Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

LEE'S TOY REVIEW TO DO COMPLETE BB/LB GUIDE!!!

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#26 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:18 AM

the other error you did was about the prototypes! we have discovered since that they are greek versions of BB, and not prototypes! :p
so, are you sure to be able to make a complete 1-112 figures serie with weapons, sleds, shields, variation colors, exclusive,SD,cards, jump-up, Gumballs and chariots and bases??!! it would be wonderful to succeed in doing a very very complete guide, also with MOC BB/LB, and with all the international informations we have (i mean the names, which ones were sold where...).
it's a huge job you have to do Ben, so good luck! ;)

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#27 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:00 PM

This reveiw sounds exciting! I look foreward to seeing it come together. Keep up the good work! ;)

Just curious, I noticed in the pics of the usa battle chargers that they came with a figure. Which figures did they usually come with? Were they color varients? Did they come with weapons?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I don't have any extremely rare BBs or LBs, but I have all the basics and weapons and a good camera. Good luck.

JP :p

#28 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:52 AM

I's too's am's looking's forward's to's this's acticle's, do's a's good's job's on's it's dude's

*shake shake shake*

Blah~! ........had to get that other post out of my head. :p

I hope you guys get a chance to do a nice big full and complete article for the mag. That's cool that you're getting a second shot as this RAD, and thank's for requesting some input and such from this community. I hope everything works out they way you want it to. ;)

-Orca

#29 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:02 PM

and has it never had articles about BB/LB in toyfare or tomart's action figure??

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!

#30 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

and has it never had articles about BB/LB in toyfare or tomart's action figure??

I have EVERY SINGLE ISSUE of Lee's and EVERY SINGLE ISSUE of Tomart up to 83 (I quit on them).

Toy Fare, I don't think so, but, I am not sure.

TGB

#31 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:40 PM

i've found a shop in Lille where they receive Lee's toy review every month, and also tomart's and toyfare. and they also have older issues, so i've found there the lee's toy review 131, but with an other cover.

http://img315.images...eview1318zu.jpg

to the frenches :

j'ai donc trouvé un magasin a lille ou ils recoivent chaque mois le lee's toy review, et je sais donc que je pourrai me le procurer la bas dans six mois pour le 160. j'y ai aussi trouvé un exemplaire du n°131 avec l'article de Ben de 2 pages sur les BB. si l'un d'entre vous est intéressé, sachez que ce magasin, astrocity, vends le "lee's" 8.25euros, et qu'ils proposent aussi un service de vente par correspondance avec frais de port à 7.20euros quelque soit le poids du colis, en colissimo suivi remis contre signature. par ailleurs ils ont encore en magasin un exemplaire de n° 131.
voila une alternative possible pour ceux qui auraient peur de ne pas pouvoir se le procurer, alors si qqun est intéressé, vous pouvez les contacter sur leur site http://www.astrocity.fr/ ou si les frais de port vous semblent trop élevés, vous pouvez me contacter pour qu'on convienne d'un arrangement (genre vous m'envoyer le reglement, je vais l'acheter et je vous le renvoi a moindre frais). attention, si ca interesse qqun, je rapelle qu'il ne reste qu'un seule n°131 !

#32 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get the magazine here in holland... Do you know that Mark de Roos?!

#33 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:50 AM

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get the magazine here in holland... Do you know that Mark de Roos?!

Not seen it here before, I'll keep my eye open for one cause I definately would want one!

ps: I still have a bunch of extra beasts/weapons if you're interested, give me a list of BB's you need and I'm sure we can work something out.

#34 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:06 AM

if you find you can find it please let me know! :D

have sent you a pm with my wantlist...

#35 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:17 AM

i've found a shop in Lille where they receive Lee's toy review every month, and also tomart's and toyfare. and they also have older issues, so i've found there the lee's toy review 131, but with an other cover.

http://img315.images...eview1318zu.jpg

Does anybody know if this is the same issue inside with a different cover, or an entirely different issue alltogether?

Thanks!

--grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#36 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:53 AM

Does anybody know if this is the same issue inside with a different cover, or an entirely different issue alltogether?

Thanks!

--grimey

i think it is exactly the same issue with a different cover... i'm sure that the pages 16 & 17 about BB in mine are exactly the same as in marty scan!!

#37 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:34 PM

Thanks!

--grimey

i think it is exactly the same issue with a different cover... i'm sure that the pages 16 & 17 about BB in mine are exactly the same as in marty scan!!

Just to confirm, they are just alternate covers. For a while Lee's was publishing an action fig cover spotlighting different toy lines as well as a sports related cover that would often have a Starting Lineup pic on the cover. This was one of those issues. I'm almost positive they are not doing the cover variants anymore.

#38 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:41 PM

When this ish hit I personally picked up a copy of the Comic Con cover because the sweet pic of the Web Slingin’ Spider with the trippy psychedelic hypnotic swirls behind him caught my eye. Not that I don’t think the pic of Rattlor looks sharp on the Sports cov. :o

#39 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

hey ben, what's up with this job? are you in the good way? is it always for the 160# ?

#40 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:30 PM

Hello,

This might be a little off topic but does anyone have a copy for sale, or know where I could get a copy of the old ToyFare magazine.

Thank You,
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#41 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

Ok,
I have been speaking to Ben for a couple of months now...

I KNOW he has gotten a collector (not sure who) to mail Lee's his collection for photographing!!!

This issue in Feb. is gonna be INCREDIBLE!!!

It will be a pull out guide to BB/LB!!!

I have sent Lee's photos of Sylvain's 6 ORIGINAL French Shields (not sure if they will be able to use my photos or not, but, it was worth a try).

This SHOULD be the MOST accurate visual price guide 2nd to only ours here on this site!!!

I am REALLY excited about BEN's HARD WORK in getting this under-rated toy line into the main stream of toy collecting!!!

Here is my tip to all of those STILL working on completing their BB/LB collection...work hard on completing it BEFORE this guide comes out, because come Feb./March, I look for SOME prices and competition to get $$$/TUFF!

You can find this monthly mag at Barnes Noble and Borders for $6.

TGB

#42 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:28 PM

Are they going to plug the site in the article?

#43 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:01 PM

TGB

Yeah, Don't go to Barnes and Noble! Go to Borders! You wanna know why? That's my last name! :ph34r:

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#44 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

Ok,

I KNOW he has gotten a collector (not sure who) to mail Lee's his collection for photographing!!!

I have sent Lee's photos of Sylvain's 6 ORIGINAL French Shields (not sure if they will be able to use my photos or not, but, it was worth a try).

This SHOULD be the MOST accurate visual price guide 2nd to only ours here on this site!!!

I am REALLY excited about BEN's HARD WORK in getting this under-rated toy line into the main stream of toy collecting!!!

Here is my tip to all of those STILL working on completing their BB/LB collection...work hard on completing it BEFORE this guide comes out, because come Feb./March, I look for SOME prices and competition to get $$$/TUFF!

TGB

...it's already insave with the ebay prices !!! :ph34r: This is the only place now where i can afford to get BB's :D

#45 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

Ok,

TGB

...it's already insave with the ebay prices !!! :ph34r: This is the only place now where i can afford to get BB's :D

Be paitent...it is high right now due to X-mas!

But...it WILL be tuff for a few months or more AFTER this Lee's issue hits stands!

TGB

#46 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:09 PM

Lately Laser Beasts have been pretty damn cheap though. A lot of stuff has been surfacing in Japan recently. If you want to finish a collection of higher numbered Beasts, now would be the time. Hard to say what the prices will do after the article.

Eaon

#47 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

I'm really lookin' forward to seein' this issue. I'm not too big on Toyline mags, but for this one, I'll make an exception. :ph34r: :D :lol:
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#48 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:18 AM

let us know the day it will be soldable!!
is it the one of february or march?

#49 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:59 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long absence. Here is an update for everyone who is interested in what's going on.

There will be a Battle Beasts review in the February issue of Lee's Toy Review (issue #160). However, it will only be a review of all of the American stuff. That means it will have pictures of 1-76, the three chariots, and the three transforming bases (they said they didn't have room to include the mail-away poster). This will also include the 12 common Laser Beasts #77-88, since they were released in America as Shadow Warriors. There will be SOME Japanese stuff included in the guide, but it will not be complete by any means. There will also be a story about Marty's customs!

They will be sending me a black and white copy of the review soon to get my approval (this will also give me a chance to check the prices that they have listed, so I might be referring to this site or some of you guys for help on that). They said that IF they get a really positive reaction to this first review, they will go ahead and do a review of ALL of the European and Japanese figures and toys, as long as we still have access to them. SO...the best thing that all of you can do is to BUY issue #160 with this first review in it, tell Lee's that you're excited to see all of the Beasts in there, and tell them you REALLY want to see the Euro/Japanese guide in a future issue. If this board has over 100 members on it, even if not everyone responds, so long as quite a few of you respond, I guarantee that this will happen (ESPECIALLY if some of you French guys respond).

I'm sorry for my long absence on the forums. I am an EXTREMELY busy person, and I have been in touch with a few members to talk about the review. Thanks for understanding.

#50 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:32 AM

Well, I am looking forward to the issue. Should be interesting what sort of prices are listed. Will all the figures be shown loose, or are there going to be in package shots as well? Either way I will support the Beasts by buying the mag and sed a response to the publishers as well.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com