116 replies to this topic

#51 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:02 PM

I am not even in to minecraft, but I had to have one of the burning zombies from series three. It reminds me of old monster game 8-bit nintendo sprites.

#52 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

I am not even in to minecraft, but I had to have one of the burning zombies from series three. It reminds me of old monster game 8-bit nintendo sprites.

I picked up that one, the Ghast and Skeleton Horse for myself too from series 3. I have about a dozen figures from the three series and I'm not into the game either, other than I like the music and I appreciate that it's a good game for kids to play.

#53 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

My daughter is going to flip. Her birthday is on Saturday, too, so that works out perfect.

You should have told me this a week ago! I could have sent out that package a little early as a birthday present!

God dangit.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#54 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

You should have told me this a week ago! I could have sent out that package a little early as a birthday present!

God dangit.

What package?

#55 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

What package?

The one I have that has a mix of stuff for the pair of you!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#56 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:42 AM

The one I have that has a mix of stuff for the pair of you!

Well, piss man, thank you!

#57 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

Anytime!

<p> </p>
<p>

#58 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

This toyline just expanded into all the expected territory.  Gotta give it to Mattel for getting people hooked with 3 series of figures before hitting us with the seemingly obligatory playsets.

First up is the carry-case / playset.   Props for being both.

One half of the item is a display and the other half is a playset.  Concerning the display, it holds 32 figures under plastic. All 16 from Series 1 and all 16 from Series 2 fit perfectly.

The other side is a "mine" play area.   It is six levels high and three levels deep.  The left side will hold a maximum of 16 figures and is rather well designed.  The right side sucks.  It will hold 14 figures.  The design on this half is weak because they inexplicably left multiple doubled vertical spaces and even one triple space. The only way to utilize this space is to stack a figure directly on top of another figure.  Why they didn't notice these little flaws, we will never know.

Anyway, the thing folds together into a cube.  I love the use of squared numbers in displays, and both squares and cubes as design elements. As far as any company-designed display case and/or playset goes, I think this is probably the best I have ever seen.  (Again, the right side of the terrain could have been a lot better though.) 

Retail is about $24-30.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 07 September 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#59 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

Welcome to the newest toytrend: 

Figures marketed specifically for you and your kids to make stop-motion videos. 

Genius. 

Stikbots are doing it, and now Minecraft Minis are doing it.  I expect more toylines will follow. 

In this case, the "free app" gimmick is not just a game.  It is a way for you to create and upload content. 

It is presumed (as I think it should be) that you and your kids have a smartphone/tablet, a computer, an internet connection, ties to social media, a desire to create with their trademarked characters, and a desire to share those creations.

It really is genius. 

Lego is already way behind at marketing this gimmick since people have been making stop-motion Lego videos for decades.

But here is the Minecraft Stop-Motion Movie Creator playset:

You get a backdrop, 15 props, instructions to get the app ("required" to make the videos), and of course the tried-and-true gimmick of including exclusive figures!

And notice that the formerly static one-piece Steve ,now has interchangeable accessories! 

Ready for your directorial debut!

Price $35-40. 

Just think, the Steven Spielberg of 2040 will have found his love for making movies with this playset!

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 05 September 2015 - 07:56 PM.

#60 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

AliExpress delivering some quality shit as always:

http://www.aliexpres...1444_5,201409_4

And for those of you wanting the bigger figures, but not wanting to pay full retail:

http://www.aliexpres...1444_5,201409_4

A vendor at a flea market had a bunch of Minecraft figures in Chinese baggies for $4 a pop today, so I knew they had to be dirt cheap somewhere online. My daughter bought a creeper and the joints are a little loose but it otherwise looks and feels what I think that it should. (We don't own any of the actual legit stuff from the stores.)

<p> </p>
<p>

#61 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

Aliexpress does not take Paypal? WTF

IF you can find an ebay link to the bootleg minis, I would get them for sure.

Edited by steverotters, 07 September 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#62 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

I've used my credit card several times with AliExpress. I've never had an issue and everything I've ordered as always arrived.

<p> </p>
<p>

#63 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:54 AM

so what's with the images of those boots having blurred faces...and the larger figures are all facing away!?

is there some sort of toy facial recognition reverse image search software that I'm not aware of? Hahahah

#64 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

Those bootlegs are hilarious.

#65 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

$14.99 at Target. Booyah.

2edc67b5-fd31-4c32-aae0-46653b8e2862_zps

be2ba1b0-8acc-48eb-96c9-522b9915af81_zps

Couldn't manage a better pic of this for some reason, but here is a preview of the S4 Obsidian series mini figures. Says they will be released in 2015. The S3 three packs still haven't hit stores in my area yet.

cb1ffadb-201d-42b6-8f84-e372af0e005e_zps

#66 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:52 PM

I posted several Obsidian figures in the What you Just Got thread, and I saw the Ender Dragon in stores today.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#67 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

Found a new box of the series 4 blind boxes at Target today and picked up 2 each of the exclusives to put in my kids' Christmas stockings. Good timing with Target having 20% off on toys through today. Picked up a few extra boxes trying to get the ones that I like, and got lucky with my 3 favorites from the series. I also want the pumpkin helmet Skeleton.

Codes on these end with:

C4 Screaming Enderman

D4 Sneaking Creeper

E4 Zombie at Door

3eb60bbc-738c-457f-9316-6b51eb28b034_zps

#68 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:47 AM

Havent really been into these toys so far but man the s4 Wabbitis adorable haha... Might just try and pick that up :)

#69 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:29 PM

1. If anyone still needs Series 1 the Grass Series -- they are at Big Lots right now.  Same price as most other places, $4 each.

2. The SDCC Gold Creepers are now going for $30+ on ebay, so holy shit to that.

3. I have yet to see S4 in any store either.  But whatever, no rush.

4. Target now has the display cube that comes with 10 figures.  None of them are exclusive as far as I can tell.  They may be gone -- I know it was part of their Black Friday deals -- but probably worth a look.  They were/are $40.  The packaging also has a checklist with images of all figures in S1-S4. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 03 December 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#70 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

I finally found S4 at Fred Meyer yesterday, but more notable were the mid-aisle tower-style cardboard displays that are designed to look like a hillside in the game or whatnot, with multiple little windows to pull the blind boxes out as though they're blocks in the game. The ones I saw had at least S3&S4 mixed together too, might have even had S1&S2 (I didn't crouch down to see the ones on the lower tiers. Have to give props to Mattel for the cool idea.

#71 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

Super disappointed to discover that the door, the cage, and the rocks are not accessories, but rather glued to the figures.  LAME.  I boiled them up to see if there was any hope of removing them.

The rocks and the creeper are both rubber.  You could basically salvage the rocks if you were willing to damage the creeper. 

The zombie is rubber and the door is hard plastic.  You could free the door if you were willing to destroy the zombie.  He is glued at the feet and the nose -- no hope of separation and keeping him intact. 

The cage is hard plastic.  Boiling did not separate the glue at all.  I do not see a way of opening it without destroying it.  Of course, the spider is loose inside the cage  You could destroy the cage and have a mint flaming spider if you really wanted. 

Edited by steverotters, 20 December 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#72 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:26 PM

Super disappointed to discover that the door, the cage, and the rocks are not accessories, but rather glued to the figures.  LAME.

The zombie at door is just the zombie from series 1. I like that the door is stuck to him instead of trying to display him with it as a separate accessory. Having the creeper separate from the blocks would have been cool, but I still like it the way it is.

I finally found some series 3 three-packs at Toys R Us this week, and they have 20% off Minecraft stuff right now. I wish the packs for series 4 would hit stores before Christmas, but I doubt it.

#73 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:02 PM

I thought the zombie would be holding the door. It looks like his hands would attach into it, so there would be no trouble displaying it or getting it to stand -- plus, then you could put any other baddie behind the door.  Or in the cage.  Or creeping from behind the rocks. 

But what am I talking about?  Then they couldn't sell you a dozen more variants.  Golem with door. Pigman with door.  Etc. 

Also -- super lame -- they did not paint the stripes on the tabby cat!

Go to Walgreens for S4.  I should have mentioned that above.  Walgreens: The Pharmacy America Trusts for Toys.

Edited by steverotters, 05 December 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#74 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

Do you remember the Walgreens price on the 3-packs? Blind boxes at a Walgreens in my area were $5.50 compared to $3.50 at Target.

#75 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

That sounds right, but they are BOGO right now. :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com