Japan am just collecting/buying anything I consider Amada/Popy MIni Kinkeshi.

But this is gonna be hard without some help :)

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 31 December 2017 - 10:50 AM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

I acquired a lot of doubles in my search for Amada Mini Kinkeshi.

So I put some of the doubles in individual bags and vending machine capsules.

I used the two Daishis I already owned and two old gumball machines (flea market finds) and for now that's were they will be stored.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 30 December 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

"Party Time" Kinnikuman! You might recognize the suit from the ending credits of the anime :)

Attached Files

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

An interesting Neptune Man sculpt; I once saw this sculpt (the pink one) in a lot on yahoojapan and the Japanese seller described it as "rare" but I don't know for sure since I know so little about the Amada line (I know the VTR and Mammoth Man sculpts etc are premium Keshi; I saw the thinner & smaller VTR sculpt for sale during my last Japan trip for a pretty penny)

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   68K   1 downloads

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

Some more Kinnikuman sculpts (even with a championship belt)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   71.92K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   72.26K   1 downloads

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

Some cool Kinkotsuman sculpts along with other Kinkeshi and another Kinnikuman sculpt (wearing a Spartan skirt of sorts)

Attached Files

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

Some more and overview!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   84.21K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   80.26K   1 downloads

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:45 AM

Here I have some Yellow & Flesh sculpts that I am not sure about (in terms of being bootleg or not).

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   79.8K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   82.39K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   126.85K   2 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 25 September 2017 - 01:46 AM.

#9 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

These have the same markings as Poppy keshi which makes it more difficult to figure out. I have 100+ sculpts with that marking but cannot tell the two lines apart..

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

I just call these all mini kinkeshi, or popy minis. They are almost always mixed together in lots.

Amanda released regular sized figures as well that I actually call Amanda kinkeshi, since they look like they are part of the original 418 set but are unique.

#11 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

http://www.littlerub...c=227423&page=2

I wanted to link this thread in hopes that progress on the checklist can progress

#12 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

I just call these all mini kinkeshi, or popy minis. They are almost always mixed together in lots.

Amanda released regular sized figures as well that I actually call Amanda kinkeshi, since they look like they are part of the original 418 set but are unique.

Where do the 16 Wanted Supermen fall into (Trainmman, VTR & Mammoth Man etc)?

Are they also Amada or just bootlegs?

Edited by kayfabe1985, 30 December 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

Not sure who made the contest winning super rares, most likely Amada, but could be another outside party.

This is the Amada set I was talking about.

http://kinkesisamura...ti/35senti.html

Edited by Ericnilla, 30 September 2017 - 03:56 AM.

#14 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

Thank you for posting the link again (I had it saved at some point and lost it). I have 2 Japanese "Go-To" websites when it comes to checklists etc (I hope they never get taken down since both have not been updated in quite some time).

Random but I have at least 8 of the 19 in Flesh from the link (I acquired them in a bag of mixed Kinkeshi in Japan); I was wondering if they were Amada since they are 3.5 cm etc.

Question Answered!

Edited by kayfabe1985, 19 October 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#15 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

3.5cmシリーズ Mini-Kinkeshi

To further add to the Amada or Mini-Kinkeshi's already long list of variants and series; thanks to Eric Nilla I was able to cross out/identify some in my collection.

According to this link this particular set has 19:  http://kinkesisamura...ti/35senti.html

The Japanese text loosely translated reads like this:

"このシリーズは、同じアマダシリーズでも、通所のものよりズシッとしています。
日本地図の書いてあるキン肉マンは、プラネットマンとの対戦を再現したものであり、意外と人気があり、良く知られていますが、他のものは意外と知らない人も多いのではないでしょうか。
私も、キン肉マンは気に入っています。
アイアンコマンド、木木人の造形も好きですね。"

"This series is more frustrating than the regular ones even in the same Amada series.
The Kinnikuman that the Japanese map is written is a reproduction of the battle with Planet Man, it is surprisingly popular and well-known, but there are many people who do not know other things unexpectedly. I like Kinnikuman as well. Iron command, I also like the shaping of trees."

I have 8 in my collection but I have no idea were to put these in terms of release date but sooner or later they will be displayed alongside my other Kinkeshi because some of the sculpts are completely different and "original".

If anyone has more, please hit me up!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   71.69K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   84.82K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   83.77K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   87.14K   0 downloads

#16 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

The following Kinkeshi I acquired in a lot from Japan; it is a Mini Popy/Amada Kinkeshi. It has a clear YSNT marking on the back and the "P" for Popy. It is slightly smaller than the 3.5 in sculpts.

I saw a link in Japanese website about the Robot looking dude being a "Rare" but I think the person might be misinformed?

However I have never seen this character in Kinkeshi/Keshigomu form besides Flesh & Green and outside the Mini Kinkeshi/Amada line (the character did appear in the Kinnikuman Manga).

I Found this article/blog from 2015 about the Robot Popy (the person confuses this with a Pachi): https://blogs.yahoo....8/16518002.html

Translated text using Google :

"Common, Pinchon style kin erase.

Everyone, even if I collect collection of kin magazines sometimes I will encounter this superman? Both hands are scissors, the face is a retro robot style. A mischievous design, everything is a mob.

There are two distinctive corners on the back. And, © Y - S.N.T stamp.

As for this meaning, was it "Yunitama Tamago - Shueisha company. Nippon Television. Toei" ... was it? To have this inscription is to remove the regular kin (no confidence w).

Well I guess this guy knew that it also appeared properly in the main part of "Kinnikuman"? Scene in which the superhumans are resuscitated with the light of the mask of the "coal of golden mask", the unified peace mask.

I'd like you to see the superhuman on the right, who is pleased with "ya-ya" and guts pose (?). Its characteristics are perfectly consistent.

· Three rounds of forehead.
· Mask shape
· Scissors on both hands
· Design of waist
· Horn of back

Kin eraser has been developed as a regular series like Greider or Silver Liki, but has not been circulated on the market, there are cases where Mobu Giants are circulating as genuine like this"

I wondered about the Amada Kinkeshi coming out before or after the vintage 418 Kinkeshi line?

I figured the Robot was Popy; in Mandarakes REX Magazine from 2008 they have this mini popy kinkeshi six page spread on 10 sculpts like VTR & Mammoth Man for example.

But the Robot doesn't fall under that category?

The world of Kinkeshi is so fascinating, the more I collect the more stuff I bump into :)

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 25 October 2017 - 01:11 AM.

#17 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

418 kinkeshi came out first

#18 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:51 AM

I recently got another Robot Mini-Kinkeshi sculpt in Green to go along with my Flesh sculpt.

I have seen him in Blue but I wonder if besides the Yellow & Red if he came in other colors like Pink or Emerald?

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   156.53K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   135.94K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   163.03K   0 downloads

#19 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

I have 1 or 2 pink popy keshi dudes, not him though. I'll have to remember to check to see if they have markings. I just remember that the sculpts matched ones I already had marked as popy.

Also, I have a transparent gummy one too that is a popy sculpt but is unmarked and a bit smaller. 

#20 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

That robot dude is pretty common, I have many of him. Cool sculpt And took me awhile to realize he was a popy mini

#21 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:25 PM

I wish a checklist was available for the entire Amada Mini Kinkeshi releases (boxes & the gashapon 20 yen releases that had the Super Rare sculpts) including the 3.5 cm Kinkeshi...gives me an idea.

#22 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

I have 1 or 2 pink popy keshi dudes, not him though. I'll have to remember to check to see if they have markings. I just remember that the sculpts matched ones I already had marked as popy.

Also, I have a transparent gummy one too that is a popy sculpt but is unmarked and a bit smaller. 

Its fascinating to see other legit colors released for the Mini-Kinkeshi line besides the main five with markings.

The same could be said about the regular Kinkeshi as well.

#23 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:31 PM

That robot dude is pretty common, I have many of him. Cool sculpt And took me awhile to realize he was a popy mini

Do you think he was more common a couple of years ago? because I search listings on yahoojapan daily (haha) and from almost 11,000 hits daily over 2 months I have only found him two times (the green one I bought that I saw in a lot and the blue one).

Of course I have only been actively searching for him in the last two months but I didn't see him pop up before. The flesh one I acquired in a lot from my last trip to Japan.

Edited by kayfabe1985, 08 December 2017 - 11:52 PM.

#24 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

Like Most kinkeshi he is usually in a lot instead of sold as a single.

#25 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

I really appreciated these two threads:

(2011): http://www.littlerub...showtopic=37951

(2015): http://www.littlerub...howtopic=227423

Due to my OCD, I would like something more than just a picture archive but also a checklist of some kind.

Since I could not find a checklist for Amada Kinkeshi/Mini Kinkeshi; I decided to make one for myself to keep track of what I own in my own collection.

I am still not finished so this is Version 1.... but I will be updating it as soon as I get new Mini Kinkeshi (right now I still have about 60 + to catalog).

Please feel free to use it within the community :)

I had to convert the quality because of the pictures (if you need better quality contact me)

My CPU skills are lacking unfortunately so its pretty basic/rudimentary, my criteria for what I catalogued:

1-Only Mini KInkeshi with the marking:  © YS.N.T with a circled P underneath (the two dots being key); so no bootlegs (although some Pachi/bootlegs look identical to the original Mini Kinkeshi sculpts but if they do not have the mark I wont count them).

2-I used the Kinnikuman Mattel MUSCLE names since most (at least in America) are familiar with those names. In the cases the sculpt was not in the Mattel line, I used the Japanese name (feel free to make corrections etc)

3-All the pictures I used I took (front & back)

I always liked the MUSCLE and Deka checklist made by Terry Mead in cooperation with other LRG members and that was kinda the inspiration.

The Mini Kinkeshi popped up in many places besides the usual Gashapon machines (back then only 20 yen). Which makes it even more complicated and difficult to track.

I have seen legit sculpts in Flesh, Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Emerald & Pink (by legit I mean with the marking).

Some even came in the Muscle Fighter Deka sets & other Kinnikuman toy sets as extras.

I have a Part 7 Daishi which like I mentioned before meant that the Mini Kinkeshi from this "Part" could be acquired from Gashapon machines but I have seen a Part 6 and maybe a Part 4 Daishi somewhere online.

But maybe the other parts had a different release besides the Gashapon machines...

They also had two boxed sets and packs with uncut trees (the boxed sets had them in a clear plastic bag while the other boxed set had them in individual envelopes).

I consider the Mini Kinkeshi "Super Rare's" as part of this line and in total I am guessing there's at least over 300 + Mini Kinkeshi (counting all the colors).

Through yahoojapan and a contact I made during my last trip to Japan am just collecting/buying anything I consider Amada/Popy MIni Kinkeshi.

But this is gonna be hard without some help :)

I am putting my extras for sale but if anyone has anything not seen in the checklist and is open to selling please drop me a line!

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 31 December 2017 - 10:47 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com