• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:51 AM

SO what'd you guys think of it? Sadly, I won't get to see it until tonight. I'll be out of town, so I'm setting the VCR to record it. B)

#2 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, skiing, Shaman King, Anime in general(im a junky), hockey, girls,Smackdown(i think the best are ultimo dragon, John Cena, and Rae mysterio[i think i spelled it wrong]), Raw, Velocity, TV, Movies, Games, MXC, MANGA^_-,music, lego(i like bionicle [i knw its childish, but i cant help it]), and snowboarding.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 07:47 AM

That was sweet! The philosiphy thing was kinda confusing though... I liked the Muscle Gravity... really cool! The OLAP part was awesome, when kids arms broke. Why don't they call him man muacle now anyway? The part with warsman was really nice, when he did the slide and stop with the claw, then his armor shattered! He sounded weird too... And when did Robin and Suguru get there?!

#3 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 07:49 AM

i didnt like it very much, it was a good episode however i didnt like the ending that much, i really want to see the manga. B)

#4 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:07 AM

Over all it was pretty good.

Kid gassing everyone just brings you back to the begining.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#5 TdK

TdK

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:14 AM

Fun show.

I mark for Warsman and the OLAP Assault. (Kevin:"I doubt that's even a WORD!")

#6 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:23 AM

I liked it, and how Kid glowed at a brighter blue than Sonic! Still, all that gas he's been holding in during the whole match really teaches us that YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT! And Kid Muscle is Cow with Rice! Hmmm, if that is true about Kid Muscle, then maybe Dr. Eggman is what he eats - FAT! XD
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#7 wpt1031

wpt1031

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:29 AM

I liked it. Its sad to see this might be the end of Ultimate Muscle.

#8 Kinnikushark

Kinnikushark

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:19 PM

This episode was really a joy to watch with only one gripe of how the episode was ended at the very end. As for my reaction on the Kinniku Gravity manuver one word OUCH!!

#9 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:21 PM

Isn't the Muscle Gravity a move that Kid Muscle can do in the PS2 Game? If it is, then I think it is a possible level 3 move.
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#10 SlickNichXenon

SlickNichXenon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

Kid Muscle is easily my fave superhero off all time. To all you people who think Kevin is cool he he he! Finally the lazy, no confidence, ain't never gonna get no action, irritable bowel hero has won! Finally a person who believed neither in good nor evil won. He did it for all people like me; not all you k001 cliche anime fan Kevin Mask lovers (I'm looking at you Leek :unsure: ). Kinniku Gravity was the sweetest move ever (thank Andrew he didn't use the Muscle Millenium [2nd worst move to OLAP]). Now that the series is over though I don't think I have a reason to live so I'm gonna fly to Japan and jump in front of a train (I mean they make the episodes better; at least the way so many of you equate it to heaven). Nah I'm probably just gonna sit around and wait for Galactic Wrestling to never be released and then if I ever get to be a multimillionaire and learn Japanese I'll get the original series. Oh and instead of Man Muscle can't Kinniku Mantaro work?

#11 Rhandi Mask

Rhandi Mask

The cute wrestler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:46 PM

This ep was kind of a disappointment for me. Though I'm not surprised that they changed it to have Mantaro win the tournament, it still would have been nice to have seen Kev win in the anime, as his victory in the manga was beyond awesome. I suppose this is what one might call catering to American taste.
Posted Image

The Pride of Life - Give a roar!

#12 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:22 PM

Muscle Gravity = :unsure: (no dead emote/smiley so that was the closes I could find)

Swear that mad me gringe when I saw that.

Yeah sad if this is the last one, I was wanting to see the Demon Seed saga animated as well.

Ending was funny but man I did want to see Kid and Rox finally kiss or say Roxanne and Jackie end up getting into a little brawl to see who would get to and *L* Wally's sister gives Kid the smootch for a good laugh.

Oh well dunno how long I can take it but my fingers are crossed to see if any more Ultimate Muscle will come out. I have the Manga on order so will be waiting to hear any news.

Oh yeah Loved Seeing Warsman finally showing himself, I let out a cheer when finally saw him on screen and not in a flashback.

#13 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:56 PM

Crap. My mom called me during the last 10 minutes of U/M, so I totally missed it from when Mantaro and Kevin were shaking hands.

Mantaro gassed the folks in the stadium? Awwww, man! :unsure:

Ah, well, I'm sure I'll see it on DVD.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#14 U/MForever

U/MForever

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 03:13 PM

The finale had to be the greatest episode of U/M EVA! I probably would have liked to see Kevin win, but the way The Kid came back after almost loosing his arms and achieving Ultimate Ultimate Muscle, it was plain amazing.

I don't think that this is the final episode of the series though. On the FoxBox they called it the season finale not the series finale. And in all the rest of their ended shows they said it was the series finale! Hopefully I'm right and we'll all get another season.

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:30 PM

I don't think that this is the final episode of the series though. On the FoxBox they called it the season finale not the series finale. And in all the rest of their ended shows they said it was the series finale! Hopefully I'm right and we'll all get another season.

No, so far Toei has only made up to episode 77 (today's ep). 4Kids, as far as I know hasn't contracted any further epsides for the USA, and Japan is still playing this season over there. Toei may possibly make more episodes past this one, but if they do, they will only air in Japan. :unsure:

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:58 PM

Okay, I just watched it. It was lame. Although the new move was pretty sweet!

#17 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:24 PM

Well... I didn't like how Warsman/Flash's mouth didn't open and close during his speaking... That didn't fit...

...and I was quite depressed at the ending... It just didn't give enough closure... It ends with a FUGGIN' FART JOKE...

...that just wasn't good, considering we know that this could be the final episode...

On an up note, the possibility of Kid waking up in a hospital bed with Meat beside him, and something like this happening:

'What happened?  Why am I in this hospital bed?'  Kid Muscle groggily asks Meat, who is sitting next to the bed still bandaged, but not as heavily.

'Kevin broke both of your arms and pulled them out of socket.  You pulled yourself together, Kid, but you passed out in the middle of his Big Ben Bash.  Good thing Kevin stopped the move, or I'm not sure you'd BE waking up!'  Meat replies tearily.

'I... Lost?  You mean it was just a dream?  I'm Not Undefeated??!'  Kid Muscle exclaims, vaulting out of bed onto the floor, as his cast upper body has no mobility.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#18 Raven Man

Raven Man

Backround-Filler Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

I prefer the GC game Warsman's "I DECLARE WAR ON YOU!" voice. Heh heh heh...

#19 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:21 AM

Let's hear him say that on the PS2 with the Anime voice (Lord Flash, that is)!

#20 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:33 AM

Someone show us the manga instead! Must be better!

#21 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:06 AM

I wasn't very pleased that they changed the voice, the one from the game would have been better. And the ending to the series, that could have been a helluva lot better to, a fart joke? Pathetic...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#22 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, skiing, Shaman King, Anime in general(im a junky), hockey, girls,Smackdown(i think the best are ultimo dragon, John Cena, and Rae mysterio[i think i spelled it wrong]), Raw, Velocity, TV, Movies, Games, MXC, MANGA^_-,music, lego(i like bionicle [i knw its childish, but i cant help it]), and snowboarding.

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:39 AM

I tought they shoulda used the " I DECLARE A WAR ON YOU" voice.... It was way better! by a million!

The ending was really crappy... I want more than fart and cow n rice. I want moore Suguru/Robin/Kevin/Mantaro/Wars talk!!!!

#23 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:10 AM

i still say kevins a lot better than kid no matter how it ended :woot: .

i cant believe there are no new episodes coming to the UK either,
ill just have to cope with watching repeats :lol:

#24 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:29 AM

damn it! I got Baseball insted of UM! :lol: but already im pretty disapointed at the episodes from what people discribled me. Oh well,hopefuly,this will not afect how the Demon Seed Saga will turn out when it gets aired.

#25 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:20 PM

^^; I LOVED his dub voice. Maddie did a great job at the Russian accent. I think it fit him better then that "World War 3" thing. Dan Green does enough voices as it is, and he's abit limited.

I want to hug Maddie, and Warsman X3

I felt so sorry for Kevin when Warsman just left him. Poor Kebby..

I'm the only one that likes the anime voice better than the GC one ^^;

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com