Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Mutant Pollutants

%2315%20Small.jpg

[Mutant Pollutant #15 from the Thermal Radiation Set]

As far as we're aware Mutant Pollutants Series 1 were released today in the United Kindgdom. My bother has been waiting for these for quite a while and was eager to get his hands on them. He bought them at Toys 'R Us. Where to buy.

They come in 3 different pack styles.

• Blind Bag
  • 3 Pack with 1 Hidden
  • 5 Pack with 2 Hidden (See Picture)

IMGP7012.jpgIMGP7013.jpg
[5 Pack, box was already open, I'll snap an unopened tomorrow]

They're similar to Boglins in their size and the type of plastic they're made from, slightly more flexible and obviously multi-coloured.
Boglin%20Comparison%20Smaller.jpg
[Boglin Comparison]

Just like the Boglins each figure comes in 4 different colours and belong to different sets, they are as follows.

• Thermal Radiation (Change colour when heated, see picture below.)
  • Toxic Waste (Glow in the dark, unable to snap good quality picture.)
  • Bio-Hazards (No effects.)
  • Heavy Metals (Rare metal colour.)

There are 13 figures and a total of 52 figures in series one, including re-colours. Figures from the Thermal Radiation set have re-colours in the Toxic Waste set. However the Bio-Hazard set figures don't cross sets, instead having an extra 2 re-colours in that set. No matter the set each figure has 3 alternate colours (Not including Heavy Metal, which are 4 rare re-colours.)

The Thermal Radiation colour change and Toxic Waste glow are both very short lived effects, possibly due to the size/type of the plastic which is a little disappointing but still better than a straight re-colour. As you can see the figures have little suction cups all over their body which is actually quite entertaining and practical, using them as a phone stand etc. is possible. 

%2315%20Small.jpg  Becomes %2315%20Warm%20Small.jpg
You can see that the colour change is however pretty drastic and looks really cool! However you can see the colour already beginning to come back in the thinner sections of the model. This transition takes about 3-4 minutes in warm-hot water. Here is an example of another colour change, the same model, different colour.

%237%20Small.jpg Becomes %237%20Warm%20Small.jpg
This one isn't as impressive and may be hard to see but the red changes to a pale orange colour. 

IMGP7015.jpg

Here is an example of a Heavy Metal figure, as you can see compared to the gray one in the background it's a lot shinier and is comparable much more to a chrome or silver as opposed to a grey.

As far as I'm aware they don't come with any extras aside from a set list (picture below), we're based in the UK as mentioned so the US has had them for a few weeks, I'm unsure about any other locations, as usual, information on toys is pretty slim.

IMGP7007small.jpg

IMGP7008small.jpg

Hi-Res Link 1 & 2

Hi-Res Links to Models We've Collected So Far

Thanks for reading my first post! All feedback welcome.

Edited by FunkyFlump, 02 March 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#2 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Great! I bought some of these from Argos about a month ago and had intended to start a thread about them myself, so you've saved me a job.

I like these figures although I think they're a bit expensive for what they are (I've seen the 5 packs for £8 in The Entertainer; Argos does them for £10 but they're in the two for £15 offer). I probably won't get any more than the 10 I already have, unless I see them on clearance.

I'm a fan of modular toys in general and I tried sticking a few together, but the suckers don't hold particularly great. Monster Connectors are still the best in that regard.

But it's always good to see new collectable minifigure lines appearing on the shelves.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#3 FunkyFlump

FunkyFlump

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Yeah I have to say, toys are just expensive these days. I was originally going to try and get some of the Trash Pack stuff which was around the same price for something much smaller, so I'm glad I missed out on those.

I've been looking for something like this for a while so I think I'll try and complete Series 1 at least. I'll agree there is still much to be desired but I don't have too much faith in anything perfect for me coming around soon. 

Edited by FunkyFlump, 01 March 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#4 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Picked some of these about a month or two ago, they were already clearance stock which doesnt look very promising they'll be releasing anythingbeyond series 1. Not a fan of the paint apps, Ive already seen a few of mine become scuffed and look terrible.
The size is a bit big too, and the suction cap novelty wore off for me in about 2 seconds.. but aside from that theyre ok I guess.
Got a heavy metal figure (the stroll looking one) in my first pack which was cool.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#5 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

These are kind of cool. I'll probably look for a handful of the ones i like the most. Thanks for the really nice and detailed review.

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hey, those are really cool.  What kind of material are they, exactly?  Rubber like mini-boglins?

Edited by Ridureyu, 01 March 2014 - 08:06 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 FunkyFlump

FunkyFlump

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hey, those are really cool.  What kind of material are they, exactly?  Rubber like mini-boglins?

They're pretty much exactly like Mini-Boglins but a little softer. Imagine Squinkies or Trash Pack mixed with Mini Boglins.

#8 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Think Minikins soft rubber...

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#9 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Just found out about these, but I can't find them anywhere in the U.S. Seems Ebay/Amazon UK is the only place. Anyone have any they're willing to sell?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soft plastic, current, suction cups, mutant, pollutant, mutant pollutants, colours

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com