#52 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

Oddly enough, horse, and dog are two of the few things that I haven't eaten, although I would have no objection to trying either.

Growing up in a low income family, I grew up hunting, and fishing, and have eaten (or attempted to eat) a great number of critters that might be considered outside of the "norm". My dad is big on "If you kill it, you gotta eat it".

Except "varmits" that prey on livestock. No eating opossums, coyotes, crows, or skunks, unless of course you are starving. Then anything goes.

Raccoons, rattlesnakes, bobcat, beaver, snapping turtle, frog, and many others are all good, if prepared right. As are deer, rabbits, squirrel, duck, turkey, quail, and all the more traditional game animals.

Groundhog, however, IS NOT GOOD!  Stinks like ass, when you try and cook it. Stay away!

I have eaten bear, buffalo, emu, ostrich,and alligator as well, although I actually bought their meat.

All are good.

You are a goddamn champion.

I've eaten deer, pig, chicken, cow and tried a few different kinds of fish, (all of which I hated).

Kitties are like 20% cooler than babies.

I can confirm that babies don't follow instructions. My oldest is six and still has a hard time putting her goddamn clothes in the laundry hamper.

well, what's important is that the animal is killed efficiently, and humanely

I want to taste it's suffering. Stop leeching the flavour from my meat, PETA.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#53 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

Interesting thread.  I've ate some unique stuff in Japan.  The city where my wife is from (kumamoto), raw horse is actually considered a delicacy.  I've also eaten whale, puffer fish, raw pork while I was there.  Wasn't fond of whale, it had too fishy of a taste if that makes sense.  Kind of like eel.  I don't like a strong fish taste.  Puffer fish was good, real mild fish taste.

#54 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Interesting thread.  I've ate some unique stuff in Japan.  The city where my wife is from (kumamoto), raw horse is actually considered a delicacy.  I've also eaten whale, puffer fish, raw pork while I was there.  Wasn't fond of whale, it had too fishy of a taste if that makes sense.  Kind of like eel.  I don't like a strong fish taste.  Puffer fish was good, real mild fish taste.

Sounds delicious(not sure for the raw pork though) but for the fishies, hell yeah. I havent eaten too many exotic fish around here but ive tried basicly everything wich can be found on our thousands of lakes and rivers. Fish themselves here arent very strong in their own taste so theyre often prepared by salti.g or preserving in a can with vinegar and spices.

Im not sure if i get what you mean with very fishy flavour.. you mean the fish is very strong by its own flavour or like just basic very strong fish taste associated with salted and "rotte""d fish(or the basic smell of fish)?

And boy that whale sounds seemingly an interesting experience to try on. I didnt expect whale to be a stron tastin fish though... But still would give it a shot what might not be easy cause it appears to be delicazy almost everywhere.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Food, Steak

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com