Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#103 Rankenstein

Rankenstein

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

Hello everyone. Trying to find out what is up with the Trash Pack's missing figures is what led me to discover these forums. I see others are experiencing the same frustration.

I found this all out by trial and error. In other words, by spending way too much money on these things. I have written Moose and gotten no response at all. This is starting to look like a scam to me. Even if the other characters are coming in another "wave," all this "over 100 to collect" and a booklet showing 166 is nonetheless false advertising at present.

Conclusions:

1. The 5 yellow glow-in-the-dark figures are not in the TRU packs.

2. The 5 yellow Bin-Fections are not in the TRU packs.

3. A total of 12 characters (at least one from every subset) are not in the TRU packs. (The missing characters are: Mouldy Milk, Garbage Egg, Sicken Chicken, Off Cheese, Scummy Screen, Loo Paper, Crud Can, Rott Box, Mucky Maggot, Bin Scab Beetle, Garbage Gull, and Rankenstein.)

4. Of the remaining 36 characters, there is still ALWAYS one color form missing. The fact is, I have yet to see three color versions of even a single character -- ANY CHARACTER -- regardless of the rarity distinctions given in the booklet.

5. The rarity distinctions in the booklet are false and misleading, perhaps even arbitrary. For most characters, there is absolutely no quantitative distinction between "common" and "rare" color versions. Often, you are as likely to get one as the other.

6. The 5 blue "ultra rare" Bin-Fections are just as common as any of the other 35 characters when you consider the others as only a single color version. (Scarcity only increases from the perspective that they were supposedly only produced in two colors instead of three. Still, the liklihood of pulling any given "ultra rare" Bin-Fection in any given color is the same as pulling any given Bin-Sect, etc, in any given color.)

7. Of the characters that you can actually find at Toys-R-Us, six of them have the color form that you can NEVER find labeled as "common" in the booklet. (These are Slop Corn, Rotten Apple, Grott Dog, Foul Nugget, Noxious Bee, and Gross Rover.) The color that you cannot find is the "common" purple, whereas the "ultra rare" orange is just as common as the "common" yellow!

8. When you add it all up, of the 166 figures shown in the booklet, only 85 are available within the Toys-R-Us retail packs! (35 characters X2 colors + 5 glow-in-the-dark X2 colors + 5 Bin-Fections X1 color = 85)

My question for Moose was simple: Where are the other Trashies? Why are you selling us only HALF of what you're telling us is available?

No response. Where is that customer relations team that someone was raving about a month ago?

A little goodwill goes a long way.

#104 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hello everyone. Trying to find out what is up with the Trash Pack's missing figures is what led me to discover these forums. I see others are experiencing the same frustration.

I found this all out by trial and error. In other words, by spending way too much money on these things. I have written Moose and gotten no response at all. This is starting to look like a scam to me. Even if the other characters are coming in another "wave," all this "over 100 to collect" and a booklet showing 166 is nonetheless false advertising at present.

Conclusions:

1. The 5 yellow glow-in-the-dark figures are not in the TRU packs.

2. The 5 yellow Bin-Fections are not in the TRU packs.

3. A total of 12 characters (at least one from every subset) are not in the TRU packs. (The missing characters are: Mouldy Milk, Garbage Egg, Sicken Chicken, Off Cheese, Scummy Screen, Loo Paper, Crud Can, Rott Box, Mucky Maggot, Bin Scab Beetle, Garbage Gull, and Rankenstein.)

4. Of the remaining 36 characters, there is still ALWAYS one color form missing. The fact is, I have yet to see three color versions of even a single character -- ANY CHARACTER -- regardless of the rarity distinctions given in the booklet.

5. The rarity distinctions in the booklet are false and misleading, perhaps even arbitrary. For most characters, there is absolutely no quantitative distinction between "common" and "rare" color versions. Often, you are as likely to get one as the other.

6. The 5 blue "ultra rare" Bin-Fections are just as common as any of the other 35 characters when you consider the others as only a single color version. (Scarcity only increases from the perspective that they were supposedly only produced in two colors instead of three. Still, the liklihood of pulling any given "ultra rare" Bin-Fection in any given color is the same as pulling any given Bin-Sect, etc, in any given color.)

7. Of the characters that you can actually find at Toys-R-Us, six of them have the color form that you can NEVER find labeled as "common" in the booklet. (These are Slop Corn, Rotten Apple, Grott Dog, Foul Nugget, Noxious Bee, and Gross Rover.) The color that you cannot find is the "common" purple, whereas the "ultra rare" orange is just as common as the "common" yellow!

8. When you add it all up, of the 166 figures shown in the booklet, only 85 are available within the Toys-R-Us retail packs! (35 characters X2 colors + 5 glow-in-the-dark X2 colors + 5 Bin-Fections X1 color = 85)

My question for Moose was simple: Where are the other Trashies? Why are you selling us only HALF of what you're telling us is available?

No response. Where is that customer relations team that someone was raving about a month ago?

A little goodwill goes a long way.

Are you savagestuart from GPK forum? Thanks for putting all this info up, it helps out a ton!

Moose will respond but it takes them a few days and the first response is always the same "what country are you from?". Then it will take another few days and you will get an answer.

#105 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

That was me, and yes, they were very talkative in the beginning....until I asked about the missing figures. They simply said "all characters have been produced and will be available to collect." :/

Yes, I too have only the same two color variations of any figure as anyone else. The supposedly "rarest" colors do not seem to exist.

What sucks most about that is that the rarest colors are often the ones that make *sense,* like red Rancid Steak and pink Scum Gum.

#106 Rankenstein

Rankenstein

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

1. Yes, I first posted these finding on the GPKUG forums. I just now found the LRG forums.

2. I have waited more than a few days and heard nothing from Moose.

3. I am at the point that if there are grounds for legal recourse, I say we take it.

It seems silly to take legal action over toys. But c'mon, they know what they are doing. They have us chasing after figures that are simply not available. AT ALL. By the time it becomes obvious that these characters are NOT in the packs we keep buying, we look like fools -- we've spent hundreds of dollars on duplicates and gotten frustrated over silly little toys.

The bottom line is that half of the figures are NOT available. Meanwhile, all packaging and marketing material says that they ARE.

Furthermore, the rarity distinction included in the packaging are blatantly false.

Don't tell me something is "ultra rare" when clearly it is not, and don't tell me something is "common" when it clearly does not exist.

Again, releasing the missing Trashies in another "wave" does not cut it when all current packaging indicates that they are available NOW.

Even the fact that these are on sale AGAIN may indicate pressure from complaining customers. All Trash Pack merchandise was "buy two, get one free" last week and all 25% off this week. TRU wants to get the first wave out, get the next wave in, and maybe less people will notice what's missing.

I don't know what is expected or accepted with toy releases, but I find this kind of ploy to get people to buy more and more of your product to be unreasonable and ultimately nothing more than a scam.

I know a bit about trading cards. Look at Topps -- at least they are smart enough to put disclaimers and odds on all their packaging.

Even their attempt at cashing in on the minifigure craze with bland Blinku says this on every pack: "Approximate odds per pack of finding rare Blinku: 1:10."

(Mini-Gripe: Topps drops the ball AGAIN -- they have a whole line of establisted characters called Garbage Pail Kids that were/are ripe and ready to be minifigures that would have decimated the Trash Pack. Instead Topps creates this new line of painfully dull minifigures called Blinku (Toonz in Europe) that are nothing more than a 3rd rate rip-off of the Gogo's Crazy Bones.)

So, what are the approximate odds of finding rare Trashies?

Well, let's see, the "ultra rare" blue Bin-Fections are not rare at all, plenty of "common" Trashies seem to be extremely rare (because, as is, they do not even exist), and I dare say these 3 "limited edition" characters do not exist either.

That's my gripe.

At this point, if Moose wants my support and a favorable review (since overall I do like the characters and concept or else I would not have dropped so much $$$ to begin with)... they might have to go ahead and send me the 5 missing glow-in-the-dark characters, the 5 missing yellow Bin-Fections, all 12 of the other missing characters in at least two colors, as well as Trash Cat, Soggy Tomato, and King Rat. AND I want to see some kind of public apology -- at least a statement on their website.

Thanks to LRG forums for creating a place to vent and discuss. Thanks for reading and responding.

Edited by Rankenstein, 30 September 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#107 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

1. Yes, I first posted these finding on the GPKUG forums. I just now found the LRG forums.

2. I have waited more than a few days and heard nothing from Moose.

3. I am at the point that if there are grounds for legal recourse, I say we take it.

It seems silly to take legal action over toys. But c'mon, they know what they are doing. They have us chasing after figures that are simply not available. AT ALL. By the time it becomes obvious that these characters are NOT in the packs we keep buying, we look like fools -- we've spent hundreds of dollars on duplicates and gotten frustrated over silly little toys.

The bottom line is that half of the figures are NOT available. Meanwhile, all packaging and marketing material says that they ARE.

Furthermore, the rarity distinction included in the packaging are blatantly false.

Don't tell me something is "ulta rare" when clearly it is not, and don't tell me something is "common" when it clearly does not exist.

Again, releasing the missing Trashies in another "wave" does not cut it when all current packaging indicates that they are available NOW.

Even the fact that these are on sale AGAIN may indicate pressure from complaining customers. All Trash Pack merchandise was "buy two, get one free" last week and all 25% off this week. TRU wants to get the first wave out, get the next wave in, and maybe less people will notice what's missing.

I don't know what is expected or accepted with toy releases, but I find this kind of ploy to get people to buy more and more of your product to be unreasonable and ultimately nothing more than a scam.

I know a bit about trading cards. Look at Topps -- at least they are smart enough to put disclaimers and odds on all their packaging.

Even their attempt at cashing in on the minifigure craze with bland Blinku says this on every pack: "Approximate odds per pack of finding rare Blinku: 1:10."

(Mini-Gripe: Topps drops the ball AGAIN -- they have a whole line of establisted characters called Garbage Pail Kids that were/are ripe and ready to be minifigures that would have decimated the Trash Pack. Instead Topps creates this new line of painfully dull minifigures called Blinku (Toonz in Europe) that are nothing more than a 3rd rate rip-off of the Gogo's Crazy Bones.)

So, what are the approximate odds of finding rare Trashies?

Well, let's see, the "ultra rare" blue Bin-Fections are not rare at all, plenty of "common" Trashies seem to be extremely rare (because, as is, they do not even exist), and I dare say these 3 "limited edition" characters do not exist either.

That's my gripe.

At this point, if Moose wants my support and a favorable review (since overall I do like the characters and concept or else I would not have dropped so much $$$ to begin with)... they might have to go ahead and send me the 5 missing glow-in-the-dark characters, the 5 missing yellow Bin-Fections, all 12 of the other missing characters in at least two colors, as well as Trash Cat, Soggy Tomato, and King Rat. AND I want to see some kind of public apology -- at least a statement on their website.

Thanks to LRG forums for creating a place to vent and discuss. Thanks for reading and responding.

I totally agree, I mailed them weeks ago and got an email back the very next day that says " What country are you from" then promply replied. Its been 17 days and after another 2 emails have gotten no answer. I even called them and they put me on hold for about 20 minutes then hung up on me. Im sure it was an accident ;) They owe us what the product promised. One of the most misleading things I have seen. And out of the 100,000's that have been sold I have heard of no one that has got one of the 3 Special editions.

#108 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

one person posted to the wall of Trash Pack's official facebook that they found one of the limited edition figures (King Rat), and seemed to have a legit profile much older than Trash Pack.

#109 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Facebook comments in regards to the missing Trash pack guys

David Sweet:
I found this all out by trial and error. In other words, by spending way too much money on these things. I have written Moose and gotten no response at all. This is starting to look like a scam to me. Even if the other characters are coming...
See More 11 hours ago

Deneice Tite Ontko:
Are all 166 trashies out there for purchase? September 26 at 6:20pm

Jared Lukaszewicz:
We know how many are SUPPOSED to be available, the question is, is it actually possible to complete a full 166 variation set. So far it seems that all the Trashies are not available and that it is impossible to complete the set. Everyone around the world is finding the same ones. Seems like a big coincidence to me. Yesterday at 2:39am

Jason Johnson:
Why are some figures displayed in fold-out not in the packs!?!?!?! I spent $75 on packs and there are missing figures! I cannot even complete the 166 figure set you say you have. People on eBay dont even have them. Everyone is complaining about missing the same 81ish figures! What is going on with that, please explain! September 24 at 4:44pm

All with no response from Moose

Edited by seekingxar, 30 September 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#110 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

They had this picture on Facebook of the Limited Edition (10,000)

Attached Files

Edited by seekingxar, 30 September 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#111 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

So Moose is playing the "Series X Wave Y" game with yet another collectible toyline.

Color me surprised.

#112 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Seems they only want their beanz to make it, they keep getting lines canceled one right after another.

Was at TRU today and they had a 4 way for the Trashies, here goes the one side with the display.

Posted Image

The sale ended on the 1st.

Posted Image

#113 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Seems they only want their beanz to make it, they keep getting lines canceled one right after another.

Was at TRU today and they had a 4 way for the Trashies, here goes the one side with the display.

Posted Image

The sale ended on the 1st.

nice display, funny how it shows the same figures we are all finding :wallbash:

#114 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Someone posted a picture of 2 of the ones we are missing on the facebook site, but they are from Australia, not the USA.

#115 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Here is a quick pic of my set minus the large can holder

Posted Image

Posted Image

#116 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Here is a quick pic of my set minus the large can holder

Posted Image

Cool collection :)

#117 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

Here is the email I finally got back from moose on the missing figures...

Firstly, I would like to apologize about the delay in response.

You are correct that we have been releasing this product in waves, and can confirm that all characters shown on the Collectors guide will be available this year.

The product in TRU in the US is the same as what is avail in Australia and we have had instances of kids finding some of the characters you have listed below.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer all of your queries in detail; we will endeavour to come back to you as soon as we can.

We thank you again for your patience and understanding.

So they pretty much said tough, deal with it and thanks for your money. :wallbash:

#118 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

They always do this, nobody can be surprised about it.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#119 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

I'm satisfied, honestly...at least they acknowledged it and said they would all be available eventually. I don't doubt they will be.

It's just too bad a lot of people spent a little more money than they would have if they had known. I figred it out quick enough but there are still some available colors I'd like to get.

#120 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

I'm satisfied, honestly...at least they acknowledged it and said they would all be available eventually. I don't doubt they will be.

It's just too bad a lot of people spent a little more money than they would have if they had known. I figred it out quick enough but there are still some available colors I'd like to get.

me to, I think I'm missing 9 from what is currently available

#121 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Here is the email I finally got back from moose on the missing figures...

Firstly, I would like to apologize about the delay in response.

You are correct that we have been releasing this product in waves, and can confirm that all characters shown on the Collectors guide will be available this year.

The product in TRU in the US is the same as what is avail in Australia and we have had instances of kids finding some of the characters you have listed below.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer all of your queries in detail; we will endeavour to come back to you as soon as we can.

We thank you again for your patience and understanding.

So they pretty much said tough, deal with it and thanks for your money. :wallbash:

Thanks for the post. Hopefully since the Australian sighting it means they are indeed being released as waves.

They always do this, nobody can be surprised about it.

What do you think they would have to gain by not releasing all sculpts/variations ?

#122 Bazoon

Bazoon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:05 AM

What do you think they would have to gain by not releasing all sculpts/variations ?

More money due to the fact that every collector buy more and more hoping to get the missing figures in the next pack.

#123 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, they ran this same marketing ploy with FOP and pissed people off. Matter of fact, reading Rankensteins intro post made me think of toysforyou on FOP.

#124 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

Here is a post on Facebook from someone who heard from Moose:

Jason Johnson Letter from Moose Toys:

Hi Jason,

Thank you for providing us with that information, we wanted to ensure that the packs you purchased matched our records.

There are 166 Trashies in total to collect in Series 1. In order to keep the range exciting and to ensure that new Trashies will always be available, they are released in waves. Over 100 Trashies are currently available on shelf now in the USA.

Within the next two months the remaining Trashies will have been released. Completing the Series 1 collection of 166 Trashies.

It is stated in our advertising, that there are over 100 Trashies to collect and over 100 of these characters are available in stores now.

The product available in Toys R Us in the US is the same as what is found in the Australian market place. So if fans are finding some of your missing Trashies in Australia inevitably they will also be found in the US too. Each Trashie belongs to a rarity i.e. Common, Rare, Ultra Rare etc and these are deliberately distributed on a percentage basis with the Ultra rare appearing less frequently across the complete series.

#125 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

A good straight answer, and just what we all expected. Glad it's settled, even if I have to wait to buy any more.

Since there's still more I want anyway out of what's available I'll just get a pack or two per month til I start seeing something new.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com