#51 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Aw Damn it. I 'm gonna miss c2e2 this year. These are looking pretty sweet.

Thanks! We think people are going to get a kick out of the Spider.

I am setting aside a small number of sets at my online store so if you want to try and pick them up you will be able to. But the bulk of the 1st run as well as the Prototype for Widowmaker and possibly Kayin Kungaa (the Gorilla) will be at the Con

Edited by markatisu, 19 February 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#52 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Very cool. There are never enough mono minifigures. I'm curious to see how this line develops.
Posted Image

#53 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

whats going to be the price points on these guys? I need to see if I can even afford to get into this lol.
Posted Image

#54 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

whats going to be the price points on these guys? I need to see if I can even afford to get into this lol.

I won't know for sure until I figure out all the costs of development and production in 2-3 weeks. With the oversized characters though I am not sure if they will be in the boxed set or not. The sheer dimensions of the Gorilla and Croc make it almost impossible to package and obviously they will use much more resin. I believe seeing them in person, it will be easier to understand their pricing.

For each basic release we plan on having you get 2 figures with a bio trading card for each figure, a custom ring with GiTD ropes, a accessory for the ring (each set will have a different accessory), and it will all be packaged in a nice fully illustrated box for easy storage...but all that is tentative

So hopefully that does not price me out of the market, I am trying to keep it comparable to what I see most people charging

Releases are looking to be every 2-3 months.

Edited by markatisu, 27 March 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#55 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Goliath prototype from the Digital Sculpt just arrived

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pics at the website http://www.mystwarriors.com

#56 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

That is so awesome!

#57 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

This line is shaping up to be a great contender for my toy money! I'm loving the look of the prototypes and excited over the widow maker. :)
My biggest concern is since i dont live in the states, I will most likely miss out on any comic con releases or what not.
Hopefully I get a chance to nab some once they're available! Keep up the great work man. :thumbsup:

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#58 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

This line is shaping up to be a great contender for my toy money! I'm loving the look of the prototypes and excited over the widow maker. :)
My biggest concern is since i dont live in the states, I will most likely miss out on any comic con releases or what not.
Hopefully I get a chance to nab some once they're available! Keep up the great work man. :thumbsup:

I will be setting aside a small % of each release for my online store fantasticplastictoys.com for people who can't attend Cons or who live overseas

Edited by markatisu, 26 February 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#59 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

The digital sculpt for our ~2.4" Gorilla was just revealed

Posted Image

#60 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Some updates

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you are anywhere near C2E2 stop by the Nerd City booth, we will have the first 5 figures on display (3 in Prototype form)

Edited by markatisu, 12 March 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#61 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I was able to pick one of these up at C2E2. Before going I was on the fence about whether I wanted to get into the line, but I got one of the thermal sets and am glad I did! Very cool stuff. I've got a writeup and some more photos on the blog at the link below, if anyone wants to check it out:

http://minifigcollection.blogspot.com/2013/04/mystical-warriors-of-ring.html

Posted Image

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#62 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Great pics! That Goliath figure is off the hook awesome!

#63 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

I was able to pick one of these up at C2E2. Before going I was on the fence about whether I wanted to get into the line, but I got one of the thermal sets and am glad I did! Very cool stuff. I've got a writeup and some more photos on the blog at the link below, if anyone wants to check it out:

Posted Image

Thanks for the great review and jaw dropping awesome pics!

The launch this past weekend was amazing, we sold out completely of Thermal Color Change and virtually sold out of Metallic and Gold leaving the show with only 1 of each.

Here was the display in case anyone wanted to see

Posted Image

If anyone is interested in the remaining 2 sets message me otherwise we will be listing them on my store in about 2 weeks to ship in June and then we direct your focus to Leo Corazon (the Lion) whose release is in July

#64 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

The launch this past weekend was amazing, we sold out completely of Thermal Color Change and virtually sold out of Metallic and Gold leaving the show with only 1 of each.

Here was the display in case anyone wanted to see

Glad to hear they were a hit! As I mentioned in the post, I'm really happy I bought one and impressed with the level of thought and attention to detail that went into putting the sets together.

There was a lot of great stuff at the Nerd City booth. It was cool to see that display with the upcoming figures--I meant to take a photo of that myself but then totally forgot.

Edited by fkro6784, 29 April 2013 - 09:45 AM.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#65 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

This set is amazing. The Goliath figure is very impressive. He's a lot bigger once I had him hand than I was expecting. About the same height as a standard Battle Beast, but a lot more width, depth and girth to him.

I was very glad to be able to pick up a thermal set. A very nice looking set.

And I got to see all the prototypes of the upcoming releases as well. Leo is a great figure, as is the Gorilla. But Saber with the robe on has a jaw dropping amount of detail on him. Very excited to see full casts of him.

#66 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Posted Image

Whoa that is a big size difference, the wolf head is tiny, they almost look like figures that come from two different lines. The scale is off imho. But the sculpt work is nice.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#67 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

The scale is in line when you have the entire line in front of you, they are all proportionate based on what they are.

The crocs natural enemy is the Gorilla (Kayin) and the Bull (Talos), just as Andre the Giants' natural foe was Big John Studd and there was a huge attraction to the smaller Hulk Hogan attempting to body slam him at Wrestlemania III. We tried to do similar...at least that was the thought process

See here is the Gorilla and the Croc, the size is comparable even though Goliath is technically bigger due to the fact his tail and back encompass more volume just like a real Gator. Gators in real life are between 10-21ft long and a Gorilla is around 6-10ft tall.

Posted Image

I just hope people keep that in mind since Leo coming in July (The Lion) is only 1.6" and has his knees bend so he really looks shrimpy compared to Goliath. But in the wrestling world you would have to envision Rey Mysterio Jr taking on Andre the Giant or Brock Lesnar to see how the size would work to his advantage (faster, high flying moves, easier to take a giant down by the leg)

On another note I finished editing and mixing the first animation, its meant to double as a commercial and be a proof of concept so we can combined 5-6 of them into a short demo to pitch for a bigger budgeted animated series/special

Edited by markatisu, 29 April 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#68 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

love the animation man, great job on it
Posted Image

#69 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

love the animation man, great job on it

Thanks it came out good enough, there are some things I want changed on future ones but it was a learning curve especially with the time crunch I put on to get it done.

I have 1 Gold set left if anyone is wanting that, Metallic is now all sold out as well

#70 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I think one of my favorite things about the line so far is the screwy scale. I am sick of toy lines that make everything the same size for the sake of saving some money. It gets boring. If it's animals then some stuff should be twice as big as other stuff just like in nature. Forced scale gets old in my opinion. That's why i like UofV mixed with gorewads so much.

#71 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think one of my favorite things about the line so far is the screwy scale. I am sick of toy lines that make everything the same size for the sake of saving some money. It gets boring. If it's animals then some stuff should be twice as big as other stuff just like in nature. Forced scale gets old in my opinion. That's why i like UofV mixed with gorewads so much.

Hey, thanks!

#72 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I have 1 Gold set left if anyone is wanting that, Metallic is now all sold out as well

I'm interested. PM sent.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#73 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'm interested. PM sent.

Replied

If you bought into our Metallic line this is what your end of the year will look like (Though Kayin Kungaa the Gorilla will be a different shade to not clash with the Wolf Ulric Wolfrom)

Posted Image

#74 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Oh wow I really want that gator going up against the lion in a ring with championship belt haha.

#75 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Replied

If you bought into our Metallic line this is what your end of the year will look like (Though Kayin Kungaa the Gorilla will be a different shade to not clash with the Wolf Ulric Wolfrom)

Posted Image

Glad I picked the Metallics line thats going to rock :D

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com