• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#51 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:44 AM

All the same though, Jesus is also a far more "risky" figure- you're probably not gonna get the "Christian" vote for producing one.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:01 PM

Well... personally... I would agfree with you, but then again... these are pretty much poorly made "Gag gift" type figures they only sell at novelty stores anyway.... to which, they suck by design. They're basically the equivillant of a cheesey movie made by independant film makers to get a laugh out of people, trying on purpose to make a lousy movie. Indee toy companies basically make thse things as jokes, and college kids by them for lord knows what reason.
Posted Image

#53 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

I bought a Sigmund Frued for my psychology professor. He has it in his office, and displays it proudly (even takes it with him when speaking:P)

#54 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:53 PM

Time for this topic to be revived again.

#55 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

Wow that were/are some pretty sad yoys

#56 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:20 PM

I now vote for Dr. Fate :fop:
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#57 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

Worst figure from my past: Battle Trolls big blue guy with sparking chest. He looked like a MotU figure with the 'troll' hairdo, and had a light-up chest... that stopped lighting up after ten uses of his 'power.' His legs were WORSE than a MotU figure, and his arms wern't cool and 'interchangable' as MotU's were.

Worst as a collector: Resarus Orgg figure. I want one. I want one REALLY EFFING BAD. REALLY REALLLY BAD... but I cannot find one. Not a single one on the 'net, via ordering, or ANYWHERE. I hates my precious Orgg figure. I hates it, I do!

(*I can't find an image of the figure. :fop: However, here's a sculpture that is similar to the designs showed off... [url=http://kim_sculptor.home.comcast.net/gallery/orgg.html])

Oh! I found a simi-decent picture of the figure in a lineup! It's the one in the middle...

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by theorgg, 13 May 2005 - 11:46 PM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#58 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:38 PM

see, you buy the librarian figure, so your dudley boyz figures have somebody to abuse. i mean, after they're done mutilating all of your wwe figs, they gotta unwind by hitting the "3-D" on some old librarian, through a burning table.

it's just nature.

#59 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

Boardest Gamer in the Land!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Toys and board games aplenty

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

For stupidity purposes, any of the WWF Maximum Sweat figures were pretty horrible, and with a pretty bad concept to boot. Look mom, my horribly disfigured Triple H figure is wet now! Cool!!!

And while the street sharks in general were stupid and utterly forgettable, when you turn one into a killer whale, give it an enormous pimply tongue and call it MOBY LICK, well then you've got one steaming pile of concept sitting right there on your TV. And when they eventually made the figure to correspond with this unfortunate character, they gave him a small nob on his head which makes his gross lumpy tongue twirl and pulsate like some sort of Spencer Gifts pleasure device. See a picture here: http://www.virtualto...reetsharks.html
"There's a fine line between sayings that make sense."

#60 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:13 AM

i actually thought the street sharks was a neat concept, when i was younger. i thought the cartoon was lacking not only in story, but in actually execution as well...
i had this hotwheels motorcycle thing, that had that moby lick guy as the driver, and i loved it... lost it... but loved it.
there's something about a killer whale eating the heads off of your army men that just can't be beat.

and knobs just suck. period.

#61 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

i B) street sharks

#62 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:57 AM

Street Sharks are one of those things you find cool as a child, but a lame knock off (obviously og TMNT) as an adult. I did recall wanting one or two, but I didn't seem to care.
Posted Image

#63 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:42 AM

does anybody remember the name of the hotwheels line that was motorcycles, and had a street shark rider, a cyberforce rider, and other licensed guys in tow?

#64 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:47 AM

I bought a Dr. Eggman action figure last year. Waste of 6 bucks. it deserves a nomination here!
Posted Image

#65 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:art, music, tarot, manga, culture, languages, cooking, supernatural

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

I now vote for Dr. Fate

Which one, though? He's had many made over the years, and personally he's a favorite of mine (or used to be when I still tended to read the big comic companies). The Super Powers figure was nice and pretty good, although the more recent fancy DC Direct figure has a bit of a drag queen look and a problem keeping his mask on. The JLU figure is quite good though, in my opinion. I was disappointed with the DC Direct one though, despite his multiple masks and so forth, because for some reason they decided to make his face look so weirdly made-up and furthermore only made the mask shiny, with the rest of his accessories not-shiny. Hmm.

As for my personal vote of most awful action figure, I'd have to say the first Riker produced by the Playmates series of Star Trek figures is probably one of the worst figures I ever owned. He's battle-damaged for some bizarre reason and rather unposable. Although Playmates figures were generally pretty good in terms of being solid and yet playable, and coming with a lot of neat accessories to boot (that usually the figures could actually hold and use, gasp and shock!), they did produce more than a few clunkers in the TMNT and Star Trek lines. Apparently the Deep Space Nine line wasn't quite as inspiring, and the Voyager line was just awful, which I can personally attest to.

I always loved He-Man and She-Ra and still do, to this day. However, there were a few bad figures in that bunch, too. Stridor was bad enough, barely posable with his legs and a very few other features posable. You could also barely fit any of the figures inside him to sit. Sadly some other figures had actually less articulation and managed to be more important characters though, like Battle Cat and Spirit/Swift Wind, which were basically just statues for the characters to try and ride. Good luck with She-Ra, because her legs didn't spread enough to really ride her horse, although perhaps this was a good idea on retrospect. At least Swiftie and Battle Cat were useful though, and you could transform them with the addition of a few accessories. Stridor though, good luck. The episode he appeared in was surprisingly quite good, although his inclusion seemed a bit tokenish, but it's really unlikely he could be worked into your play very smoothly. No matter how you did it, it would seem like he was a token inclusion again.

As an adult I've got more than my share of really bad toys though, and I think the DC Direct line is one of the biggest offenders. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so expensive, but some are just awful. Plenty of figures in the line are great, so it makes it even worse when one is a stinker. Unfortunately the Daniel figure is one of the worst in terms of playability I've ever seen, with almost no articulation and nothing really useful in terms of accessories. I'm not even a Sandman fan, but when I got the opportunity to actually play around with this figure, I thought 'what's the point?' It's one thing when you can't find points of articulation to include in a figure without destroying its design, but this was a case of them just not even trying. The sculpts of DC Direct are usually pretty good (but not always!), but the playability varies from very playable to not playable at all. I wish they'd implement some sort of quality control on that, because some people do still buy action figures to play with them! And there's no point in calling them action figures if you can't do anything with them, is there?
~ but that dream is your enemy ~ Kate Bush, 'Experiment IV'

#66 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:43 AM

Did someone say the "Charmed" figures yet? Cuz if they diodn't here ya go. No point in those, anyway. I mean... it's a subpar Buffy ripoff and nothing more. Pointless to make.
Posted Image

#67 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

jim lee's tmnt, and the god awful tmnt/star trek line.

#68 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

B.C. Bikers. If your my age you know em. :) They had this super cool Commercial with the theme song "B.C. Bikers!!!! Look OUT Their Coming Through!!!!" :cheeks: . They were flying off giant rocks and would land doing wheelies and stuff. They went to great links to misrepresent this very small line of four figures, and I fell for it 100%. Broke a few of the bikes as soon as I took them out of the package. The Dinosaur dudes were pretty cool, but the bikes weren't even made of model quality plastic. The bikes didn't last long at all! The only way the guys would even stay on them, was by this little peg on the bike seats. The pegs would stick into the holes in the bottom of their buttocks. I still have the dinosaurs somewhere, but I think I just threw away what was left of the bikes not to long ago. The bikes were pull back powered, though they wouldn't really stay up to well. They had these small training wheels that would wind up. All in all very lame toy. I managed to get a lot of play time out of the dino's, but there wasn't much you could do with them. I used to just pull them apart and put their limbs in the wrong sockets. They had decent paint jobs, but after a while the paint would start to rub off. Probably would make for good display now a days.

Here are some pics. It took me a while to find them. I'm suprised anyone else would remember or even know what they are.

http://i49.photobuck.../skids61140.jpg
http://i49.photobuck.../skids61130.jpg
http://i49.photobuck.../skids61120.jpg
http://i49.photobuck.../skids61110.jpg
http://i49.photobuck...456/Pstkids.jpg

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 22 April 2006 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#69 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:39 PM

Did someone say the "Charmed" figures yet?

I certainly wouldn't mind having a Melissa Milano or that Piper chick figure, as long as they were anatomically correct and fully poseable. :p :ulp:
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#70 The Ace

The Ace

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Hello everyone...Im a newb here so dont be too rough! Anyhow, Im a huge wrestling gan from way back in the early 80s when I was a kid. I was like 10 when M.U.S.C.L.E. hit the scene here and I was hooked! My friends and I use to have wrestling events with them all the time...made for many many hours of fun! Neptuneman (only took me 20 years to find out his name!) was my favorite and was my champion for the longest time...<br><br>Sadly, I grew up and my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection somehow vanished from the attic...now here I am years later ready to start collecting them again. Mind you Im not in it to collect them just cause they are collectible, but because these were a part of a great time in my childhood that I would like to have to relive memories past.<br><br>Cant wait to see pics of other collections and hear some stories.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

Hi folks, newbie here...but this thread caught my interest and figured I'd give a reply. I would think the all time worst action figure ever...any one of the Max Steel's Robo Force line!

Edited by The Ace, 17 October 2006 - 04:14 PM.

Always bet on The Ace! Oh yeah..and Neptuneman rules!

#71 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

I'm gonna ad the ENTIRE TMNT PAleo Patrol line (except Savanti Romero, of course). They just take up store shlef space... and to make matters worse? Those stupid Platic Dinos with saddles and stuff attatched to them... what the shell is that about?
Posted Image

#72 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:39 AM

BUMP!

Not an action figure, but these are the worst looking things I've ever seen in my life....

Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

Wow those Muppets are pretty bad. The Dark Woman from the Star Wars Comic packs is pretty bad.

#74 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

Pretty bad? These are the worst things I have ever seen. Kermit looks like they found him dead like 5 weeks too late.
Posted Image

#75 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:13 PM

Pretty bad? These are the worst things I have ever seen. Kermit looks like they found him dead like 5 weeks too late.

And Animal looks like a bad version of Yosimite Sam! :p

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com