• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:48 AM

Opening 2 Sealed Muscle Trash Cans

So as a kid I never had the chance to buy the MUSCLE trash cans. My Dad bought me a 28 pack as a kid from a Woolworth which still exists in some parts of Europe. Also interestingly enough and unrelated, I also owned a Bootleg Ninja Mites 28 pack from a local Chicago dollar store.

A couple of months ago I acquired 2 sealed cans (1 color & one mixed). As I started to pursue my goal of completing my version of full mixed sets I got down to the last figures I needed to complete respective sets etc.

I kept looking at the sealed trash cans under my lamp to try and decipher what was inside. This was awesome because it reminded me of that childhood sense of buying something and not knowing but hoping you got something cool or you didn’t own in your collection.

Eventually I contemplated opening them! I am a collector and not a reseller (I will sell my doubles and stuff I don’t collect if it ends up in lots I buy though). But I also don’t like the idea of having stuff around mint and not really enjoying them.

So I said: “eff it”

It might be blasphemy to some but I decided to open them because to me it was one of those “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” in terms of what something is worth. I didn’t pay much for them and I didn’t expect what was inside to be rare (I am aware that a sealed can of that type is probably “worth more” but again the amount is subjective in my opinion a la class A, B, C figures etc).

Often with collecting if I want something I often just get it. At that particular time it’s worth whatever amount to me if its missing from my collection, of course am not going to buy something unreasonably priced (again that being subjective since reasonable is very different to different people).

To me a can is reasonable for $50-$70 depending on shipping since I live in Germany ($100 for 1 can seems unreasonable) but thats my opinion.

I was also curious to see what was inside and just the act of opening a sealed can alone was a fun endeavor.

So I opened the mixed can first and what I found was interesting and not because I found a rare figure but because I got 6 color figures and 4 flesh (am sure if I dig through the old UofMuscle files I can find an explanation for this).

The second can was all color so nothing shocking but that plastic smell…like smelling fresh copies from a Xerox machine!

These pictures are from the mixed can :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   132.22K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   125.21K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   84.75K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   84.43K   3 downloads

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:54 AM

These pictures are from the all color can :)

What was interesting about this was #116 had a funky discoloration on the head (kinda like war paint)

Attached Files

• Attached File  5.jpg   105.39K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   126.74K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  7.jpg   100.28K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  8.jpg   88.81K   2 downloads

#3 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

That must be very exciting to open a sealed can.
To do the forbidden :)

#4 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

$100 for a whiff of 30 year sealed can of MUSCLE. Well worth it.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com