2 replies to this topic

#1 Key

Key

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:12 PM

Candelaman already had a thread, but it was made literally ten years ago and I'm unsire about necroposting, so I'll post my findings in a new thread.

The other thread opens with this nice collage:
candelaman.png
I'd love to know where that colored image comes from. I've been looking for info on this guy because I was curious as to how he's colored. He's a Perfect Chojin who appeared in the manga as part of the 1000 Perfect Chojin ready to invade Earth. According to the Kinnikuman wiki, his signature attack is "Diamond Dust".

So during my search, first I found what I think is an ad for the kinkeshi line he's from:
mini_8.jpg
Red stripes but no real infos. Then I found this wonderful page: https://ameblo.jp/19...mitted designs! It's really cool and I recommend giving it a look, proto-sunshine sure looks amazing. And better yet, it contains what I was looking for:
o0434045114617473156.jpg?caw=800
Rainbow colors, LCD on the forehead, plus the IX on the chest...
Candelaman's name is based on candela, a unit measuring light intensity. The LCD on his forehead comes from the old color liquid crystal display TVs, and the jump from crystal to diamond (for his special move) isn't very big. The IX on his chest is actually LX, the symbol of lux, an unit measuring luminosity. His rainbow appearance is because of the spectrum of light.

So this basically solves Candelaman for me. I'm also very curious as to whether or not he was featured in the recent Chojin Encyclopedia. If anyone has it, would it be possible to check and maybe show what he looks like in that? Anyway thank you for reading.

#2 timdrage

timdrage

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:13 AM

Red stripes but no real infos. Then I found this wonderful page: https://ameblo.jp/19...2536867381.html

It's about an issue of shonen jump featuring fan-submitted designs! It's really cool and I recommend giving it a look, proto-sunshine sure looks amazing. And better yet, it contains what I was looking for:

This is all so cool to see :) I like the coincidence that he's colour-spectrum themed and also is the only M.U.S.C.L.E. that exists in every official colour :D

the fact that he was a fan submitted design makes me regret never getting round to entering a similar competition that used to run in every issue of Battle Angel Alita: Last Order :(

#3 Mikespaintedminiatures

Mikespaintedminiatures

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All types of Plastic figures. Collector and Painter.

Posted 29 January 2022 - 04:40 PM

Attached File  IMG_8145 copy - Copy copy - Copy copy.jpg   88K   1 downloads

Mikes_LRG_Forum_BANNER_WEB.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com