11 replies to this topic

#1 boardnasty

boardnasty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

I started collecting Battle Beasts on August 24th 2014 because my brother got me interested in them. 

I bought series 1, 2 and 3 all together in a big buy on eBay. Then I managed to buy about 90% of the Laser Beasts from one of the members of this board and made up the remaining 10% from scouring the internet each day.

Once I had completed series 1, 2, 3 and the Lasers I went after the 'Premium' figures. These took a little longer for me to track down and even when I did its seemed that people weren't so quick to part with their rare figures but thankfully I managed it. 

I first bought a Clear Carp, then a Clear Gator, then I found my first 3 Gumball figures. In time I got my hands on a Stone Cobra (I now have 2 in my collection) and a Clear Striped Carp.

For me the line of figures that excited me the most were the super rare Gumballs. 

I spent literally EVERY single day browsing the internet searching for these white coloured figures. 

Eventually I managed to track down these figures and today I have a complete Battle Beasts collection including the following:

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3

Laser Beasts

SD beasts

Gumball Beasts

Premium figures

I'm super happy to have completed my collection and I had so much fun in the process tracking each figure down. Thank you to the people who helped me along the way in selling me their figures and providing information to me. 

I am an English guy living in Hong Kong and most of my collection is in England but I have my favourite figures here in Hong Kong and pictures of these figures that I will post for you guys to see. 

I have never actually seen a full set of Gumball Beasts in anyones collection. The closest I've seen is a French member of this forum who appeared to be missing 1 or 2 figures so if I'm the first person to post a full set on here then thats just damn cool.

To all the new members who are starting off their collection or the members who are part-way through theirs, enjoy the hunt and share the experience.

Thanks everyone and happy hunting... 

Attached Files

Edited by boardnasty, 08 May 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#2 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Wowzers dude!!

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

Great collection! And I believe there has been a few other collectors in the past that have had a full gumball collection. One for sure did, but sold off his entire collection a few years back.

And all i must think is you have a very high disposable income to have collected that many in sure a short time. :lol:

#4 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Great collection! And I believe there has been a few other collectors in the past that have had a full gumball collection. One for sure did, but sold off his entire collection a few years back.

And all i must think is you have a very high disposable income to have collected that many in sure a short time. :lol:

I was thinking that as well right after I read 2014....I know there are collectors out there that put together an epic collection of these due to being early birds...guys that bought em up in the late 90's and early 2000's. I gotta imagine the price of these has gone up insanely since then. Easily tripled or higher. REGARDLESS of boardnasty's income, gotta give him props for sharing such a great collection. I am curious as to why you never collected any of the Greek or Mexican bootlegs? With a collection this complete and epic I would think you would have. To each their own of course! Still great!

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:05 AM

Congrats with completing this epic collection in record time ;)

Glad I was able to help you out with some of the figs and its been great, but sometimes frustrating at the same time as well lol, to see how you´ve been roaming around all over the place picking up all awesome figs that came by like a BB vacuum cleaner. I´ve seen a lot of people building huge collections in a relatively short time by now but you´ve set a new record for sure although that´s not very strange knowing there´s probably no one out here who was able to compete with you.

There´s indeed at least one more member out here who has a complete Gumball collection (Lord) and a couple who´re close but none of those got their collection completed in the recent period as they go years back. I´ll hopefully be able to get myself a full Gumball set one day as well but for now I´ll fully enjoy the pics of your set because they look great and all seem to be in a very nice condition!

It wasn´t a very long journey for you but its been a legendary one for sure so I can leave my last words here as they seem to be more than in place than ever before; 

Enjoy the Beasts! ;)

Edited by Beastformers, 09 May 2015 - 02:06 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 boardnasty

boardnasty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:56 AM

@ dixiebull:

i was asked by everyones friend 'Mr Beastformers' if i would be interested in starting collecting the greek figures but they don't hold the same interest for me as the good old battle beasts do so i decided to end my collection at the main stream line.

...and yes these little toys are expensive! :)

#7 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

Congrats for sure on acquiring the things that make you happy.  What are you going to go after next?

About how much would you say this collection has cost you in US dollars?

Also, are you a rocket scientist or something? 

I see a rocket theme with your photos and avatar.  :)

Edited by steverotters, 09 May 2015 - 04:53 AM.

#8 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!
You did it mate!
They look brilliant all together love the style of photo you have taken to show them off also.
Allthough you only started in 2014 you have worked really hard to get your collection to the point you have it today.
You have been a class guy from start to finish and I am pleased to have gotten to know you and help you on your journey as have other great members on here.

I will certainly miss my Dailey email from you
"Are you ready to sell me your gum balls yet?"

Great job mate congrats again on the collection and the 2 stone Cobras lol.
Great to have a fellow Brit in the battle beast world.

#9 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

This is so nice my eyes almost hurt and tears starts flowing! Great job collecting and hunting down this.

#10 boardnasty

boardnasty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

Congrats for sure on acquiring the things that make you happy.  What are you going to go after next?

About how much would you say this collection has cost you in US dollars?

Also, are you a rocket scientist or something? 

I see a rocket theme with your photos and avatar.  :)

haha i love your question asking me if i'm a rocket scientist!

i wish!

i just think rocket ships are cool.

roughly i probably spent a little over US$17,000 to complete my collection. it might seem high to some people but with some of the rarer figures and the ones i was more desperate for i didn't mind spending top dollar to ensure that i got them.

#11 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

RESPECT, that is all I can say. Respect to you for having attained the ability to make those kind of purchases.  That is awesome. 

I would love to see the rest of the collection, but I understand if it is in two countries and you cannot take photos right now. 

I would love to see those white figures in a black-backed shadow box.  Such a nice collection deserves a nice display. A 12-cell or 16-cell shadow box should be easy to acquire, or you could go free-form and just attach them into a nice one-cell with fishing line. The amount of figures that you have shown would fit easily into a 12x15 inch shadowbox, maybe even smaller for a tighter presentation. 

#12 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

Wow congratulations man you are a true Beastformers legend!

Thanks for sharing.

bbb3.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gumball

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com