36 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

WELCOME here are some pics of my PERSONAL COLLECTION.

Posted Image
Customized BB Rabbit by PlasticPlayhouse according to my Avatar

After having spammed the board with loads of photo's from some of my figs I think its time to open my own Topic here showing some pics of my current and future collection status.

I'm still far away from my actuall display plan due to space and time but for now my own figs have a nice little vitrine in which everything fits perfectly as long as it lasts.

Attached File  BB Collection GJNL1.JPG   394.92K   232 downloadsAttached File  BB Collection GJNL.JPG   476.34K   276 downloads

And of course I keep working on building complete Series (1,2,3) and full sets of 75 BB because its always good to send a complete set out to new collectors instead of just selling some loose figs randomly.

Attached File  BB in rows.JPG   413.39K   217 downloads

I'll try to update this post once in a while and hopefully it'll finally result in a picture with the way I'd like to have my figs displayed someday.....

Edited by GJNL, 25 October 2012 - 05:14 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Black & White united

Got a great piece for my collection today which gave me the opportunity to take a pic of a White Japanese gumball and a Black Greek Pirate Lion.

Attached File  Black & White Pirate Lion.JPG   272.11K   48 downloadsAttached File  Black & White Pirate Lion1.JPG   300.18K   44 downloads

So this time its not a B&W shot :)

Would be nice to have an army like this, hmmmmmm...................

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Very nice collection? How many complete BB sets do you have?

#4 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Where did you snag the lion from?

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Very nice collection? How many complete BB sets do you have?

Thanks!

I have one complete BB set in near mint condition for myself which is part of my private collection.
Before I started collecting I decided to become a reseller as well since that would give me the chance to get my hands on loads of figures to be able to select only the best for my own collection. This worked out great so far and I've been able to help out many other collectors as well so far as I've been selling 3 complete 76 sets so far as well as several loose Serie (1,2,3) sets.

Recently I finished another complete 76 set again which can be seen as my shadow set for my own collection as its in almost the same condition.
With the current developments concerning the Beast Saga release I've decided to get this set boxed and stored until the time is right to get it out again. I've been spending quite some money to make some progress with the Laser Beasts so sometimes its also good if you can get some money back with selling complete sets as these also require some time and effort as it becomes much harder to find all the 76 figs with weapons in good condition. And it'll only get harder....
But that's the fun part of it as well.

Attached File  Complete 76 Collection boxed.JPG   479.67K   91 downloadsAttached File  Complete 76 Collection boxed1.JPG   453.4K   104 downloadsAttached File  Complete 76 Collection boxed2.JPG   489.01K   76 downloads

Where did you snag the lion from?

Promissed Dabbuu to give him a good home.
From all the Gummy's this one was really the one I wanted to own.

Edited by GJNL, 06 July 2012 - 10:53 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#6 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I like your 3 custom bunnies, are your willing to part with 1 xD
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#7 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

I like your 3 custom bunnies, are your willing to part with 1 xD

These are my 3 collection Guardians so I'm not willing to part with them, srry.
I had them customized according to my avatar a while ago and they turned out pretty nice, glad you like them.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image
Attached File  BB Display 1.JPG   637.6K   141 downloadsAttached File  BB Display 2.JPG   524.9K   138 downloadsAttached File  BB Display 3.JPG   524.24K   75 downloads

I wasn't expecting to be able to display my BB collection in the way I wanted it shortly but was lucky to bump into some great display in which I could place the individual BB boxes I wanted them in. Turned out one case was able to hold 77 cases in total so I could house the complete BB set of 76 figures. Tomorrow I'll put together the second display to setup my LB collection and variants,customs, others in the same way.

They idea with these invidual square transparent boxes, which also show their number and name (Japanese/English), is to give each figure a little more display space so their true design will come out the way they should in my opinion. Its more common to have the more tight side by side but in that case its to cropped for my feeling so I'm really happy to have found these.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#9 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Posted Image
Attached File  LB Display 1.JPG   427.14K   64 downloadsAttached File  LB Display 2.JPG   405.46K   64 downloadsAttached File  LB Display 4.JPG   409.56K   40 downloads

Managed to get the second display up today. This one is holding all the Laser Beasts and will probably also house the Variant figures in the future.

Due to the fact I didn't have more individual square cases like the BB I placed them in the vitrine loose which isn't bad either.
What do you all think about the best way to display them, with or without the extra individual case?

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#10 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hey mate wow nice collection I was going to say that your BB looked very cramp. But after seeing those squere cases that you have displayed them in they look great. Love the name tags you have made for them.
Very cool mate.
I think the LB would look good like this aswell but I have to say they just don't look right to me without there sleds and shields lol.
It's like seeing Freddy without his glove. Or leather face without his chainsaw.
I know you hate the shields and chargers but they kind of look naked without them. Lets face it nobody wants to see a naked slag king!

Ha ha good work mate and I love the guardians.

#11 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Awesome display - museum quality, even. I'm not standing in your display space, but based on these pictures, I think the LBs need individual cases and tags like the LBs. It's such a cool idea and consistency would make it all the better.

#12 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Very nice display.

Museum Quality.

#13 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for the comments, I'm honored to hear about the museum quality ;)
Actually I really do see them as little pieces of art and if I'd had more space they would've come out even better but for now this is as good as it gets. I'll probably go order another 60+ of these transparent boxes to house my LB and variant figs in.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#14 organicbeets

organicbeets

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

impressive display, so much style. I like the loose LBS without the square boxes, and the BB look great in them... nice work.Posted Image

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Actually I really do see them as little pieces of art and if I'd had more space they would've come out even better but for now this is as good as it gets.

Beautiful collection man, and as other's have said the way you've displayed them would be right at home in a toy museum.

I really like those individual boxes and the choice to include the labels in katakana!. I have been looking for something similar for a while but the only option I've found are acryllic cases for signed baseballs; not small enough. I'm currently storing my collection in similar cases made for model cars, which fit about 16 beasts per case, but the result is the cluttered group that you mentioned.

Did you find those cases locally in NL or online somewhere?

#16 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Beautiful collection man, and as other's have said the way you've displayed them would be right at home in a toy museum.

I really like those individual boxes and the choice to include the labels in katakana!. I have been looking for something similar for a while but the only option I've found are acryllic cases for signed baseballs; not small enough. I'm currently storing my collection in similar cases made for model cars, which fit about 16 beasts per case, but the result is the cluttered group that you mentioned.

Did you find those cases locally in NL or online somewhere?

Thanks!

I've been looking for cases like these for a while until I noticed some of these displays related to the presentation/display of natural minerals and stones during some meeting. So in the end I ended up looking at a Dutch website/shop for natural minerals and stones selling these cases in a variety of sizes at about 1,50/2,00 euro each....... Which is a little pricey but they were just to perfect to ignore them as I'd realy wanted to get close to the museum quality that's been mentioned before by others as well so it looks like I did well. Not sure if its just overhere that they're being sold but I assume you might be able to find them on any continent if you just spread your view a little towards the natural mineral collectors.

Of topic as its been snowing out here for a while the last period I took a nice shot of one of the awesome custom figures PlasticPlayhouse made for me. A damaged Penguins was beautifully turned into a Atlantic Puffin, and he was posing well in the snowy conditions.
Posted Image

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#17 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

dude, your BB collection is impressive! i love the way you display them and agree with toxoviper that it is a collection of Museum Quality. love the puffin in the snow...so funny :)
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#18 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

May 1st, 2013

Beastformers.WordPress.com

Still a lot of work to do but its starting to look ok, not much news for you guys I suppose but its a great way to blog about the little Battle Animal figs.

Edited by GJNL, 01 May 2013 - 02:47 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#19 Tacobeard

Tacobeard

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Really cool!  I love those white rabbits.  I am envious of your complete sets.  I still have a long way to go.

#20 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

8911924048_f305e7660b_c.jpg

http://beastformers....st-saga/wave-1/

Edited by GJNL, 01 June 2013 - 04:24 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#21 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

The site is looking great. Good layout & information. The pics are good too, but as a true catalog of the figures, they're a little dark in my opinion. A soft light from above (in addition to light table glow below) would be great, but that would require reshooting your photographs.

I took a screenshot and brought the highlights up with a levels adjustment and did a standard sharpen and I think it's a large improvement. Something to think about. With an action set up, you could edit every one of your photos the same way (or better) with a few clicks.

Edited by Coelocanth, 01 June 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#22 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

The site is looking great. Good layout & information. The pics are good too, but as a true catalog of the figures, they're a little dark in my opinion. A soft light from above (in addition to light table glow below) would be great, but that would require reshooting your photographs.

I took a screenshot and brought the highlights up with a levels adjustment and did a standard sharpen and I think it's a large improvement. Something to think about. With an action set up, you could edit every one of your photos the same way (or better) with a few clicks.

Good point! I've actually been struggling a little with the lighting as the light table is causing some problems for the camera turning some pics a little more yellow while others are more white. And since I'd like to keep a certain unity in the background I had to pick a certain setting that would work well for both as well the bright colored figs as the more dark ones. But I'll have a look with the pics in photoshop again and see if I can rework them a little. Taking new photo's is no option as it takes quite a lot of time photographing them one by one like this.

Guess with a next update, sheduled as soon as I've managed to create some time to gather/check and add some new info to the blog, I'll be able to update the catalogues as well.  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#23 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Good point! I've actually been struggling a little with the lighting as the light table is causing some problems for the camera turning some pics a little more yellow while others are more white. And since I'd like to keep a certain unity in the background I had to pick a certain setting that would work well for both as well the bright colored figs as the more dark ones.

I don't know what your kind of camera or setup you're using, but if you shoot in Camera RAW format, there's a really simple tool to correct your white balance and unify it across an entire batch of photos.

#24 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I've managed to edit the pictures so they'll be updated within the next week(s). Also got another few BS figs in which weren't in the catalogue yet so these will be updated as well. Still looking for a few figs to fill in the missing blanks so the catalogue will be completely up to date. Have a look at my wantlist in the Classifieds area.

Thanks

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#25 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

All pics in the Database have been succesfully upgraded, its indeed a great improvement.

Thanks for the comment!

before-after-bb-lion.jpg?w=470&h=234

before-after-bs-manta.jpg?w=470&h=234

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com