• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

NYCC2016-Super-7-Display-041.jpg
NYCC2016-Super-7-Display-042.jpg
NYCC2016-Super-7-Display-047.jpg
NYCC2016-Super-7-Display-046.jpg

Edited by redjarojam, 10 October 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#302 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

The spacesuit one is awesome!

The hands on that alien though... geez.

#303 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

Hmm the Aline in the first pic seems to have a seam running down it's face. Looks like the head is molded separately and then glued on.  Not sure how i feel about that. Though with all the undercuts there may not be another way other than to just re do all together.

#304 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

I'd definitely rather have the Alien head as a separate piece than for Super7 to make some kind of sacrifice to the design solely to ensure the figure was a single molded piece. Plus, it's not as if MUSCLE doesn't have a history with separately-molded pieces! Only thing missing here is the head not remaining on a separate sprue, but I'm sure that's because it's simpler on their part to do the figure this way than to worry themselves about small parts regulations.

#305 reubencollins

reubencollins

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Seller on ebay from Hong Kong has several sets for sale without packaging. Such as:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272418263319

Are these legit or bootlegs?

#306 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:22 PM

Seller on ebay from Hong Kong has several sets for sale without packaging. Such as:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272418263319

Are these legit or bootlegs?

It's pretty interesting. This was discussed on another forum recently as well. It seems most of the stuff SUPER7 makes in China ends up on ebay from China sellers before and after it's sold officially in the US and often for huge discounts. Someone I know bought a few of the action figures from SUPER7 and a couple from a China ebay seller to compare. The SUPER7 version was just under 20 bucks and had the blister card packaging. The China version had no packaging and was under 5 bucks. The actual figures were exactly the same in every single way.

So the common conclusion is that either some stuff is walking out of the backdoor of the factory or maybe instead of tossing out stuff that doesn't meet the quality control standards someone is just taking it home and selling it online. I would assume it's the backdoor thing considering the quality seems perfect.

Of course it is just as possible that SUPER7 is giving them permission to sell non-packaged stock themselves. 

#307 reubencollins

reubencollins

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm excited to get mine and will compare them to the legit figures for quality.

#308 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

Super7 announced that Series 2 MOTUSCLE will soon be available in the multi-color cans. No specific date given, just this summer.

Attached File  MOTUSCLE.jpg   193.36K   11 downloads

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#309 atomatron

atomatron

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

hard to get up for wave 2 cans.... my wallet cant take it! and I dont like the newer designs either

#310 atomatron

atomatron

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

the 2 vehicle sets and 3 skeletor pinata drop figs at sdcc

#311 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

I just got my series 1 can today. It's awesome! I agree with people who say they're a little thin but it's fine IMO.

#312 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

It's pretty interesting. This was discussed on another forum recently as well. It seems most of the stuff SUPER7 makes in China ends up on ebay from China sellers before and after it's sold officially in the US and often for huge discounts. Someone I know bought a few of the action figures from SUPER7 and a couple from a China ebay seller to compare. The SUPER7 version was just under 20 bucks and had the blister card packaging. The China version had no packaging and was under 5 bucks. The actual figures were exactly the same in every single way.

So the common conclusion is that either some stuff is walking out of the backdoor of the factory or maybe instead of tossing out stuff that doesn't meet the quality control standards someone is just taking it home and selling it online. I would assume it's the backdoor thing considering the quality seems perfect.

Of course it is just as possible that SUPER7 is giving them permission to sell non-packaged stock themselves. 

There is another possibility. The workers might be running some off to sell themselves. Happened with some ninja turtle bootlegs. they were nearly indistinguishable from the real deal. plastic quality and paint apps were correct, since the factory was all ready making the legitly. Same thing could be going on here. For those who are curious, it was the NECA turtles figures.

Edited by stoffhimel, 28 July 2017 - 11:10 PM.

#313 Toymattic

Toymattic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Zbots, MUSCLE, OMFG, MWOTR, Aliens & Predator

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

I'm not sure if it's the case for all of the MOTUSCLE figures, but I'd be careful purchasing the lavender Nerd Block exclusive colorway off Chinese sellers on eBay.  Mine arrived with some discoloration on a few of the figures and Spikor's hand was broken off.  Thankfully I ended up getting a complete brand new set a few months later.

However, I did order the black set from China and they are perfect.

#314 atomatron

atomatron

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

i just ordered 12 cans of wave 2 from super7..fml and my wallet

#315 mike853

mike853

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Anything mini, but gonna be focusing on monster in my pocket
    For the time being the rarer the better

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Finally put my order in for wave 2 cans, I waited until after sdcc so I could get all that stuff as well, super7 are costing me a small fortune on these muscle figures

#316 atomatron

atomatron

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

Finally put my order in for wave 2 cans, I waited until after sdcc so I could get all that stuff as well, super7 are costing me a small fortune on these muscle figures

i put in an order on bbts for the vehicle packs so those might be a little wait for me

#317 atomatron

atomatron

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:39 AM

not too happy with super 7 right now... ordered Sunday. site says they ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Well Tuesday AND Thursday went by...still not shipped. What did I pay $34 for then?

#318 Toymattic

Toymattic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Zbots, MUSCLE, OMFG, MWOTR, Aliens & Predator

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

not too happy with super 7 right now... ordered Sunday. site says they ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Well Tuesday AND Thursday went by...still not shipped. What did I pay $34 for then?

Wow, that sucks.  One half of my order actually did ship on Thursday (8 days AFTER I had placed the order).  The first part arrived and some of the SDCC stuff has fairly worn packaging.  Considering the completely ridiculous shipping charges and slow shipping I may be done ordering from them directly.  I guess whatever I can't get from BBTS or eBay I just won't be bothering with.

Very disappointing!

Edited by Toymattic, 04 August 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#319 atomatron

atomatron

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

still nothing and no reply to my inquiry (after 3 days) either...speechless

#320 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

To the above comments - yeah, Super7 releases some cool stuff, but they are a logistical/customer service nightmare. I ordered a bunch of stuff about 10 days ago, and it hasn't been shipped yet. Plus no notices I've seen on their pages to expect delayed shipping or anything like that. This is a regular thing with them, and they also rarely answer customer service emails. Very frustrating.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#321 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

I didnt get the notice of shipment email til a few hours before my po box received it. And of course they sent me the wrong color for one of the items.

#322 mike853

mike853

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Anything mini, but gonna be focusing on monster in my pocket
    For the time being the rarer the better

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:41 AM

I've actually never had any problems with them and I'm in UK, shipping cost is high but not unreasonably so and they always reply to my emails, helped me out a few times aswel

#323 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

Mine just shipped today, and I ordered them over a week ago.
Shit happens sometimes, I get it, but it does factor in the next time I consider ordering.

#324 kingkarl

kingkarl

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:muscle, street fighter, combat sports, pro wrestling, taxidermy, hard drinking and being an all round good egg!

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

I'm in Blighty too and I've found them great to deal with.

Edited by kingkarl, 11 August 2017 - 12:08 AM.

#325 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

Never had an issue with anything I'v ordered. They say that they only ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So that's what I expect. I made an order last Friday and got shipping confirmation yesterday.(Thursday)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com