• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:34 AM

Showcase #61: Tatakae!! Ramenman Japanese DVD Set

If you are a fan of 1980's anime or even animes like Saint Seiya or Fist of The North Star, the Ramenman anime might be for you. It is in that vein and style, my favorite part is the soundtrack and was more serious in tone than the first Kinnikuman episodes.

The anime consisted of 35 episodes & aired for one year in Japan (January to September 1988).

Just listen to the opening theme sung by Junichiro Oda (輝け!ラーメンマン, Shine! Ramenman):

The DVD was released in March of 2009 and had a price tag of 35,000 yen (circa $320!!! Japan being notorious for expensive DVD releases). The set included the 35 episodes (6 DVDs), episode guide & 2 exclusive Kinkeshi releases not available anywhere else.

This pops up on occasion online (yahoojapan) but it can be bought and is currently available at Mandarake for 15,000 yen (circa $137): https://order.mandar...042529&ref=list

I have not taken out my Kinkeshi from the package but plan on doing that when I collect more of the Ramenman Keshigomu releases.

Attached File  1.jpg   92.71K   1 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   131.27K   0 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   194.19K   0 downloads

Attached File  4.jpg   95.46K   0 downloadsAttached File  5.jpg   113.26K   0 downloadsAttached File  6.jpg   127.78K   0 downloads

The DVD release is unfortunately only in Japanese but one can find the anime with English subs online; besides Buffalo Man I think Ramenman is one of the most recognizable Kinnikuman characters (a big part being the anime and manga release).

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:38 AM

Some pics of the Keshigomu included in the DVD set:

Attached File  7.jpg   171.69K   1 downloadsAttached File  8.jpg   126.48K   1 downloadsAttached File  9.jpg   69.74K   2 downloads

You can find these sold loose online but usually they carry a higher price tag than regular Kinkeshi.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com