Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Buyee/Yahoo Japan Auctions

Buyee Yahoo Japan Auctions

Best Answer kayfabe1985 , 18 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

I use Buyee only and I find it quite practical (I have been using it since 2015).

No bad experiences so far and I find it quite cheap (I have only tried one other proxy bidding service: From Japan and I thought that sucked).

Usually the commision fee they charge you is 500 yen + domestic shipping from seller to Buyee + Shipping from Buyee to you.

They offer up to 6 different types of shipping methods (I have done them all haha I find AIR SP & SAL the cheapest; if its something really heavy then Seamail is your best bet but it takes 60 days).

If you buy something that is more expensive then the commison is more.

After you buy something and it arrives at their warehouse they store it for 30 days for free (after that they charge you per day up to 60 days) and sometimes sellers pay the domestic shipping so you only end up paying the shipping from Japan to you.

Its definitely reliable and trustworthy (they also offer insurance but its not mandatory etc I always opted for no insurance when buying/shipping and have not had a problem with lost packages or anything like that in over 2 years)

But I base my experiences in Euros (the Euro is usually pretty strong and I get more bang for my buck with the exchange rate etc)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Has anybody here bid on items on Buyee/Yahoo Japan auctions? If so, what was your experience? Is it reliable and trustworthy?

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

I've never used buyee, but I hear it's one of the more expensive proxy bidding services

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:49 AM   Best Answer

I use Buyee only and I find it quite practical (I have been using it since 2015).

No bad experiences so far and I find it quite cheap (I have only tried one other proxy bidding service: From Japan and I thought that sucked).

Usually the commision fee they charge you is 500 yen + domestic shipping from seller to Buyee + Shipping from Buyee to you.

They offer up to 6 different types of shipping methods (I have done them all haha I find AIR SP & SAL the cheapest; if its something really heavy then Seamail is your best bet but it takes 60 days).

If you buy something that is more expensive then the commison is more.

After you buy something and it arrives at their warehouse they store it for 30 days for free (after that they charge you per day up to 60 days) and sometimes sellers pay the domestic shipping so you only end up paying the shipping from Japan to you.

Its definitely reliable and trustworthy (they also offer insurance but its not mandatory etc I always opted for no insurance when buying/shipping and have not had a problem with lost packages or anything like that in over 2 years)

But I base my experiences in Euros (the Euro is usually pretty strong and I get more bang for my buck with the exchange rate etc)

Edited by kayfabe1985, 18 September 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#4 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

:thanks: for the lowdown kayfabe, I just might give it a try. There's some pretty cool and unique items I saw over there, and some pretty good prices too :)

#5 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

I thought about using Buyee to get some of the Spice Seed Kinnikuman statues but my past experiences with Yahoo.jp and Cresent shop weren't on the cost effective side since I would basically pay 2-3X the price of the winning item. If anyone knows of a place where I can get spice seed Kinnikuman statues for cheaper then I'm all ears.

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

I thought about using Buyee to get some of the Spice Seed Kinnikuman statues but my past experiences with Yahoo.jp and Cresent shop weren't on the cost effective side since I would basically pay 2-3X the price of the winning item. If anyone knows of a place where I can get spice seed Kinnikuman statues for cheaper then I'm all ears.

That's pretty much the average, it's not cheap, but it's the only way to get certain items.

#7 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

True but if I can I would rather buy from MaNDaRaKe or AmiAmi (like I have been with my CCPs) since I don't have to pay through the nose. Is anyone here collecting either CCPs or Spice Seed Kinnikuman statues?

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#8 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

Yeah it's always easier and cheaper when you can buy from a website that actually ships International and you don't have to use a proxy. But then again Mandarake is known as a reseller and some items are greatly overpriced. Haha.

I have a few CCP mostly just ashuraman.

Edited by Ericnilla, 25 September 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#9 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, Mandarake isn't always the cheapest but they do things like piece together full sets of things that would otherwise be difficult to assemble.

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Buyee, Yahoo Japan, Auctions

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com