• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

Showcase #8: Kinniku Colosseum

On my last trip to Japan I bought the Kinnikuman Kinniku Colosseum at Mandarake (Nakano Broadway). Sometimes at Mandarake the prices might be high, moderate or cheap (luck of the draw). Being there in person I saw this listed for roughly $15 because it was missing quite a bit.

I didn’t care and could not pass on buying it. You can find them on Yahoo Japan in different conditions (I would not mind owning a complete one).

I love this play set! I had always wanted to display it (it’s rather big but not huge).

Once I heard about the vintage Japanese Kinkeshi melting plastic I decided on storing the Kinniku Colosseum for the time being (I was afraid the kinkeshi would damage it).

That was all way before I completed the basic MUSCLE Flesh set which I displayed in acrylic nail polish displays. I needed an extra acrylic display and was too cheap to buy another one so I remembered having the Colosseum in storage. Since the Mattel figures are made of plastic I thought why not display them on the Colosseum.

Realistically you can’t fit all 246 figures but I decided on putting most of them and using a smaller acrylic case as “bleachers” for the rest.

I would love to get my hands on some mini guard rails (like the ones that come with the WWE ring playsets I think?) in order to connect them to the Colosseum.

Eventually I would not mind getting my hands on 2 more to display my pending Mattel MUSCLE mixed sets but for that I would need at least 2 shelves (I periodically change my display shelves to keep it fresh).

It’s a fun set to have and also a way to display your collection (all be it not the vintage Kinkeshi but it is still Kinnikuman).

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 12 May 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

That's badass!  :woot:

#3 Toymattic

Toymattic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Zbots, MUSCLE, OMFG, MWOTR, Aliens & Predator

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

Sweet! Now I want one of these so bad!  I like your use of those acrylic displays, I'm going to have to look into getting some eventually.

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Bumped into this commercial for the Kinniku Colosseum on youtube:

I kinda want a second one now so I can put them together as a sort of thunderdome :)

#5 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

Very cool display! The colosseum is so awesome! I would love to get one some day.

#6 Finley2020

Finley2020

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:19 AM

Wow! And a great way to display your figures. I'm rather new to Kinnikuman/ M.U.S.C.L.E. so it's fun to see all the stuff that's floating around out there tied to the series. Not sure why but I never had any figures as a kid but always had an interest in them.  

#7 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 04:49 PM

I really am of mixed feelings about this playset. It is a great display piece, but the figures it was actually made for will ultimately destroy it. Though it does look grand crammed full of MUSCLE figures.

#8 SubwayRats

SubwayRats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:30 AM

Been looking for this at a good price for awhile now. Maybe one day.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com