125 replies to this topic

#1 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

So here are some close up pictures of The real Laser Beast weapons ( ON the Right ) and the Repros that were on ebay. As you can see there is almost 0 differance in the gold weapons the silver ones however are a lighter grey and are slightly stiffer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not sure why they are upside down ;)

Edited by saleen123456, 16 October 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#2 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

That is unfortunate that they are almost identical to the originals.

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

This is bad...................

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

This is bad...................

That is a matter of opinion. In my view, I have no skin in the game (i.e. no LB collection), so to me this looks like a beneift for a couple reasons:
1. I can get these killer weapons for a fraction of the cost of the originals, and the quality/appearance is very close. I can use them for figures other than LB/BB.
2. Those collectors who have the figures but have been unable to find the weapons, can now get the replacement weapons for a fraction of the cost.

So really, it depends on how you look at it. I definitely understand the concern on it being very hard to distinguish the bootlegs from the originals. Based on how close they are, I would say someone at the factory got a hold of the original mold after hours and ran off a few hundred (or thousand) sets.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

That is a matter of opinion. In my view, I have no skin in the game (i.e. no LB collection), so to me this looks like a beneift for a couple reasons:
1. I can get these killer weapons for a fraction of the cost of the originals, and the quality/appearance is very close. I can use them for figures other than LB/BB.
2. Those collectors who have the figures but have been unable to find the weapons, can now get the replacement weapons for a fraction of the cost.

So really, it depends on how you look at it. I definitely understand the concern on it being very hard to distinguish the bootlegs from the originals. Based on how close they are, I would say someone at the factory got a hold of the original mold after hours and ran off a few hundred (or thousand) sets.

Yes of course its a benefit for people that aren't willing/able to pay the 'insane' prices for the original weapons and I've no problem with the fact that repo's are made but as discussed before they become a serious issue/threat when they look exactly or to close to the originals. This is the case as it looks now so for me that mean I wouldn't feel comfortable buying ANY loose LB guns anymore as there'll be a serious possibility that I'll be buying a repo for the price of an original gun now..........

@Saleen, any additional info on material behaviour of the guns when it comes to bending, feeling, weight of the material that's been used?

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for posting this information.

I worked hard completing my Laser Beast set and am still not upset over this.
Not much can be done.

I would really like for them to produce the shields, chargers and Drills now.

Only thing that will come from this are more complete Laser Beasts on the market.
The value will shift more towards the Beast instead of the weapon.

#7 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Ill do a more detailed reviews soon just wanted to get these photos up.

#8 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Real Bad.imo.
Spent years to have the original pieces and missing 4 high end LB weapons.
Will be freakin pissed if I get one of those in the future.
Repros are ok as a replcement till ya get the real thing,
or to use them on customs of the original Beasts.

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#9 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

There is an easy way to tell the difference between original LB Guns and these identical Repros. Simply put, your originals can bend, these repros can not.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

idk, Saleen said they are only slightly stiffer, so does that mean they bend as well~?

#11 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

idk, Saleen said they are only slightly stiffer, so does that mean they bend as well~?

I think they are hard as TGB copies and nothing like the originals in terms of bendable-ness. Probably have to use a hair dryer or hot water to cause them to bend, if only briefly.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

I believe these are coming from a Chinese factory and rubber, not resin homebrew like TGB.

Edited by Ericnilla, 17 October 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#13 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

It looks to me like maybe the repros don't have the marbled look that the originals have. They look more solid one color, at least comparing the brain mouse laserguns anyway. The gold ones look closer to identical.
Demon

#14 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Toxo if they did this with the shields and drills aswell it would be soooo bad man. I started collecting this gear at the same time as alot of other guys did which made the prices for all of this stuff get to the top it's ever been. Alot of hard work and money whent into my collection and I would hate it if repo shields and drills that looked the exact same.

#15 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Let me add to this, The Grey ones are easy to tell apart if you know what you are looking for. They are lighter grey and dont have the dark swirls, they are much stiffer that originals. The Gold Weapons however are not nearly as stiff, they DO BEND they are made of different material than the grey weapons and are almost impossible to tell the difference from a real weapon. They are the exact same weight, same color and are somewhat flexible. They arnt as flexible as the originals but would be very very easy to mistake these for real even to a seasoned vet.

#16 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Let me add to this, The Grey ones are easy to tell apart if you know what you are looking for. They are lighter grey and dont have the dark swirls, they are much stiffer that originals. The Gold Weapons however are not nearly as stiff, they DO BEND they are made of different material than the grey weapons and are almost impossible to tell the difference from a real weapon. They are the exact same weight, same color and are somewhat flexible. They arnt as flexible as the originals but would be very very easy to mistake these for real even to a seasoned vet.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#17 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

As a former G1 transformer collecter the reason I stopped collecting is were(and still is) many characters being expertly KO'd (Knocked off) and many sellers out there who would glady sell these KO's at original prices. Sure you can make a claim through paypal if you buy on ebay but if you cannot tell if its a fake then you will be none the wiser.

I dont collect Laser Beasts but if feel sorry for the collectors who have spent hours(and many dollars) slowly working to complete their collection. Eventually if the KO's continue and if these weapons are going for a decent profit you can bet the laser beasts themselves will be produced. This leads onto long time collectors leaving the game and the market flooded with KO's. One of the most annoying things I found was trying to sell an original that had been KO'd. My selling point was higher but I had numbnuts asking me all the time to sell at the same price of a KO or even claiming I was selling a KO. :wallbash:

IMO the only way to help collectors is to make a forum or site where the ones that have been exactly repoduced listed and with any tell tale signs. Naming and shaming sellers who try and con unsuspecting buyers would also be of benefit to the community.

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Looks like the weapon mold isn't the only thing they got a hold of...

http://www.ebay.com/...y-/251169197685

#19 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

oh wow. haha hopefully they start doing highend LBs so i can finally get some. :)

#20 salazar4id

salazar4id

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Around for any RARE Laser Beasts.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Ya as long as they don't inherit the high end Laser Beast price.

#21 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

This really s#cks we've to keep an eye out on this imountainteacher guy because he's causing a lot of unwanted pollution amongst rare and value collections. Some of us have spend years and $$ to get to the point where they are now knowing that all the invested money can be retrieved with a simple listing on Ebay in case of emergency but with these look a like's showing up that might become a serious issue. I already have my doubts about listing individual high end LB weapons out on Ebay at the moment.

Its like the banks starting to print extra dollars because everybody wants them..................

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#22 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Ha ha? WTF not funny at all Ericnilla I'm sure there would be people pissed off if they were MIMP or M.U.S.C.L.E.S
GJNL I'm with you on this one mate all the way. It sucks really badly a lot of killer carps came with a little sticker on there feet.

#23 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

The buyer paid $70 for a reproduction Clear Carp. That's around the going rate of the real thing.

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm sure there would be people pissed off if they were MIMP or M.U.S.C.L.E.S.

I think that would be awesome!

Imagine being able to get all the colors and sculpts for a couple bucks, versus a mortgage payment. Purple Claw for $5 anyone? :lol:

#25 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

These people are just ruining all of these hobbies with their knockoffs. Customs are great. In fact, they're awesome. BUT ONLY WHEN THERE IS AN ARTIST'S MARK OR SOMETHING ELSE THAT MAKES THE CUSTOM DISTINGUISHABLE FROM THE REAL THING.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com