FAN ART CHALLENGE!

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

OK MUSCLE/KINNIKUMAN/BATTLE BEAST FANS!!!!!!!! Here is a change for everyone. We have a but load of Artists on the board. I don't know if there will be any prizes, I kind of though we could just do this for fun.

THE CHALLENGE.
DRAW, SCULPT, CUSTOMIZE, or even GRAPHIC PIC of a MUSCLE/KINNICUMAN as a BATTLE BEAST/LASER BEAST, or a BATTLE BEAST/LASER BEAST as a MUSCLE/KINNICUMAN.

WE have a shizznit load of creative people on the board, and I thought this would be a great way to get the two groups together.

I for one would love to see a Mussle in a BB outfit! Hahahaha!

NO TIME LIMIT, just some good clean fun!!!!

WHAT DO YOU GUYS AND GALS THINK?
WhiteLeo

Edited by roland13, 03 August 2007 - 07:00 PM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#2 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

I think this is a great idea,When i came aboard i only collected M.U.S.C.L.E figures now i have a bunch of BBs thanks to this board.
Its been a while since i have done anything creative so im in.I will show everyone what happens when worlds collide. :(
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

Great Idea Whitey! :crazy: I even have a scanner now! And I too have always wondered what a Muscle would look like in BB armor, or a BB without anything on..........wait a minute.....:(

Posted Image

#4 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

I'm in.

#5 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

I'm in.

I've begun my picture, but because I don't have any Battle Beasts I've run into a problem for reference material. I'm looking for a picture of the BACK of Blitzkrieg Bat. Could anyone help me out? Thanks.

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

In the BB section, there is a checklist link. Pics of them all.

By the way, $10 CASH MAILED OR PAYPALED TO THE WINNER!

#7 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hopefully Tortle sees this and decides to participate. I'd love to see Battle Beast Tortle!
Posted Image

#8 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

you know I'm in. question: are entries posted, or sent to someones inbox to be revealed all at once?
Posted Image

#9 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

you know I'm in. question: are entries posted, or sent to someones inbox to be revealed all at once?

Since Jkaris was nice enough to through a small prize! B) The deadline will be at the end of this month. That sould give plenty of time of people. And post them in here. At the end of the month I will make a poll with all the entries and when winner is chosen the winner gets $10, plus the credit of being the FAN ART CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!! :D

This is more for fun anyways so guys go crazy!!!! Have fun, and anyone can join!!!! The More the Merrier!!!!!!!

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 01 August 2007 - 06:20 PM.

I will never quit.

#10 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:28 AM

Hopefully Tortle sees this and decides to participate. I'd love to see Battle Beast Tortle!

Oh, it's on! For this contest, I think I'll draw it and add photoshop effects, rather than photoshop pics of the actual figures themselves.

By the way, can we post works in progress, or do you just want to see the final work?

#11 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

By the way, can we post works in progress, or do you just want to see the final work?

Yeah, I would love to see the works in progress. I want this to be as fun as possible. So, yeah if you want to show the start of it go ahead.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#12 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

Okay, here's the rough sketch:

Attached Files

#13 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

That's lookin' great! I'm putting one together too. I hope to see a lot of entries.

Edited by kevinmayle, 03 August 2007 - 01:04 PM.

#14 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

SICK.....Sketch looks crazy i love it. :unsure:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

Nate that is effing sweet! :unsure: I can't wait to see more of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, I hope more people join too.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#16 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:02 PM

Sounds like a great contest. I'll throw in a complete Battle Beast to the winner and a Muscle or two, I think I have a couple somewhere. If I find them they can go to the winner. And if you want to sway my favour, Do a custom of the Shark. :unsure:

Eaon

#17 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Wow that is cool. I'm going to sketch one up, but I don't think it will be nearly that cool!

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

Well, I figured I'd do the opposite. Sketched it, inked it, scanned it, then blotched some color into it with paint. :p Not perfect, But I think it's nifty. :D Can we post more than one entry? I'm just playing for the fun of it anyways. Presenting Romain BuffaloMan.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

Well, I figured I'd do the opposite. Sketched it, inked it, scanned it, then blotched some color into it with paint. :D Not perfect, But I think it's nifty. B) Can we post more than one entry? I'm just playing for the fun of it anyways. Presenting Romain BuffaloMan.

Posted Image

Hell yeah! Do as many as you like, it is all for fun!!!!!!!! I love it URS Romain BuffaloMan! :p

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

Cool, I'll probably do another one then. I really can't wait to see Recoom's and Kevin's! :p Why don't you do one too WhiteLeo?

Posted Image

#21 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

Cool, I'll probably do another one then. I really can't wait to see Recoom's and Kevin's! :) Why don't you do one too WhiteLeo?

If I get some free time I just might do that! Will see how everything goes, I am painted my kids room, Pink and Purple they are moving upstairs!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#22 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

So, could you call this the F-Art challenge?

:)

I'll be here all week, folks!

#23 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

The other guys must be taking their time to make theirs look extra cool! :) Hurry up Folks! We need more Pics to fire up this topic! I'll help! Again I did the same thing as I did with the previous one. I really dig the crayon style I did with the first one so I'm gonna stick with it. :p Introducing......

KRUSTY KANIBASE!!!! :crazy:
Posted Image

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 07 August 2007 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

#24 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

KRUSTY KANIBASE!!!! :crazy:
Posted Image

Hahahaha! I love it!!!!!! Man, good one URS! This is what happens when worlds collide!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

In case you can't tell o didn't realize it. His eyes are on the top of the stalks of his head. :p When I was a kid I used to think those were antennas, and his eyes were his nostrils. :p

A bit off topic, but I have always wondered if the yellow visor on top of Crusty Crab's head was his eye.:crazy: Cause he has those two yellow stalks on the front of his face above his mouth. Are those his eyes? :) Cause on a regular crab those would be his eyes. :( I'm confused.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com