#1 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

tumblr_obmanpBaJt1qlxixqo1_1280.jpg

I've been out of the 3d modelling for about a year due to computer issues and other other restrictions, but I'm back now, and with some new goodies [url=https://www.shapeways.com/shops/trentsworkshop?s=0]in my Shapeways store.[/img]

After watching a ton of Bootleg Zones, I got a hankering to abuse the nature of 3d printing once again and I made this little guy. I call him “Fishtank” and in the great Galaxy Hole tradition, yes, his head is a modification of another model I had onhand. He is a 3d printable mini-action figure available through Shapeways and I am offering him without markup for a limited time.

He’s inspired by MOTU indirectly, but is more inspired by Galaxy Warriors and the Remco Warrior Beasts, the kitchy off-brand versions that, over the years, I have come to enjoy far more than their inspiration. He’s about 2.5 inches tall (About the size of a Battle Beast or Combat Creature) and he comes in two sprues, allowing you to order his fleshy bits (Kit A, here) and his clothing (Kit B, here) in different colors, to create your own almost-MOTU weirdo. If he works out, I’ll be offering various “A” and “B” kits for mix-and-match figure building. 

"Kit A" The Fleshy Bits
tumblr_obmanpBaJt1qlxixqo2_500.jpg
Kit "B" The gear.
tumblr_obmanpBaJt1qlxixqo3_500.jpg

His hands have a 3mm grip.

Thoughts? Impressions?

Edited by TrentTroop, 08 August 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Neat! He could almost be a part of that new Savage Battle Tribes, (or whatever the heck they're called), from Spymonkey creations! It looks like his articulation is about the same.

Edited by Draznar, 08 August 2016 - 06:19 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

Looks great!

#4 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

Very nice!

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#5 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

Fishtank with Weapons and Accessories

tumblr_obuwb1MVjP1qlxixqo1_1280.jpg

I've updated Fishtank with a third weapons spue, so he can be printed in three sprued sections (flesh partsclothing and accessories) in whatever color you like to produce a custom Galaxy Warrior/Fighter/Hero-esq character.

The second character, Herox, has his own flesh parts sprue. If these work out, more optional sprues will be sculpted for mix-and-match action. 

Viewers of Bootleg Zones will recognize the emblem on Fishtank’s shield.

Edited by TrentTroop, 13 August 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#6 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

These look terrific. Gonna place my order shortly...

One question: why do you sprue the parts together? I mean, doesn't that add volume (and thus cost) to the models? Or is there benefit to only having one "solid" in the print job?

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#7 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

These look terrific. Gonna place my order shortly...

One question: why do you sprue the parts together? I mean, doesn't that add volume (and thus cost) to the models? Or is there benefit to only having one "solid" in the print job?

Shapeways has moved to having a much lower cost for material volume, but has a base handling fee for each "piece" in a file that's typically $1-2 per piece. Adding sprues adds a few cents in material but saves several dollars in handling fees, essentially.

#8 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

Ah, interesting. Goes to show how little I mess with Shapeways these days! Thanks for that.

Anyway, ordered my Fish Tank last night. I'll be sure to post my thoughts once I get him!

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#9 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

Ah, interesting. Goes to show how little I mess with Shapeways these days! Thanks for that.

Anyway, ordered my Fish Tank last night. I'll be sure to post my thoughts once I get him!

Sweet!

If anyone else is after one, Shapeways is doing a free shipping special on orders $25 and above between now and Sunday. I've got my whole collection of Battle Beast inspired Combat Creatures available as well at Fishtank and my more recent Transformers related stuff, like the mini-pretender shells for Slog and Rairyu.

Pics (of a few bits):

tumblr_nmdmuwzJt51qlxixqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmdmuwzJt51qlxixqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmdmuwzJt51qlxixqo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmdmuwzJt51qlxixqo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmdmuwzJt51qlxixqo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_npe0zq8BIj1qlxixqo4_540.jpg

tumblr_nhdh8fXh7F1sktul3o1_1280.png

tumblr_oah89hGbn91qlxixqo3_1280.jpgtumblr_oaoc5kukdq1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oah89hGbn91qlxixqo4_1280.jpg

#10 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

That Muty McFly and Goat Busters are awesome! The last one is really cool also. 

#11 elrojo

elrojo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Hello, I collect a little bit of everything but I love the mini rubber figures and I love carving my own toys, many of my sculptures have not been released but there are some sweets outside

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Muty McFly, is great  :) 

#12 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

That last one a Transformers Pretender?

#13 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Isn't that slogs pretender shell?

#14 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:45 AM

The T-Rex is awesome! I really like how you managed to incorporate his stubby little arms. No name for him yet? How about Tyrannical T-Rex? Haha. Nice work!

May I ask why the figures look flocked or more gritty? They appear to have more of a rough surface which, honestly, I kind of dig.

#15 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Yes, it is Slog's Pretender shell.

It's a thing of beauty, Trent. You're doing amazing work, as always.

Screamer: They look fuzzy because they're "sandstone" material. It allows for them to do the colouring you see. It has its drawbacks as well, but many people have bought Trent's work and been pleased with it.

Trent: Do you have an estimated cost for Slog on the sprue? (Assuming you intend to release that way.)

Edited by Draznar, 17 August 2016 - 03:48 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#16 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

It's a thing of beauty, Trent. You're doing amazing work, as always.

Screamer: They look fuzzy because they're "sandstone" material. It allows for them to do the colouring you see. It has it's drawbacks as well, but many people have bought Trent's work and been pleased with it.

Trent: Do you have an estimated cost for Slog on the sprue? (Assuming you intend to release that way.)

IIRC the site had it at $21. $29 for a smoother paint job. I'm on the fence on buying a smooth one. 

http://www.shapeways...tionId=60334454

Edited by fisheye, 17 August 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#17 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

Depending on the Material Slog is $21 for plain white plastic, $22 for one of the single color polished versions, or more expensive in the acrylics and detail plastics. I also have a non-articulated full-color-sandstone version that is either $21.50 for standard or, like Fisheye said, $29 for the coated version. 

My pretender shells are made to hold a folded up Titan Master from Transformers: Titans Return, as I've been doing a lot of replacement face-plates for those minifigs for customizers. So far I've done Slog's shell and Rairyu's from Dinoforce, each with an alternate color scheme option. The Sandstone versions don't come with the face plate because the faceplates won't print in sandstone due to parts tolerance requirements, but I have those separate as well.

Edited by TrentTroop, 17 August 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#18 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

I thought so! Glad to see someone else interested in odd transformer combiners.

#19 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

I absolutely love odd-ball bots! Monstructor is up there for me with Piranacon in terms of favourite combiners.

<p> </p>
<p>

#20 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

The T-Rex is awesome! I really like how you managed to incorporate his stubby little arms. No name for him yet? How about Tyrannical T-Rex? Haha. Nice work!

May I ask why the figures look flocked or more gritty? They appear to have more of a rough surface which, honestly, I kind of dig.

The T-Rex has a name, that pic is just not cropped for an add. In Green, he's Rampager Rex, in Purple, he's Terrifying Tyrannosaurus.

The above answers about the material are correct, that's the full color sandstone material.

This is slightly off topic, but you can arm up your action figures with an NES zapper now!

tumblr_oc34o33Sph1qlxixqo1_540.jpg

We've got it in:

3mm for Battle Beasts, Lego/Kreo/Etc, Legion Transformers, lots of 3 3/4" guys and so on.

4mm for Most MOTU/Galaxy Warriors/etc, Marvel Legends, DC 6-Inch, etc.

5mm for Most Transformers, TMNT, etc.

Edited by TrentTroop, 17 August 2016 - 07:18 PM.

#21 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

Another slightly off topic (but saved by having 3mm Battle-Beast compatible weapons): 

tumblr_oc54dg128Z1qlxixqo1_540.jpg
tumblr_oc54dg128Z1qlxixqo2_540.jpg

I’ve added my latest 3d printable replacement faceplates for Titans Return figures, in this case Decepticon Pretender Bludgeon and a pair of swords for him, which I've done in multiple formats and scales:

#22 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:18 PM

tumblr_oc6ze4wq701qlxixqo2_500.jpgtumblr_oc6ze4wq701qlxixqo1_500.jpg

I just finished my first new Combat Creature, Plasma Parasaurolophus. He's up on Shapeways in articulated strong and flexible plastic and in full color sandstone.

Plasma Parasaurolophus is one of the wisest and most well travelled Combat Creatures. Forever neutral in the great struggle, he acts as an observer and galactic ferryman, teleporting squads of Combat Creatures to various worlds to keep the cosmic balance. Woe be to the Combat Creature that disturbs his great work, or who mispronounces his name!

#23 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:00 AM

That is an awesome dude, Trent!
<p> </p>
<p>

#24 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

Did up another figurine today.

tumblr_oce0ongpAG1qlxixqo2_540.jpgtumblr_oce0ongpAG1qlxixqo3_r1_540.jpg

I love insane bootleg toys, and the weird half-and-half creatures from Pokemon Fusion reminded me of that, so I made this unnatural terror, the Weepinmeleon, which is what happens when a Weepinbell and a Charmeleon defy nature and Arceus’s will love each other very much.

tumblr_oce0ongpAG1qlxixqo1_540.jpg

Just look at that wall-eyed doof. 

I interpreted the flames as a frond of leaf-feathers, and this little fella is just a smidge over an inch and a half tall, just the right size to display with Pokemon PVC figurines. Check it out on Shapeways here.

Edited by TrentTroop, 23 August 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#25 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

That's amazing! You could do a line of figures just using that Pokemon fusion thing. What's it made out of? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motu, MUSCLE, battle beasts, remco, galaxy warriors, sungold

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com