Theme© by Fisana

Photo

I'm here for my pound of FLESH! (M.U.S.C.L.E. for me)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:54 AM

I'm looking for these guys in original pink:

(Multiples can be good!)

Plenty to trade, plenty on PayPal, plenty for you!

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

Take the time to post the correlating pics for these and you'll probably get them quicker. I did this and had a lot more success getting responses when putting together my own flesh set last year (got all 236 from trades in about 3 months :) )

Not many people (myself included) know the figures by the number, but here are the spare MUSCLE I have if you need any of them. Wooden armed dude on the right is a bootleg

muscle.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 10 July 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#3 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

Yeh I'd agree with the above post - I posted pics alongside numbers and it helped me finish off my full set quickly.

#4 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

Take the time to post the correlating pics for these and you'll probably get them quicker. I did this and had a lot more success getting responses when putting together my own flesh set last year (got all 236 from trades in about 3 months :) )

Not many people (myself included) know the figures by the number, but here are the spare MUSCLE I have if you need any of them. Wooden armed dude on the right is a bootleg

muscle.jpg

Thanks for the advice, but I'm in no real rush.   I'm only missing a few dozen, and I've got close to 200 spares.   I should have my second set within a couple weeks.   

Regarding corresponding pics, I'm not sure I know how to do that, truth told.  I mean, I of course know where the pics/guides are, but from there I'm not sure of the process.  Is this something that someone would be willing to do for me? 

Besides, I'm sure there are at least a few seasoned Muscle vets here that can easily match number to sculpt based on memory.

Oh, and you have a few I need, but not really enough to make the shipping worthwhile.   I'd like to get these remaining guys in a couple/few chunks.  Thanks, though.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#5 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

Musclefigures.com has complete checklists and color guides- Tiny.  Check it out!  Some cool stuff on that site-

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

there are definitely a few guys on here who  know them by number but as many or more who don't yet might have the ones you're looking for. The process involves looking at one of the guides online and copying the image url, then pasting it into an image embed in your post here (or saving them and uploading them to the post from your computer if you feel guilty about hotlinking). People just usually aren't going to take the time to do the extra work for you. Not trying to give you a hard time, just offering observed best practices.

Edited by bachamn, 10 July 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#7 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

there are definitely a few guys on here who  know them by number but as many or more who don't yet might have the ones you're looking for. The process involves looking at one of the guides online and copying the image url, then pasting it into an image embed in your post here (or saving them and uploading them to the post from your computer if you feel guilty about hotlinking). People just usually aren't going to take the time to do the extra work for you. Not trying to give you a hard time, just offering observed best practices.

I'll take my chances with a list.   All of this is an exercise in fun, for me; not so into the nitpickery or the odd technical detail.  

Having people do technical things like that for me is nothing new to me, and I'd certainly never ask anyone to do even the mildest task without compensation of some sort.  My eyesight is very poor due to reasons out of my control, in fact I'm considered legally blind.   I find myself having a hard time with certain computer-related tasks, and processes that are routine for most can become very frustrating.   I'll make an error, and another, and then things snowball into frustration.

But of course, you had no way of knowing this.

Also, "Not trying to give you a hard time" usually implies the exact opposite, like these classics -- "Dude, I'm not trying to be a dick, but..."  and  "I don't mean to be rude, but...".  Typically, the speaker is in fact about to be rude, a dick, etc.     

Typically but not always, of course.   ;)

Thanks to those that have contacted me so far!  Shouldn't be much longer!   :)

#8 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

In my experience a really good site to use for this purpose (and what I used when completing my set) is Nathan's Muscle Blog http://nathansmuscleblog.blogspot.com/ . There is actually a tab that scrolls down and you can select each number. The Muscle with the corresponding number pops up. If you don't know the number you can use the convenient descriptive terms to the right that automatically filters out unrelated Muscles. These descriptions undoubtedly saved me many hours when I first started collecting. -Thanks Nathan! It's awesome that people take the time out to create all these awesome online sources for others to use at their leisure, free of charge.

Once the image of the Muscle pops up you can mouse/cursor over the image and right click. Options will show up and left click "copy image." You can then go into your post and right click again and choose "post image" by left clicking. Voila! This technique comes in rather handy as I have personally used it for many other purposes. Using Nathan's site and this technique, it might take 20 minutes to make a visual checklist of the ones you are looking for.

Hope that is helpful. I am rather technologically inept myself, especially when it comes to computers.

153a.jpg

#9 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Thanks, man.   :)

Yeah, I know about that site and have gone there many times.     As of this minute I'm 35 away from my first set and 120 into my second.  I've got about 50 to swap, just trying to streamline.

Good of you to take the time to explain things.  I'm so bad with that shit, dude.  Embarrassingly.

#10 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

:huh: Also, "Not trying to give you a hard time" usually implies the exact opposite, like these classics -- "Dude, I'm not trying to be a dick, but..."  and  "I don't mean to be rude, but...".  Typically, the speaker is in fact about to be rude, a dick, etc.     
Typically but not always, of course.   ;)

eh, yeah you completely misread that; I was literally just offering advice based on what I had seen in the community and your responses seemed in the tone that you didn't want/need help. Also, what I said didn't follow your examples there about being a dick; I didn't follow it with anything "dickish" but a clarification of my intention.

Anyway, think I'll leave you to it.  :mellow:

#11 groovemachine

groovemachine

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

I'm looking for these guys in original pink:

(Multiples can be good!) 

1, 2, 3, 10, 14, 16, 24, 27, 32, 36, 41, 44, 60, 68, 70, 77, 88, 89, 92, 95, 99, 105, 107, 109, 112, 116, 119, 121, 127, 129, 138, 139, 147, 153, 157, 162, 163, 168, 173, 175, 183, 188, 189, 193, 195, 199, 201, 209, 211, 216, 226

001a.jpg002a.jpg003a.jpg010a.jpg014a.jpg016a.jpg024a.jpg027a.jpg032a.jpg036a.jpg041a.jpg044a.JPG060a.JPG068a.JPG070a.JPG077a.JPG088a.jpg089a.jpg092a.jpg095a.jpg099a.jpg105a.jpg107a.jpg109a.jpg112a.jpg116a.jpg119a.jpg121a.jpg127a.jpg129a.jpg138a.jpg139a.jpg147a.jpg153a.jpg157a.jpg162a.jpg163a.jpg168a.jpg173a.jpg175a.jpg183a.jpg188a.jpg189a.jpg193a.jpg195a.jpg199a.jpg201a.jpg209a.jpg211a.jpg226a.jpg

Plenty to trade, plenty on PayPal, plenty for you!

There ya go TinyPink! Pictures to correspond to the numbers you're missing...

Edited by groovemachine, 02 August 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#12 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:28 PM

Dude, this is so awesome of you.  I owe you a solid.  Please, take a look through my various pictures here and choose something(s) for yourself.

Still need most of these guys!  Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com