• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#76 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:45 AM

You guys seen the Indiana Jones ones? I can't possibly imagine anyone buying those. :blink: I was also surprised they made the guy who pulls peoples hearts out, and they actually gave him a little heart accessory....totally evil, children shouldn't play with him. :unsure:

Wait, what? The Indiana Jones Muggs are awesome. Especially the Mola Ram one, he's definitely in my top 5 favorite Muggs across all 3 series. And the next wave of those has a Henry Jones, Sr. that's pretty much the greatest thing ever.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#77 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

I picked up Grievous and Yoda today. was thinking about getting C3P0 but passed.

Posted Image

#78 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

I like the mighty mugs, I think they are a little pricay though. I have picked up so far Spidey, Hulk, and Darth Maul. I plan to get the yoda and venom ones, but not the whole series. Woverine is kind of cool cause the claws so I might get him too.

I am actually really really surprised that there are so many Indiana Jones toys coming out. Most kids these days dont seem to be interested in it so the only ones buying this crap are pople like us that used to like Indy as a kid. I consider myself one of those, but im still not buying the crap. I did see the mugg with the heart today, that was kind of funny, and not a bad looking one as compared to the other Indy mugs, but still gay. The galactic hero sized Indy stuff wont sell either. I like maybe one or two figs, not worth the $6 a pack to get them though.

#79 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

I really liked the Yoda one I saw, but he is smaller, and I have a very hard time paying full price for smaller figures.

Indiana jones though. Really. The only reason they even made those toys is because the new movie was so freaking hyped up. Who wants to play with an Indiana jones toy? Even the Vintage line was a failure. I guess 20 years from now the new ones will be worth something though. :lol: Besides indy, there are really no interesting characters, and even the swordsman guy that was barely in the movie for 10 seconds will sell more figures. :p

But the Mula ram MM fig was pretty nifty, but not something I would buy. The best out of the IJ set, and it tops a number of the SWs, and Marvels.

Who want's to take a bet that Transformers will be the next in the series? :)

Posted Image

#80 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

Indiana jones though. Really. The only reason they even made those toys is because the new movie was so freaking hyped up. Who wants to play with an Indiana jones toy? Even the Vintage line was a failure.

Who want's to take a bet that Transformers will be the next in the series? :)

The vintage Indiana Jones toys by Kenner sell for a ridiculous amount of money most of the time, and they're pretty great all around. I'd love to have them all personally, but they're just way too pricey for me. The Well of the Souls playset is especially awesome. I was pretty excited for new figures (as mentioned in the Hasbro/Lucasfilm thread), but they're mostly so terrible i haven't been able to work up the urge to even buy an Indy. Doesn't even look like him. Also didn't help that Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls was the absolute worst movie i saw in theatres this year, by a long shot. :lol:

And as for the next franchise to get the Mighty Muggs treatment, you'd lose that bet. There are GI Joe ones coming out very soon. The first wave is Duke, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow. Hasbro has said nothing yet regarding Transformers Muggs, but i'd be surprised if it doesn't happen eventually. The Muggs actually seem pretty popular for the most part.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#81 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Uh, no, Transformers Mighty Muggs were shown off at SDCC. Optimus Prime was shown in-package (no others, I think), and the box's cross-sells indicated what would be released in the same wave - Soundwave, Bumblebee, and Megatron.

http://www.tfw2005.c...the-way-165450/

Edited by Boaconda, 23 August 2008 - 01:41 PM.

#82 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

Uh, no, Transformers Mighty Muggs were shown off at SDCC. Optimus Prime was shown in-package (no others, I think), and the box's cross-sells indicated what would be released in the same wave - Soundwave, Bumblebee, and Megatron.

http://www.tfw2005.c...the-way-165450/

For serious? Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm slightly disappointed though, i'd hoped that maybe they'd go with a new, squarish mold instead of the round one they use now.

Still though, i was at least right about URS losing the bet. GI Joe Muggs are still next, done and shipping in like a month. :D
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#83 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

We bought our first MM tonight...Ghost Rider!! We have a whole collection of Ghost Riders so it was a must as soon as we saw him!

I was going to get Darth Maul way back when but decided to put it back and then never saw it again.

I am totally digging the Indiana Jones ones. I was really tempted to get all three but I really don't know where I would display them. I need to rework the displays in the living room so maybe I will find a place for them. e+

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#84 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:43 AM

I bet this company is making a killing. They are using the same mold for most of their muggs, with the exception of a couple like yoda, or the accessories that come with a few. Same mold, different paint, $10 a pop, thats a lot of money.

#85 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

And they are 100% recycled Awesome! e+

Posted Image

#86 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

They have blank ones now. I saw them on ebay last night. The ones on ebay are expensive, I would hope that blank ones would be cheaper in the store since you have to do all the work, but I think that is awesome, I thought about making some customs if I could get some cheap on ebay, then I saw the blank ones, even better. Speaking of, do a search for custom mighty muggs, there is some really cool ones and selling for a killing. I saw a really cook joker one last night. If you guys know of a site or place to buy the blank ones kind of cheap let me know, I would love to paint some.

#87 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

http://www.hasbrotoy...a...92&ID=22277
http://www.hasbrotoy...a...92&ID=22278

As straight to the source as you can get.

#88 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

Thank you Boaconda, wow, that is kind of cheesy that a blank one costs the same as painted copyrighted merchandise such as Star Wars etc.. Guess my best bet at finding these cheap are in garage sales ten years from now. Be on the lookout for some sweet custom shizznit in ten years hahhaha.

#89 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

You could wait and get them in loose lots for cheaper prices and just reprime them and go at it. :D

Posted Image

#90 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

You guys seen the Galactus and Silver Surfer ones yet? Pretty sweet. Might have to try and sneak em into the collection. I have three now, none of which my wife knew about until like two days ago hahahaha. She was like 'When did you get those?" and I was like "Oh we have had them for years". Sometimes works, sometimes gets my ass kicked. This time it worked hahahahahaha.

#91 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:56 AM

HAHAHA! Sometimes I wish you could record some of you home conversations so we could hear them Doc. :D

But no I ain't seen the Galactus one yet. Is he big?

Posted Image

#92 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

:D no sadly, he is the same size. I saw them on ebay last night.

#93 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

New Marvel Mighty Muggs are out. It's only a 3-figure wave this time, with Silver Surfer, the Human Torch, and Galactus. Galactus has in fact replaced Doctor Octopus as my #1 favorite Mighty Mugg. Regarding the above questions about his size, his head is HUGE. He's wearing sort of a hat over top of the regular MM head. Sort of like when they have to increase the head size on a Minimate, but it's not removable. So he does stand a little taller. Although i would pay a lot of money for one that was like 2 feet high.

It's weird, the back of the new boxes also has a Punisher figure pictured, but i looked online and he's not even in this wave.

In related news, i am so running out of room for these things. It doesn't help that i feel like i have to display the boxes as well because they're so awesome. I'm eventually just gonna have to repack all these things and display 'em in a giant pyramid in the corner or something....

Edited by Scumdogg, 20 September 2008 - 09:28 PM.

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#94 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

Punisher might be coming in the next wave of this series, Sort of how they did Darth Maul in the very first set.

Posted Image

#95 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:00 PM

I picked up Wolverine and Asajj Ventress yesterday. They look pretty cool.
Badly in need of the Venom piece. I never saw it in the stores,and he goes for $30+ on ebay. Anyone have a sealed one for sale or trade LMK !

#96 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I picked up Wolverine and Asajj Ventress yesterday. They look pretty cool.
Badly in need of the Venom piece. I never saw it in the stores,and he goes for $30+ on ebay. Anyone have a sealed one for sale or trade LMK !

I'll keep an eye out for you when i'm shopping this week. I think i saw him not too long ago...just have to remember where!

Also regarding Mighty Muggs, i got Count Dooku over the weekend, the only one i really wanted out of the new Star Wars wave. Anyone seen the second wave of Indiana Jones ones in stores? I thought they were supposed to be out by now but i haven't seen 'em...badly want that Henry Jones. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#97 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Went a little crazy on Mighty Muggs today.....
EVEN found a Venom on the shelf !

Posted Image

#98 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

If I had the room, I would have gone all the way with this series. I like my 4 SWs ones though. But I saw the Vision yesterday and he was sweet. He was at a walmart that seemed to have a full toy aile with everything unpicked.....too bad it was 70 miles out of the way of my house. ;) They have been making some great toylines lately. there has been very little in the toys that I havn't liked at least a little bit.

Posted Image

#99 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

Holy crap Czarcher! A little crazy indeed. :lol:

Glad you finally found a Venom! I look at the Muggs every time i go to the store, regardless of whether or not i'm caught up at the moment, and i still haven't seen a Venom since you asked about it before. Looks like you managed to either find a long-untouched store, or they're re-shipping Wave 1.

I saw those GI Joe ones at the flea market a couple days ago, they still haven't shown up in stores around here. I really like 'em, but i don't know...i'm running out of room and money both. :wacko: And if i can only 100% one series of Mighty Muggs i think it needs to be the Marvel ones...pics of the next wave just went up and they are all awesome once again.

I will probably at least get Cobra Commander though, when i see him in an actual store. And hope that the rest stick around long enough to pick up slowly...
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#100 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

if i can only 100% one series of Mighty Muggs i think it needs to be the Marvel ones...pics of the next wave just went up and they are all awesome once again.

Ya man,I've really had the mighty mugg itch lately.
What are the new marvel ones? Can you post pics?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com