85 replies to this topic

#51 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

Let's get prehistoric! ~ ^.^ <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:14 AM

Uh no...I also believe I said the same thing on my forum somewhere. Or maybe I didnt mention it, I dunno. I thought I did though. XD KM is lying either way. I mean, for god sakes he's the one always being perverted and hitting on me and Robin on my forum >< he even admits to being perverted like that, but lol It doesn' t really matter to me. At least he admits it...lol <_<
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#52 Souvenir

Souvenir

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

Yes, and you were perverted to him back. Thought Guy was gonna miss that in the chats, huh? My guess is you were being kind of perverted to each other one day, and you took it too far by asking him to strip for you. But I suppose we'll never know.

Oh, and here, everyone, pretty much sums up what a Mary Sue is:

A typical Mary Sue in original fiction:
A Mary Sue in original fiction is a character that someone has created for their own work, which has little or no faults (and the faults that they do have are cute and quirky). They always get the guy (or girl) and are extremely beautiful. They quickly gain the admiration of everyone, and are well loved by anyone who knows them. Either that, or they had a horrible childhood (usually to gain the reader’s sympathy), and have had soldier on without anybody’s support. Even if they have been abused, they very rarely show any signs of this, and if they do, it’s either depression or an eating disorder. They can pretty much do anything and always win the final battle.

A typical Mary Sue in fan fiction:
This is basically a chance for the writer to experience all their fantasies. They end up becoming romantically involved or having a special relationship with a character (or characters) that the writer is particularly fond of. They have all the traits of the original character Sue (beautiful, talented at everything, always wins etc.).

Of course, there are many Mary Sue variations, but they all boil down to pretty much the same thing: living out the author’s fantasies.

#53 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

No no and the next time King comes around being perverted to either me or Robin, I'll just post up his comments -__- of it will clear things up. KM asked to strip, I said, "Fine Go ahead." I mean, seriously, whatever floats his boat -__- I learned that KM was like that a LONG time ago back when I first met him. he's desperate enough to do anything, and I was wanting a good laugh at how pathetic his attempts were XD I was like "I'm not gonna make you mod anyways..<<" but I think he seriously thought if he did I was gonna make him one. Again, whatever floats his boat... I'm tired of being "raped,paddled, and married" through his IM chats, BUT I tolerate them because it's just how he is. He may be a bit crazy,but he's still my friend...and as he's proven on Guy's site and on mine before...he's definately NOT Mod material.

And yes, no Mary-sues in my 3rd Gen...in fact most of the subplot characters are stronger AND more popular than the main ones so far. XD And Serena is clumsy 99.9% of the time...and doesn't always win...though I won't go into any spoilers <<
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#54 Souvenir

Souvenir

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

No no and the next time King comes around being perverted to either me or Robin, I'll just post up his comments -__- of it will clear things up. KM asked to strip, I said, "Fine Go ahead." I mean, seriously, whatever floats his boat -__- I learned that KM was like that a LONG time ago back when I first met him. he's desperate enough to do anything, and I was wanting a good laugh at how pathetic his attempts were XD I was like "I'm not gonna make you mod anyways..<<" but I think he seriously thought if he did I was gonna make him one. Again, whatever floats his boat... I'm tired of being "raped,paddled, and married" through his IM chats, BUT I tolerate them because it's just how he is. He may be a bit crazy,but he's still my friend...and as he's proven on Guy's site and on mine before...he's definately NOT Mod material.

And yes, no Mary-sues in my 3rd Gen...in fact most of the subplot characters are stronger AND more popular than the main ones so far. XD And Serena is clumsy 99.9% of the time...and doesn't always win...though I won't go into any spoilers <<

Sure, Tclaw, sure. But...if you're tired of it, why are you still his friend? I mean, seriously. He's making a forum with Guy that you seem to loathe, you don't like his IM chats, and we know first hand that you're not the most patient person in the world...just guessing again, but I would say that you enjoyed it.

Oh, and I forgot about the Author Insertion Sue. Sorry...the Author Insertion Sue is exactly what it says on the tin: the writer putting themselves (sometimes polished to make themselves more attractive/powerful) into either original fiction or fan fiction. This is a fairly popular Sue.

#55 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:50 AM

All powerful and self insertion (this counts as being an offspring of your favorite character and what not) are just two of the many things Sues are.

And can you carry your fight over to the PMs? =X;;

#56 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

Still no Sues XD I guess I am anti-sue O.o

And it takes alot to ruin my friendship with someone...alot more than perverted acts...heck, boys will be boys. ;) KM has interesting chats when he's not all pervy (such as chatting about 3rd Gen without begging to be mod) and I've talked to him for awhile now so *shrugs* No, I'm not the most patient person, but I'm also not the most impatient person, either. I don't loathe Guy's site, just don't approve of admins who abuse powers to make Mary-sue's or whatever you call them <_< I dislike God Characters and also people who tend to steal my member's ideas and efforts word for word. Guy's site was a blatant copy of my own, and I didn't appreciate that, so yes, I made him change it (I won't back down from complaining about that, sorry). I still help him out (he's going to tell me whan he needs that program and whatnot) because I'm just not mean enough to watch his site sit and collect dust...<< even if it is a copy of my own.
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#57 Souvenir

Souvenir

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

All powerful and self insertion (this counts as being an offspring of your favorite character and what not) are just two of the many things Sues are.

Too true, KnuxieChan. The wonderful world of Sue is extremely large.

Guess we really ought to, if we're going to continue fighting. I'm not going to stop having my say if Tclaw or her minions post something argumentative again, but if we're done here, I'm happy to shut up.

#58 Souvenir

Souvenir

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

Still no Sues XD I guess I am anti-sue O.o

And it takes alot to ruin my friendship with someone...alot more than perverted acts...heck, boys will be boys. ;) KM has interesting chats when he's not all pervy (such as chatting about 3rd Gen without begging to be mod) and I've talked to him for awhile now so *shrugs* No, I'm not the most patient person, but I'm also not the most impatient person, either. I don't loathe Guy's site, just don't approve of admins who abuse powers to make Mary-sue's or whatever you call them <_< I dislike God Characters and also people who tend to steal my member's ideas and efforts word for word. Guy's site was a blatant copy of my own, and I didn't appreciate that, so yes, I made him change it (I won't back down from complaining about that, sorry). I still help him out (he's going to tell me whan he needs that program and whatnot) because I'm just not mean enough to watch his site sit and collect dust...<< even if it is a copy of my own.

Isn't "your site" just a hostile takeover of Guy's site? It was, after all, his idea originally, and you took away his admin powers without even a proper discussion (probably something you were just waiting to do). If you want to talk about copying ideas, we should talk about Robin's blatant copy of Guy's Jaeger Jr. Oh, and if KM's your friend, how come you keep bashing him? Seems like quite a weird friendship to me.

Also, an idea we could both take on board is moving this to PMs, if you must insist on losing more arguments to me.

#59 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

Basically,

You're all pinheaded for fighting about this.
Posted Image

#60 Twiztid Doll

Twiztid Doll

HURR???

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing. I also enjoy writing (mostly poetry though), reading, learning about different cultures, getting to know different people, a FEW animes, anything revolving around ghosts and/or zombies (Fatal Frame FTW), roleplaying, playing MMO's, etc...

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

You know...I HARDLY ever post here. Heck, I think it's been a year since I last posted.

Anyway, I saw the mention of Mary-Sues (*gag*) and thought I'd mention this site -> Semi Sue. It's pretty good learning material for those who want to make OC's, but are afraid they might end up as Mary-Sues. That might help out with...whatever everyone is working on.

That being said, I agree with Grizzledman there. It's really silly to get into a fight with people over the internet, especially if you don't even know them in real life. The best thing to do is to just shrug and move on.

Well, I've said my 2 cents, time to drift back into the shadows <_<

#61 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

Yep. I kinda just PMed her and shrugged at it just now. Told her I was wasting my time. <_< I guess if she PMs back I just won't reply. Good enough for me. LOL
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#62 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

Now I'm just a regular hyper chicken from a simple backwater town but TClaws site rules. They have one thing no one else will ever have.....................ME! mwa ha ha I.m the often imitated never duplicated incorruptable Jaguar Muscle!!! bows for your applause. Remember mess with TClaw and I'll make your back crack,your liver quiver, and your spine shine!! yeah yeah...........................BOOM!

#63 Souvenir

Souvenir

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:04 PM

Surely the ultimate way to shrug at this is to stop posting on it? Nothing productive has come out of it, and people just keep coming on and commenting about the argument. In fact, the ultimate shrug is probably deletion. But whatever, it's not my forum. I only came on to prove a point, and now must leave Earth for no raisin...Jaguar Muscle, Futurama rules!

#64 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

I only came on to prove a point, and now must leave Earth for no raisin...Jaguar Muscle, Futurama rules!

Futurama does RULE. But so does TClaws site.

#65 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

lol I don't like Futurama much, but thanks Jaguar ^^

Yeah yeah........BOOM! <_<

And yes, a very talented member you are! Without you, there would be no Jaque! And no "Yeah yeah.....BOOM!" XD
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#66 Staplerman

Staplerman

Boring teenager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

So if I for example create a SteCase King offspring and happens to be a huge fan of him that character is considered a mary stue/gary stue? I possibly just got it all wrong but I wonder anyhow.
Posted Image

#67 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

I really don't think that is the case...some people just stay away from all offspring OCs (bad thing to do really) because they MIGHT turn out to be, which I find both unfair to the creator and the character. The only way it will become a Mary-stue/Gary-stue is if the character turns out to be unbeatable and an all out "perfect" character who will basically just fulfill the writer's fantasies. I know for a fact your characters are reasonable and realistic, and though some are famous, can lose and be beaten, ruining their Stue potential. <_<

And as I said, as much as I'd like Imsek to be perfect and never lose and be all popular and powerful...I also like him the way he is, which is perfectly NORMAL and capable of defeat and unpopularity ^^ That's what makes the third gen so attractive, because they are a new realistic cast of characters who can both make us proud AND disappoint us.
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#68 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:30 PM

Eh, thanks for the invite (if that's what it was) T-Claw, but I'm not joining.. nor giving out any info on my evil OCs or my good-guy OCs...

...and I wanna add something..

The moral of THIS story: kids make poor progress when they are the authority *grin*
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#69 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:35 PM

lol NO XD I just like seeing OCs and reading about them. They interest me. ;) Yus, I have learned my lesson about giving out authority positions to random people. I wish I would have learned it sooner. <_<
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#70 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:12 PM

Just like raising a dog, being an admin/mod means you have to take great responsibility. I was admin and forums creator of the original GenEx (and sorta the little ring-leader of Team Confetti, as we called our little group ^^; ) and I didn't ban anyone that got into a fight. I tried to SOLVE the problems, not push them away temporarily. I took responsibility because I knew what it took to be an admin by watching how other admins operate. I'm not power-hungry, and I carefully chose some of the members to be mods.

Just a little tip for your future forums-ruling. They're not just textings over the internet you can control or boss around. Just remember that. Some could even be older than you. (not accusing you, just advice)

I just hope you did a bit of thinking and planning before you jumped to the admin-level in your own message board.
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#71 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

I run about 5 active forums...been running forums for around oh, 10 or so years, and I still am too nice and not strict enough. <_< It's one of my flaws, even after being an admin for so long...I almost never seem to learn that there are those who only want power and control of a forum (I amone of those types who believe that people are all GOOD, and at least deserve a chance....or a million chances...). In actuality, I didn't see it in Guy to begin with...maybe he really didn't want such at first, and even after I let him break a few rules and still kept him as co-admin, I found myself feeling guilty for letting the majority of the members down to appease him just because he held admin ranking.

Perhaps it is my fault for letting him get away with so much that he decided to create his god-like character, but I felt I had to put my foot down after that. I did ask him politely to change the character just a little after my members complained. I don't think even as admins, that we should get better treatment than the average member. I'll probably never think that way, though I have to be honest and admit I did allow it to go on...It was only after asking him multiple times and after he threatened to make a power-hungry (I saw through this one...even let him be mod for a very few hours just to see how it went. The guy was CONSTANTLY pestering me about promoting him, even when he did nothing of use for the group really AND talked bad about some really faithful and good members there) member into a mod without group consent, that I de-adminned him. I felt that having two people who used their power to control the whole group was dangerous to the fan project...and the members had put alot of effort and time into it already.

Do I still feel guilty about de-adminning Guy, YES. Do I regret such a decision...NO. I don't like others being angry with me at all, but having a few people hate me to save the others' hard work is a decision I felt I had to make, even though I hated breaking such friendship. I'll admit I've said some pretty nasty things....I'm human, and I do get a temper, ESPECIALLY when one of my members is picked on. People saying things about myself really doesn't set me off...just when my friends are involved.

I hope to those I've hurt accept my apology. I really don't mean some of the things I say...but I am NOT the most patient of people, and I had a very traumatizing experience last night that has left me on edge, so I was more hostile today than on others. I really hold nothing against Guy, but I really with he wouldn't spread lies about me and my friends (sex/strip whatever thing, though I know more than likely it was KM who fed him that lie so KM could get to be mod - he even told me how he was planning on convincing Guy to make him one anyhow)...I still wanted to help Guy out...It was the reason I stated I'd give him my animation program O.o so I hope nobody feels hated by me. I get a temper sometimes, but so does everyone else. But I'm sorry if someone's feelings were hurt. I can get an acid tongue sometimes...<<

With all of that aside...Er...I have work to do on 3rd Gen. I'll bring updates to the updates thread here later...I know some of you (well one or two in particular) are awaiting that...LOL
Let's Get Prehistoric!

#72 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:51 PM

..You have much to learn, young grasshopper.

One thing you have to have when you're top-authority is self-control. Without that, people aren't going to want to join your forums unless they can weasel their way into persuading you to promote them.

I don't promote people until I think they should be promoted. My friend Kayla (a classmate irl, so I knew her personally) was the 2nd administrator. I haven't promoted anyone until I saw that they would be able to uphold the position a mod has.

..and I don't recall any messages boards being around ten years (or so) ago. O.o;
Posted Image

#73 Tyrannoclaw

Tyrannoclaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:02 PM

Nope. This is the FIRST time I have made the mistake of promoting people I wasn't familiar with. I have tolerated alot of rude members, before though. Not promoting a member and being cautious is what caused the argument on my forum, but I held my ground ^^ I have really good self control when it comes to forums and my forums are always active and quite popular, especially with teaching the younger members to roleplay and such. It has earned me the internet name "mommy" to some...<<

I started my first messaging type board around 10 years ago O.o Is was nothing like the forums I have today, but there were some. <_< I don't have those anymore. I eventually just move on and on as more and better versns of forum hosting as they were released, but yes, I'm pretty sure it was around 10 or so years ago that I made my first.

And now I feel really very old....

Edited by Tyrannoclaw, 30 June 2007 - 07:03 PM.

Let's Get Prehistoric!

#74 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:11 PM

Tell me... how do you resolve fights?

As in.. do you temporarily ban them? Do you give them warnings?

....and "mommy"? O_o;
Posted Image

#75 Jaeger gal

Jaeger gal

" Live & Let Live "

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Anime, video games, movies, and writing fan fictions.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:17 PM

she puts me on leash and locks me in my cage.....sadly XD\

mommy wtf 2 XD umm....ok than, I know u as an older sister but not as my mommy....XD
I promised mom and dad,the moment before they died...that I would join the justice federation...and use my powers for the world,for the people...
Jeager in volume 7

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com