- - - - -

Unofficial Official New MIMP Product

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

I was at Meijer the other day and saw something that jumped off the shelf at me - Monsters In My Pocket.

It wasn’t called that, but the pictures were unmistakably MIMP figures.

They were like Silly Putty-type toys and on each side of the egg there was an image of the MIMP. There were about 3 “eggs”, so there were about 6 figures.

If anyone is a hardcore MIMP collector, then this would definitely be a great thing to have.

#2 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

Do you have any idea what they were called? Were the eggs filled with slime or were they like Dino Magic? How much were they? If you have any more info on them or a picture, I'd definitely check them out. I'd just need to know what to look for.

Also, we dont have Meijers around here so what kind of store would be comparable? Target or K-Mart perhaps?

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5108 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, Meijer is a department store chain like Target, Wal-Mart or K-Mart. Okay, not much is like Wal-Mart these days but you know what I mean.

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Do you have any idea what they were called? Were the eggs filled with slime or were they like Dino Magic? How much were they? If you have any more info on them or a picture, I'd definitely check them out. I'd just need to know what to look for.

No, I can't remember. I think they were filled with Silly Putt-type stuff. I don't remember - cheaper, a couple of bucks. They were around the "cheaper toys" or non-brand name toys.

Trust me, if you're near them you won't miss them.

#5 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...7QQcmdZViewItem

Are these what you are talking about?

#6 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

How about this:

http://www.toyarchiv...nsterPutty.html

#7 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:27 AM

How about this:

That's it! :(

#8 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

How about this:

That's it! :notme:

You know, thats what I had first thought, but I thought that was an older product and no longer made. I guess I never read the paragraph below the picture. If they came with monsters I'd definitely want to get my hands on one but since they dont I'm kinda "mehhh" about them.

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

Honestly, I thought it was pretty cool in person. I thought a set of the eggs, with all the monsters would be a nice addition to any collection. It just struck me as really unique and unusual.

It’s like if the Claw (#153) from the Pre-Pack was suddenly on a super-ball. It might not officially be a MUSCLE item, but 20 years after the release it’s as close as it is going to get.

#10 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Man, i scoured a bunch of Meijer stores and other locations for this Monster Putty stuff over the weekend, and found nothing. Just another toy product that simply doesn't exist in good old southern Ohio, just like half the stuff Hasbro makes. :)
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com