135 replies to this topic

#76 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'm dying to see what Reccoom's got for this.

#77 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

True, but my entry, even if it's tops (which I seriously doubt, haha) isn't going to be voted on.

That's because everyone will be voting for Nate's!!! :) :lol:

Posted Image

#78 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

Excellent work, everyone! I've got my favorite and I'm ready to vote! :)
Posted Image

#79 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

Hands down winner - don't even bother voting.

EDIT - I guess I should also add that it’s not just the quality I appreciate about Tortle’s drawing. There’s a fluidity and real sense of scale to it. He’s captured the look, but to me he’s also captured the character – which is often most important. This is the kind of picture that ends up on a comic book cover, for the previously mentioned reasons plus the story it tells without any context.

Don't be so sure ! We have'nt seen what Johnny has been working on. He could bust out something that could totally blow your mind ! :p

True, but my entry, even if it's tops (which I seriously doubt, haha) isn't going to be voted on.

Johnny gets a special prize! ;) :( e+

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#80 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:35 PM

Johnny gets a special prize! ;) :( e+

WhiteLeo

It doesn't have anything to do with lightsaber sliced meat, does it? :p

#81 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

My Gosh! I feel really intimidated by Steve's new Avatar. :( Now you look like you are a Legend. :p Don't beat my arse with an elevator cable now. e+

Posted Image

#82 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

My Gosh! I feel really intimidated by Steve's new Avatar. e+ Now you look like you are a Legend. :( Don't beat my arse with an elevator cable now. ;)

Mahahaha, I am the Supreme Commander, that is until Johnny puts me back in my place! e+ :p

I will never quit.

#83 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:06 AM

Brockenman VS Fire Lion

Attached Files

#84 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:55 AM

I finally have this peice fully conceptualized (yay! I win at scrabble!), and Kinkos goes and makes the file way too big. I had to go back with the phosho eraser tool, to get as much as possible pure white to reduce file size. Even saving for web at a truly pathetic 1% quality rate, the file is at 390k+. Should be much better with the finished one, if its done in time.

This is a homage to the 80s/90s Marvel comics "What If" series, where they break dogma and do something different.

I hope I hold up to everyone's expectations with this one. The harsh angles of the godbeasts were a real challenge, and there was a long plotting phase, to get the placement and composition figured out.

Attached Files

Edited by Reccoom Kaboom, 02 October 2007 - 11:59 AM.

Posted Image

#85 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

Cool! Great perspective on the Godbeasts! Good work!

#86 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

Brockenman VS Fire Lion

Bryce I love the one on one face off, reminds me of the cover of Aliens vs Predator! ;) The German side of me is saying Los!!! Brockenman!!!! :D

I finally have this peice fully conceptualized (yay! I win at scrabble!), and Kinkos goes and makes the file way too big. I had to go back with the phosho eraser tool, to get as much as possible pure white to reduce file size. Even saving for web at a truly pathetic 1% quality rate, the file is at 390k+. Should be much better with the finished one, if its done in time.

This is a homage to the 80s/90s Marvel comics "What If" series, where they break dogma and do something different.

I hope I hold up to everyone's expectations with this one. The harsh angles of the godbeasts were a real challenge, and there was a long plotting phase, to get the placement and composition figured out.

I love the Comic Book Style to this one Reccoom, very kewl. Man everyone is kicking ass!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#87 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

Very Cool Reccoom! Can't wait to see the finished Product. What If was always one of my favorite series.

Posted Image

#88 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

Wow Reccoom!! That is extremely awesome! I love What If, I love your concept, and I can't believe how beautifully perfect those God Beasts came out. The perspective is dead on and the detail and clean lines are very skillfully rendered. You exceded my expectations and I can't wait to see how the final version turns out. I'm off tomorrow, so I'm going to be working on another one to try and measure up to the heavy competition.

#89 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:11 PM

Spent the whole day yesterday on my new one and I'm just about finished, but not yet. Hopefully after work today I'll wrap it up.

#90 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

Okay, here is my finished pic. Sorry if it's a little plain, but I got tired of worrying about it, so I just did a quick background. The color pencils I had kind of sucked, and my scanner is just too bright. It lightened up the colors a bit. Other than those excuses, I've got nothing. ;) :o Hope it's okay. I did alot of color mixing, I swear for the most part I only had like greenblue, brown, yellow, and black colors. Glad they teach you about mixing colors in kindergarten. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#91 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

Good job URS ! Looks pretty cool. It looks like Buffaloman was hunting himself a woodbeetle...when all of a sudden... AMBUSH !

#92 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:22 PM

SWEET URS!!!! Although it still looks like Woodbeetle is putting the move on him!!!! :o ;) j/k Awsome job!!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#93 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

Good job URS ! Looks pretty cool. It looks like Buffaloman was hunting himself a woodbeetle...when all of a sudden... AMBUSH !

SWEET URS!!!! Although it still looks like Woodbeetle is putting the move on him!!!! j/k Awsome job!!!!!

Thanks guys! Your both right! Buffaloman was hunting a Beetle, and all of a sudden Woody jumps out grabs him some Rocky Mountain Oysters and tells him to cough!! :o J/K

I was gonna make the background much darker and more detailed, but I really got tired of worrying about it. Beetle is suppose to be pushing that tree out of the way, but I ran out of paper on that side of the pic. I originally wanted you to see his hand pushing the tree. Oh well. I had fun doing it anyways.

Posted Image

#94 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:22 AM

OK, finally done.
Posted Image

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 06 January 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#95 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:37 AM

WOW!!! That is UBER KEWL!!!! DAS IST WUNDERBAR!!!!!!! PRIMA!!!!! SUPER!!!!! :glare:

I really love the Ram guy holding back Woodbeetle, that is awsome. He is like don't even try dude you are going to loose.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#96 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

Thanks man!
Here are my sketches next to the finals.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 06 January 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#97 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

Awesome Kevin! I love it! I really don't know if I can say anything else to praise it, cause it would just be pointless. :glare:

Posted Image

#98 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

Awesome work fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Tortle see above. :glare:
Reccoom Kaboom would love to see some color added but the sketch looks awesome,What If was one of my favorite comic books put out by Marvel back in the day that alone was an awesome little bonus.
Czarcher love the 2nd entry the most has an awesome cartoon feel to it,Man your stuff is always huge.
URS the coloring looks great!!!!!!!!Love the final product.Still trying to figure out what he's trying to grab?:p
Kevinmayle sick dude sick!!!!love that little Drunken Master always running around starting fights BHS needs to finish. :lol:

From all the entries i would say the.................SUPER RARES WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by meatcutta78, 07 October 2007 - 03:27 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#99 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

Almost done finishing the "What if" picture, and its coming along much better than I'd hoped. Jaws are gonna hit the floor when I post this tomorrow night!
Posted Image

#100 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:54 AM

Great work, Kevin! I love the fire and water Godbeasts! And I can't wait to see yours, Reccoom!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com