#1 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hello friends,

Lately I've been soul searching about collecting MIMP. I decided to take the whole month of August off from buying MIMP and even looking on ebay for them, which has been the hardest!!! After week one, one thing is clear: I deffinately want to collect them. period. Basically, there are certain toys I have that is would disturb me to sell. I printed off different MIMP charts and info sheets and have highlighted certain sculpts I want to collect. So far there are 23 sculpts I REALLY like. So right now my MIMP collecting will consist of collecting JUST those 23 sculpts, and premiums and rares of ANY sculpt. So.....

What is MIMP's holy grail? Or, what are some MIMP dream toys? Or what about this...what is the highest known price paid for a MIMP? Any stats on the number of known rares? I love stats and lists! =) Anything on those lines would be much appreciated. I'm on a quest to discover the DEPTH of collecting MIMP, since hunting toys is the best part of collecting(to me)! Damn, wish I had started collecting MIMP much eariler!!! Looking forward to trading, selling to some of you guys with some MIMP in the future(and with Cheap Toys of course). Thanks! rusVan

#2 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

Well, I couldnt tell you which is the most rare MIMP but my holy grail item is #81 Blemmyae. He came out in 4 colors and was sold only with the Nintendo game. I have him in 2 of the 4 colors and would love to get the other 2. Now, I'm sure others could tell you of more rare figures but I'm not sure which is the MOST rare.

As for highest paid, I can only tell you what I've seen. I've seen a series 3 Leviathan figure sell for over $300 dollars, which in my opinion, is way too much to pay. But thats just like, MY opinion. Value changes from person to person, ya know?

Some items that people are always trying to get their hands on, "dream toys" if you will, might be like, the Monster Mountain, the board games, sealed premium figures, the had and fanny pack... stuff like that.

I'm not really into stats and I really only make lists of figures that I have personally so I cant really help you there. If you have a yahoo mail account, there is a yahoo group that is full of people who really know their stuff when it comes to MIMP. You should check that place out.

As for your collecting, let us know which figures you are looking to get and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here who would be willing to help you out.

#3 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

Another couple cool figures that I forgot to mention are the U.K. Cerberus and Ghost figures in the series 2 neon colors. I've been trying to get a couple of those for a while and think they are somewhat harder to come by as well.

#4 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:WARHAMMER !!!, BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU, MIMP, STAR WARS , SAINT SEIYA , AND ALL TIME BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD !!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Another couple cool figures that I forgot to mention are the U.K. Cerberus and Ghost figures in the series 2 neon colors. I've been trying to get a couple of those for a while and think they are somewhat harder to come by as well.

Also exist another very rare mimps , many collectors dont look for those figurines because are a little away from the original line , like any Secret Skeleton Dinos , late dinos , any series 4 unpainted , the Hardess Soft Rubber dinos , and many other >P
GW RLZ !!!!

#5 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:59 AM

whoa, Cerberus is one of my FAVS!!! Cool, I didn't know he came in those colors too. I have a GITD Cerberus coming in the mail(and a GITD ghost too, but I REALLY dislike that fig). Damn, it's like snail mail this summer though. ^_^

#6 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

Also exist another very rare mimps , many collectors dont look for those figurines because are a little away from the original line , like any Secret Skeleton Dinos , late dinos , any series 4 unpainted , the Hardess Soft Rubber dinos , and many other >P

That's what i've been hearing. i have 3 4 unpinted series 4. I keep seeing them in lots, so they must not all be rare.

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

I gave away several unpainted Series 4 guys to Malosavich simply because nobody ever expressed interest in them. Whatever rarity they may appear to have, they won't cost anything special to obtain.

#8 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

I gave away several unpainted Series 4 guys to Malosavich simply because nobody ever expressed interest in them. Whatever rarity they may appear to have, they won't cost anything special to obtain.

The unpainted Series 4 Mimps originate from a offer in a Uk newspaper where you cut out a coupon and sent it to Woolwworth for a figure not all figures where in these offers. They did this with alot of figure collections ones I rember geting was a Series 2 Colour Mimp 1 monster I Got Great Beast in Pink and those unpainted Series 4 Mimps. They also gave out metal pin badges a few times as well the last offer Woolworths did like this was a Poster for Godzilla 1998.

I Have a green Painted Shapeshifter Series 4 Mimp but its not Glow in the dark its just the regular Super Scary green and a Dark green Spring Heeled Jack are these rare?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:WARHAMMER !!!, BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU, MIMP, STAR WARS , SAINT SEIYA , AND ALL TIME BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD !!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

The unpainted Series 4 Mimps originate from a offer in a Uk newspaper where you cut out a coupon and sent it to Woolwworth for a figure not all figures where in these offers. They did this with alot of figure collections ones I rember geting was a Series 2 Colour Mimp 1 monster I Got Great Beast in Pink and those unpainted Series 4 Mimps. They also gave out metal pin badges a few times as well the last offer Woolworths did like this was a Poster for Godzilla 1998.

I Have a green Painted Shapeshifter Series 4 Mimp but its not Glow in the dark its just the regular Super Scary green and a Dark green Spring Heeled Jack are these rare?

Both are rare , but are more rare the spring :D
GW RLZ !!!!

#10 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

What is MIMP's holy grail? Or, what are some MIMP dream toys? Or what about this...what is the highest known price paid for a MIMP? Any stats on the number of known rares? I love stats and lists! =) Anything on those lines would be much appreciated. I'm on a quest to discover the DEPTH of collecting MIMP, since hunting toys is the best part of collecting(to me)! Damn, wish I had started collecting MIMP much eariler!!! Looking forward to trading, selling to some of you guys with some MIMP in the future(and with Cheap Toys of course). Thanks! rusVan

Series 3 figures spring immediatley to mind. You've probably heard of these guys: these figures were only released as promos in certain North American fast food chains, cereal boxes and #81 came exclusively with the Nintendo MIMP game etc. etc. There's 10 sculpts in this series that were never available commercially and they are very sought after by collectors. Even though they are technically not as rare as some other types of figures, they have developed a cult of rarity about them so even people that don't really collect MIMP will snap them up because they can command ludicrous amounts of money on eBay. And then within this series there are some figures that are rarer than others. The figures generally came in 4 colours: series 2 orange, cyan, magenta and an olive green that is slightly different to series 1 original green. There are yellow and dark purple figures that are rarer than the norm and these can go for crazy prices. And then there are even rarer series 3 that no-one seems to know if they really exist like hard plastic/soft plastic variations, slightly different shades of orange (a guy on the yahoo group has Anubis in 9 different colours(?!)), figures with backwards point value printed on etc. These are very expensive figures to collect though. Prices vary considerably but they generally sell on eBay for between 30-50 bucks each. If you love stats I could send you a list I compiled of prices paid for these figures over a period of several months. Highest price I witnessed was $102 for a green Centaur still in the packaging.

#11 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

Series 3 figures spring immediatley to mind. You've probably heard of these guys: these figures were only released as promos in certain North American fast food chains, cereal boxes and #81 came exclusively with the Nintendo MIMP game etc. etc. There's 10 sculpts in this series that were never available commercially and they are very sought after by collectors. Even though they are technically not as rare as some other types of figures, they have developed a cult of rarity about them so even people that don't really collect MIMP will snap them up because they can command ludicrous amounts of money on eBay. And then within this series there are some figures that are rarer than others. The figures generally came in 4 colours: series 2 orange, cyan, magenta and an olive green that is slightly different to series 1 original green. There are yellow and dark purple figures that are rarer than the norm and these can go for crazy prices. And then there are even rarer series 3 that no-one seems to know if they really exist like hard plastic/soft plastic variations, slightly different shades of orange (a guy on the yahoo group has Anubis in 9 different colours(?!)), figures with backwards point value printed on etc. These are very expensive figures to collect though. Prices vary considerably but they generally sell on eBay for between 30-50 bucks each. If you love stats I could send you a list I compiled of prices paid for these figures over a period of several months. Highest price I witnessed was $102 for a green Centaur still in the packaging.

that is exactly what I want to know, now we're talking, thanks. pm sent

#12 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

well I'm completely dazed and confused - been trying to straighten out the warehouse and found "pine green" griffin in the bottom of a junk box (in like new condition) been scratching my head all week

Attached Files

Edited by popculturizm, 29 September 2009 - 04:05 PM.

#13 RareBob

RareBob

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:MIMPS :) Series 1, 2 and 3

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

wow an orange T-Rex is that an official MEG version or an italian/ other variety one?

I reckon probably the rareist figure is a figure with a star on it's back instead of a number - however i have never seen nor heard anyone who has seen it.

#14 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

wow an orange T-Rex is that an official MEG version or an italian/ other variety one?

I reckon probably the rareist figure is a figure with a star on it's back instead of a number - however i have never seen nor heard anyone who has seen it.

what about that secret mystery monster?

#15 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:17 AM

what about that secret mystery monster?

Search this forum and the yahoo group discussions for extensive hypothesising on this particular figure. My opinion summarised: it doesn't exist.

#16 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:22 AM

Highest price I witnessed was $102 for a green Centaur still in the packaging.

Man, isn't this telling. After a couple of months hiatus I've resumed monitoring the prices paid for series 3 figures and the current prices seem to be way higher than those at the start of the year (Feb-Apr). I'd like to do a statistical analysis to see if there is a significant difference in prices but it seems pretty obvious that there is (but a scientist never trusts things that 'seem obvious' :rolleyes: ). In the last couple of months I've seen individual Orobas and a Siren (both loose) go for US $164!

#17 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:01 AM

Were these sold both together or seperately & from which country, the USA or Canada? because I only paid $109 USD for an orange Siren alone. Does that seem alot to you or not? :rolleyes:

#18 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:06 AM

Were these sold both together or seperately & from which country, the USA or Canada? because I only paid $109 USD for an orange Siren alone. Does that seem alot to you or not? :rolleyes:

These were two individual figures sold separately. Not sure where they were sold from, but I'm guessing North America somewhere. <$100 does seem like a lot for a Siren to me, but as I pointed out; prices for these figures seems to be increasing quite significantly. It could also be a factor of colour. I bought my green Siren in February for $32, yet a pink Siren in September goes for $164. It could be a factor of time, but I think it's coupled with the rarity of different colours.

#19 keywolf

keywolf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Looks like I picked a REALLY bad time to try and collect this series...

#20 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

These were two individual figures sold separately. Not sure where they were sold from, but I'm guessing North America somewhere. <$100 does seem like a lot for a Siren to me, but as I pointed out; prices for these figures seems to be increasing quite significantly. It could also be a factor of colour. I bought my green Siren in February for $32, yet a pink Siren in September goes for $164. It could be a factor of time, but I think it's coupled with the rarity of different colours.
[/quote]

$32 for a Siren, that works out at just under 20 quid!!! You're kiddin' me right?! <_<

What was the start price for this one and how many other folk actually placed bids, if any at all?

#21 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

$32 for a Siren, that works out at just under 20 quid!!! You're kiddin' me right?! ;)

What was the start price for this one and how many other folk actually placed bids, if any at all?

This was in auction where the seller hadn't correctly identified exactly what they had. I think I was alerted to it by a member of this forum actually and there were a few others placing bids. But seriously at the start of this year this wasn't an unheard of price to pay for a green Siren - cheap yes, but not crazy cheap. A couple of months later I got an orange Jimmy Squarefoot for US$ 26!

#22 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

Yeah I think I remember seeing that auction around Spring-time this year, and wasn't there an orange Centaur listed at the same time that you claimed to be somewhat 'crappy' as a sculpt. And I kind of agree (even though I own a pink one now) but that's only because of this one I saw which seemed to be a very 'washed-out' shade of orange. Same with the Jimmy Squarefoot but then again, who'd be dumb enough to nit-pick when you get one at that price?!

I know I certainly aren't.......... Or am I?
;)

#23 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:41 AM

No, you got a good price on that pink siren just now... $41 shipped... keep on doing that and you'll be fine ;)
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#24 keywolf

keywolf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:26 AM

No, you got a good price on that pink siren just now... $41 shipped... keep on doing that and you'll be fine ;)

Haha, how did you know that was me? Some sort of internet witch-craft?

#25 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

Haha, how did you know that was me? Some sort of internet witch-craft?

Special powers ;)

No, it's easy enough: I just did a search on all auctions I've bid on, saw who the winner was and since your eBay username is pretty close to your actual name, with the same location, I just put 2 and 2 together.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com