• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

Zombiezz

Number of figures: 20

Year released: 2014
Produced by: Entertoyment (Spain)
Distributed by: Global Holdings, Inc (USA)
Found at: Wal-Mart (USA)
Package type: single, blister packs (double packs in non-US markets)
Price: $4 each at retail
Size: 3 inches tall
Material: 16 are a basic firm plastic, 2 are hollow soft rubber, and two have translucent hard plastic heads (with LED lights inside)

Paint: bold, simple colors with additional tampographs on 3 figures

Tagline: "Every figure hides a gruesome feature, collect them all to find out what they are!" 

This review is also at: letyourtoyslive.blogspot.com

I have grouped the Zombiezz together based on their shared "secret" features.

1, 2, 3. Nurse Moulder, Dead Weight, and Chuckles the Clown. The gimmick with these three is that part of their heads come off to reveal attached (glued in) erasers.  Nurse Moulder is one of only two female Zombiezz. I like the way her legs are sculpted all akimbo.  She's apparently ripped off her left arm and seems to be eating it.  Meanwhile, Dead Weight  has ripped off someone else's left arm. Chuckles stares blankly as he tries to remember what he's supposed to do with that dirty cream pie.

zom7.jpg

4, 5, 6. Captain Maggot, Gnarly Dude, and Zombieman.  The "secret" feature here is that the hat or hair comes off to reveal a removable brain-ball.  The brain is pretty much spherical and made of the same pink rubber as the eraserheads.  Captain Maggot is a pretty cool sculpt.  He's got a huge maggot coming out of his eye socket. Gnarly Dude has shoved his skeletal right arm through the head of a fish which has amazingly come right out its mouth.  More amazingly the fish is exactly the same color as his board-shorts.  Zombieman is a superhero who rescues zombies in distress from zombie hunters, I assume. 

zom6.jpg

7, 8, 9. Ucki Gutsuki, Grandead, and Zombie Rotten.  These guys have magnets on their feet. The magnets are strong enough to hold them upside-down. Here, I've positioned them each on the tip of a pair of scissors. A ninja, an old guy, and a punk rocker with no instrument.  Meh, could have done better. 

zom8.jpg

10, 11. Sergeant Rot and Tutan-Entombed.  With these two guys, you pop off the tops of their heads and you find ink stamps.  The stamps are brain-shaped circles.  Red ink.  The cop's is one inch across and the mummy's is one-half inch.  I guess his brain is old and shriveled.  Not much else to say.

zom5.jpg

12, 13. The Necromancer and Victus Mortuus.  With these two figures, you remove their entire heads to find red-ink markers.  The Necromancer is one of the better sculpts and seems to be a default mascot for the series, as he is the only one pictured on the front of the packaging.  Victus Mortuus is a Roman soldier with a bad back and two Us in his last name.

zom2.jpg

14, 15. MC Brains and Slashed. Definitely the coolest gimmick, these two have LED lights inside their translucent heads that light up when you press the buttons on top of their heads. I wonder if Entertoyment knows that there is an actual rapper who goes by MC Brains.  I wonder if MC Brains knows there is a Zombiezz toy with his namesake.  Probably not, either way.  Slashed is clearly named in reference to Slash of GnR though he looks more like Jimmy Hendrix.  I like to think these two are in a rap-metal band called House of Brains.

zom1.jpg

16, 17. Chuck Brainguzzler and Magnus Zombiesson. These two are hollow and made of soft rubber. When you squeeze them, their eyes pop out (a little).  Though this is not necessarily the worst gimmick imaginable, they probably end up the worst figures in the series due to the cheap rubber and lack of detail.  I know these toys are cheap, but these two are way crappy cheap.  They are essentially doggy chew toys.

zom3.jpg

18, 19. Face Plant and Bill Guts.  Okay, these two have the worst "gruesome feature."  If you had one of them in your hand, you'd try to pull it apart looking for a pen, or an ink stamp, or a ball, or an eraser.  You'd check their feet for magnets.  You'd try to squeeze them, and twist them, and bend them.  Nothing.  Here's the deal:  While they are made from the exact same plastic as most of the others, they are ever-so-lightly coated with glow-in-the-dark paint.  No, they are not made from GID plastic, they just have a light coating that lets them kinda-sorta slightly glow (just a little).  That's it. That's the secret feature.  What a waste.  Especially with Face Plant.  He's a skater. Hello?  Give him some freakin' WHEELS man!

zom4.jpg

20. Cindy Innards. In a cheer squad all by herself, he're the final figure. Cindy Innards splits in half head-to-toe, arm-to-arm to reveal her fantastically white skeleton, a weird little heart, and a couple worms. As she was splitting down the middle, she was heard saying, "...Gimmie an I! Gimmie and E! Gimmie a S! No? Uh, well, gimme a Z!  Go ahead and give me another Z!  What's that spell? ZOMBIEZZ!"

zom9.jpg

Edited by steverotters, 28 November 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

How close are they to the Simpsons in color scheme?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com