• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:18 AM

Hey Guys,

Here are my finished Trihorn and Killer Orca figures, painted up. I know the pictures are a bit dark. I'll get better pics up later on, hopefully.

Edit: I was able to get some better lit pics of the two figures tonight. Let me know what you think with the new pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by koppenschevelle, 08 March 2006 - 10:31 PM.

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:33 AM

Nice job Eric!!! I love the Orca! :rolleyes: Where did you get the extra weapons from?

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:24 AM

Lookin' good Eric... need to take photos in better light though! ;)

You got those figs painted up quickly too! :rolleyes: You musta been real excited or somethin' to work that fast! :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#4 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:38 AM

I really like the Tri Horn. Is his armor Black or dark blue?

#5 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

That Orca figure is my more favorite of the two. Nice work on the paint job Eric!

~~~Omega~~~

#6 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Thanks guys. I know I have to get some better photos of them. I'll see what I can do tonight to better light them. I was in a hurry this morning.

The weapons are from a couple different places. Trihorn's shield is from a cheap walmart castle playset. Trihorn's sword is from a Fisherprice Imaginext castle set. Killer Orca's axe is from a Yugioh figure. It was molded in his hand, so I had to shave away quite a bit to get it to fit into his hand.

The armour on Trihorn is actually a very dark green. Hopefully you'll be able to see it better when I get better lit pictures. But basically it is a mix of Black and Green, with just a little bit of blue to cool it down.

Out of the two, the Orca is kind of my favorite too. I was originally just going to do a light blue armor, but that was Marty's color scheme, and I have seen others use it too, and just thought I wanted mine to be a little different with the same basic colors. I like the Trihorn a lot too, but the darker photo doesn't do it justice. I will get better pics soon. (hopefully, one of these days I just need to get a digital camera that is worth a darn)

Eric

Also, I have pics of two new customs, Stampedin' Stegosaurus and Terror-dactyl, but they are dark like these two. So I may just wait to post those two guys until I can get better pics.

Edited by koppenschevelle, 08 March 2006 - 02:28 PM.

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

Alright guys, I updated with better photographs. Hopefully you will be able to see the light tint of blueish green in the Trihorn's dark armor. And now Orca looks the nice white that he actually is, not the creme like color the dark photo had him at.

Artimus, yeah I got them painted up kind of quick. I was really excited to get them in, and I had a free day from work and school tuesday to get them done. A nice relaxing day of painting. It was fun.

Eric

#8 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

Once again, great paint jobs Eric. They both look really cool! B) :D :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#9 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

WOW bro!!! I am REALLY diggin' that TriHorn now that your photos are bright and clear!!!

Remember, if you are trying to put weapons in their hands...HEAT them ULTRA HOT w/ a hair dryer...then GENTLY adjust them to fit the weapon!!!

Orca looks GREAT too! But, that TriHorn is quite the original color "OOAK!"

Thanks again,
TGB

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com