132 replies to this topic

#1 BlacktownWalrus

BlacktownWalrus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hello all I am new to this forum but have been collecting BB & LB for a couple years.  I noticed quite a few LB weapons on ebay that are not listed as reproductions.  But I noticed with the silver weapons the color looks off to me and almost look to perfect.  The Gold weapons are harder to judge but if the silver ones are reproductions I assume they are too.  I remember a big lot of repro weapons selling from China a while back.  I was wondering what any of you think that have been collecting a lot longer?  Wanted to just put it out there so someone doesn't overpay thinking its the real thing.  I'll post a link to Mantfrenzy's weapon, you'll have to search ebay to look at the others.  

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d0c9c30e4

#2 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I am inclined to agree.

It's hard to be sure, but from these pictures it looks like none of the silver weapons have the faint marbling seen in the real weapons. Additionally, I own a few of the Chinese repros and these look quite similar in color tone & casting. 

Edited by Coelocanth, 16 May 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#3 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

I am inclined to agree.

It's hard to be sure, but from these pictures it looks like none of the silver weapons have the faint marbling seen in the real weapons. Additionally, I own a few of the Chinese repros and these look quite similar in color tone & casting. 

Are the repro weapons flexible?

#4 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Are the repro weapons flexible?

I remember them as being noticeably less flexible than the real ones. I will have to confirm at home.

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hello all I am new to this forum but have been collecting BB & LB for a couple years.  I noticed quite a few LB weapons on ebay that are not listed as reproductions.  But I noticed with the silver weapons the color looks off to me and almost look to perfect.  The Gold weapons are harder to judge but if the silver ones are reproductions I assume they are too.  I remember a big lot of repro weapons selling from China a while back.  I was wondering what any of you think that have been collecting a lot longer?  Wanted to just put it out there so someone doesn't overpay thinking its the real thing.  I'll post a link to Mantfrenzy's weapon, you'll have to search ebay to look at the others.  

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d0c9c30e4

With the market for laser beast stuff being so ridiculously inflated, I'm going to safely assume that the seller would not list the weapon for $0.10.

But then again, I'm sure stranger things have happened.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

With the market for laser beast stuff being so ridiculously inflated, I'm going to safely assume that the seller would not list the weapon for $0.10.

But then again, I'm sure stranger things have happened.

Though, the starting price doesn't really matter. The recent batch of real Laser Beast weapons were each started at $0.99 and went for between $67 & $150+.

#7 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Though, scratch all that. If it's the same LRG member Venom that recently said he'd be selling his collection soon, then they're probably legit. (And I base that on the responses in his thread by long-time members).

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Well spotted and good to mention. I hadn't bumped into these or noticed them on Ebay yet but I can guarantee these are REPO weapons.

Actually I've been diving into this whole Chinese repo situation not to long ago with another member out here since we were both a little bit suprised about the loose weapons that showed up on the Bay and the fact that a few of them were missing. Because as most of you know those Chinese repo sets that have been sold out on Ebay didn't contain all the 36 LB weapons either. So far all the loose guns out on Ebay were legit but this is clearly a case of repo's which is a logic result of the current sale prices of the previous mentioned original guns!

So I've been warning about this since the first moment I saw them on Ebay when they were sold as Repo's but now the moment has come someone else is trying to make money out of the current price situation selling Repo's as original guns (at least nothing is mentioned) and of course this is something we cannot accept!

To make sure nobody out here is overpaying here are the facts;

Attached File  Chinese Repo gun set.jpg   76.32K   41 downloads

The original photo of the Chinese Repo set, make sure you look at the missing guns which aren't listed by this Ebay seller either!

And here is the original discussion topic about that set were the limited difference between the orginals is discussed;

http://www.littlerub...139354&p=456301

Thanks to Saleen who was willing to share the info.

So be aware because those LB guns sold by venomtwb are 100% REPRODUCTIONS AND NOT THE ORIGINALS!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#9 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

This begs the question - what is a reproduction LB gun worth? I'll add that I don't have any LB yet and would just want for the novelty. Possibly placeholders for when/if I acquire any w/out weapon. Or is it poor form to even bid on these?

#10 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

This begs the question - what is a reproduction LB gun worth? I'll add that I don't have any LB yet and would just want for the novelty. Possibly placeholders for when/if I acquire any w/out weapon. Or is it poor form to even bid on these?

I was going to bid on them but the guy won't ship to Canada and won't take questions. (I was going to ask if he would ship to Canada, sometimes you just have to ask!)

I'll never pay for the originals with the current "evaluations" on these things.

Not sure if it's regarded as poor form or not but unfortunately not everyone is made of money. I say, bid on them if you wish. It's your money and your business. If people don't like it, you can always pretend you never bought them.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#11 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

No these repo guns certainly do have some value but MUCH LESS than we've seen the originals sell for recently. But since those (originals) listed on Ebay fetched prices from $80 - $150 each, which are quite the normal prices for these rare guns (except the lower 12 LB (#77-88)), I think this seller most have seen some $$ signs thinking it was an easy way to make some money. The original set of all those Chinese Repo lasers sold for around $200 is I'm correct and I know some people who had second chance offers which were for much lower prices as there were quite a few sets of these produced. So knowing that and the amount of 33 guns in there the buyer payed around $6/each. As we can all see now those are pretty well done repo's as they might bring the doubt with them off being geniuine LB guns which was the worry from the begining but they are far from the prices the originals would go for. I'd say prices around $15 - $20 would be max for one of those guns and I don't think it is wise to bid much more for it but of course that's up to everyone themselve BUT ONLY IN CASE THEY DO REALISE ON WHAT THEY ARE BIDDING! Because if not and they bid prices like up tot $100 or over thinking its an original gun which they've seen sold a couple of days ago than its for sure a scam.

To prevent this I've already contacted the seller asking if he might have missed adding some crucial information about these items and asked him if he'd like to add this because he has repo guns.

We'll see if he's willing to change it but in case he doesn't act after this request its clear we've to look out for this seller and prevent LRG members to bid on them as if they are originals.  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#12 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

That's my dilemma and I appreciate the great response(s). I would love to grab one or 2 I've been coveting since starting my collection a few years back. But I also don't want to be part of a problem where good members get ripped off or where collectors have to search through hundreds of fakes to find a genuine weapon. I check ebay daily and neither real or fakes are flooding that avenue so maybe I'm good to grab a couple. Just don't want to look back a year from now and feel like I'm part of a problem that may exist. I bid one dollar on the kickback gun (my favorite) and it's the highest bid. Does that mean the auction has no reserve? If true, they would most certainly have to be fakes without any doubt - not that anyone still thinks they're real currently.

#13 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

I bet you this person seen Venoms post here about listing his collection and seen an opportunity. The username with the word venom and low feedback score stick out to me. Venom has been a collector for years and I can guarantee he has a higher feedback score than 16. Just my 2 cents.

@Coelocanth: Please do confirm the flexibility between the repro and the original weapons. I am curious :drinks:

#14 BlacktownWalrus

BlacktownWalrus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for all the great responses.  I don't care if you bid on them and get them for a lot less than the originals.  But like GNJL I don't like someone selling reproductions and not letting the buyers know what they are or trying to pass them off as originals.  It's just not right.  I'm glad GNJL contacted him about this and we'll see if he will make it right.  Thanks a lot everyone

#15 alexveriotti

alexveriotti

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

I bet you this person seen Venoms post here about listing his collection and seen an opportunity. The username with the word venom and low feedback score stick out to me. Venom has been a collector for years and I can guarantee he has a higher feedback score than 16. Just my 2 cents.

@Coelocanth: Please do confirm the flexibility between the repro and the original weapons. I am curious :drinks:

I'm pretty new to this forum but it seems that what everyone is saying about this venom fellow merits a great deal of respect and credibility.  I can't see such a commited collector dump some of his most cherished pieces with such a simple item desription as "Laser Beast weapon #108, KickBack, used."

That, and ebay won't find any of these weapons (beside fennic's?) under a geneal "battle beasts" search.

#16 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hi guys I also contacted him and no reply.
There is going to be alot of people out there that will bid on these laser beast weapons thinking they are real.
It is not fair on people I am going to contact eBay tomorrow and report these weapons your not allowed to sell fake clothing so you shouldn't be able to sell fake toys. I wouldn't mind if he had repo in the description but it is unfair on people.
I hope none of you mind me doing this.

#17 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

I can confirm that while the original LB weapons have a slight elasticity (more than slight in thinner places), the repro weapons are quite rigid in comparison.

Hi guys I also contacted him and no reply.
There is going to be alot of people out there that will bid on these laser beast weapons thinking they are real.
It is not fair on people I am going to contact eBay tomorrow and report these weapons your not allowed to sell fake clothing so you shouldn't be able to sell fake toys. I wouldn't mind if he had repo in the description but it is unfair on people.
I hope none of you mind me doing this.

I think you're right to do it. I will do the same. After looking at these again, there's no doubt in my mind that they're repros. The silver weapons have none of the faint marbling of the originals and have a very faint opacity around hard edges which is not seen at all in the real thing.

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

That might be venom. The town is correct. If it is him then I'd bet it is a legit weapon.

#19 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

I got a reply from venomtwb on my request to add the crucial information to as well header and decription, this is the reply I received;

''Thank you for the information, I can assure you my are original as I hate reproductions, These come from my collection and will be putting my LB up along with my sdbb and drills.''

So based on this we can possibly conclude a few things SLTY is right and somebody else has used Venom's announcement to list these out on Ebay OR Venom is indeed the one who's been listing these, which I still think is strange since than he should've announced it here I guess?

Looking at the guns I'm 100% sure these are reproductions so there is no doubt about it also if you look at the other facts around it with the missing guns which also were not available in the Chinese repo set. Knowing that and the fact that this post can be read out in the open I wouldn't be surprised to see a genuine weapon listed by this seller within the next hours/days which was not in that Chinese repo set to create some grey area around his listings. So again there is no doubt the pictured weapons are repo's so either we have to deal with a scammer who's acting like Venom or Venom is listing his originals and was to lazy to make his own pics and ripped them from the Chinese repo gun file resulting in the clear repo pics (which I still think is weird) or Venom himself has been one of the first victims in this repo scam and he really did thought he was dealing with originals (which somehow is hard to believe as well).  

Anyway for me this doesn't change a thing about the listings and I still strongely sugest everyone out here to be aware of these listings.

UPDATE:

I can tell you one thing that this time we are lucky those brown colored weapons show up with the obvious Silver Repo guns knowing they were part of the exact same set but if these would've showed up without those Silver ones I'm pretty sure a lot of us would get burned so knowing that there's a big chance I've bought my last weapons off of Ebay because from the picture its is almost impossible to tell the brown weapons are repo's!!! And looking at some of the current bids I wouldn't be surprised these will go up as if the originals which is a BAD and concerning development. An issue I've been warning about the first moment these Chinese sets showed up............

Edited by GJNL, 17 May 2013 - 12:26 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#20 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

Someone should message the guy and have him update the thread so we can see if it is Venom. Just tell him to submit a post claiming the auctions. I know I sent Venom a pm a day after he announced the thread and have not received a response here yet. His privacy settings are cranked up so you can not tell when he was last on the site.

I would think with all the concern he would come here to try and straighten things out. After all I am sure he would want the most out of them and with all this negative talk I know I would show up and defend my auctions to make sure everyone felt comfortable to bid.

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

He was last on the board on the 12th.

#22 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

I sent him an email.

If it's Venom, then I am 100% certain they are legit.

Retro, I think you should wait to hear from Venom before you start contacting eBay. You yourself recently had an auction with an unannounced bootleg in it:
http://www.littlerub...howtopic=163254
No one here jumped and contacted ebay. We gave you the benefit of the doubt assuming that you didn't realize that the bootleg was of a very expensive figure and waited for you to answer and update the description.

#23 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

I've been trying to contact Venom as well, as we were close to working out a trade on LB stuff a few weeks ago, he didn't get back to me anymore and than he suddenly announced to go on and sell all his stuff...... Its at least a little bit strange.

Jon, I appreciate you are backing Venom in here because as long as we ain't sure those auctions are his there is no way we should judge him about it BUT backing these listings telling are 100% legit in case it is Venom is a wrong thing to do in my opinion as they clearly are 100% REPRO's whether it is Venom who's behind it or not.

I was clear about this from the beginning based on the pics and info but for the people who're still not convinced this is what I found in the feedback of Mr. venomtwb (16 Yellow Star) out on the Bay;

GREAT BUYER! IF U LIKE,LEAVE ME A FB 2 ENCOURGE Seller: Nov-24-12 04:21   -- (#251173307796) --  

AND LOOK WHO WE HAVE HERE!  Mr. imountainteachter (our Chinese repo set seller) has left him some feedback for his purchase!!!

So we can also exclude now that the seller is not aware of it being repo's because we all know this Chinese seller DID change the description and DID mention it were repo's the moment I contacted him about it so there can be no doubt about this at all!

So far I've been able to trace a few people who actually have placed a bid on the guns (like the Grotess which has gone up to $28 already) to make sure they're aware of this scam.......... I've no other words for it and all information and facts found say more than enough. I can only hope this isn't Venom........ 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#24 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

AND LOOK WHO WE HAVE HERE!  Mr. imountainteachter (our Chinese repo set seller) has left him some feedback for his purchase!!!

So we can also exclude now that the seller is not aware of it being repo's because we all know this Chinese seller DID change the description and DID mention it were repo's the moment I contacted him about it so there can be no doubt about this at all!

Maybe he's selling his originals because he's got reproductions. That's what I would do if I had both and wanted some easy profit.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#25 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Maybe he's selling his originals because he's got reproductions. That's what I would do if I had both and wanted some easy profit.

That's a nice thought, but... probably not what's happening.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com