5 replies to this topic

#1 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on any other toy lines of similar size/"look" that I might be able to splice into some new battle beast customs. I've spliced in several sets of Russian zverobots and thought they came out great. I now have a small mechwarrior lot I'm playing around with. Some arms and weapons might work.

I was considering trying some warhammer 40k figures, but I'm not certain of the sizing. Any thoughts on this? On anything? Any other toy lines? How many will be too many battle beast customs?

#2 mikefromottawa

mikefromottawa

Toy Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Collectibles, Audio/Video, Finance, Whiskey, Gardening, Gaming, Following my wife while she shops

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Although these are expensive at retail, I have found some at thrift stores and some of the smaller animals are well proportioned to Battle Beasts.

https://www.schleich-s.com/en/CA/

My Collection:

https://www.flickr.c...157669505016491

#3 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

Thanks Mike!  Been stockpiling a bunch of warhammer 40k bits.  Tyranid beasts anyone?  Cat brigade with terminator arms?

#4 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

Z bots should work well!

I have a huge bag of busted/stained stuff from a bunch of different lines of figs. Let me know if you're interested, might be something you can work with in there

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#5 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

You know I have a bunch too. Haven't been able to get them to work... yet. Thanks sydot!

#6 mikefromottawa

mikefromottawa

Toy Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Collectibles, Audio/Video, Finance, Whiskey, Gardening, Gaming, Following my wife while she shops

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

I know you specialize in figures and I tried to get this done myself, but I really think a few nice playsets would be great to see.  Even just as backdrops to your figures. I have the beetle set myself and I don't like it nearly as much as the Gorilla mountain Playset I posted a while back. This is a Lion King set I bought recently and would love to see it redone with a little BB style added. 

Attached Files

My Collection:

https://www.flickr.c...157669505016491

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com