Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Trash Pack Tags, anyone!? (Trading thread for Trash Tags!?)

MOOSE trash tags trash tags trash pack

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dark5tar

Dark5tar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

I typed in "trash tags" in the search and didn't find anything so forgive me if this is a repeat.

Has anyone been collecting the Trash Tags?  They aren't "little rubber guys" themselves but they are part of the Trash Pack franchise. Here is some information on them:

http://thetrashpack....wiki/Trash_Tags

I'm seeing these little packs of the tag, a trash pack figure for $2 at the Dollaramas in South-western, Ontario.  I'm not totally sure about tag rarity but I will say that I picked up 11 packs and 'somehow' got lucky enough to get all 4 exclusive foils... lol  Actually, 2 of the Molecular Mouse ones so I may just wear that like a jackass around town. :p  (Unless someone needs it)  [In hindsight, it would have been kinda cool to have filmed that opening...]

DSCN9998_zps68e15bc0.jpg

Strangely, I got one of the Wasted Banana's and the little plastic baggy it came in was full of sand... not glitter, just straight up sand... :S  Not really sure how to explain that.  Maybe it was part of the buffing process for the plastic coating?

So there are 28 tags in total if you count the checklist, 4 of which are exclusive foil while the others come in either foil or non-foil.  I guess I really like the Wasted Banana most out of the commons.  I'd be looking to get another non-foil version and two-foil versions still sealed in the baggies if people want to trade.  Probably head back and get some more tonight.  The bee is pretty cool as well.   Maybe also the Taco.

Again, I assumed the exclusive foils would be rare but I got 5/11 in my first "haul". So... yeah...

I will post a list to this thread (unless the MODS tell me otherwise) with my list of the Trash Tags.

P.S.  The tags come with a figure as well... maybe I'll see if anyone needs the ones I have, probably not lol.

Edited by DeXeSsII, 18 December 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

What a great find! 

These made the rounds in the US approximately 2 years ago.  

Bulls-I-Toy made 3 separate box types.  

There was a flat box that went to TRU.  The packaging and the checklist has a green border.  There are NO exclusives in this box type.

There was a full-size gravity feed that went to Target. The packaging and checklist has a red border.  

There was a half-size gravity feed that went to Wal-Mart.  The packaging and checklist has an orange border.  

All came with Series 2 trashies. 

I think you are dealing with the Target stock.  

The other four exclusives (Wal-Mart stock) were: Mouldy Mushroom, Slime Bucket, Gutter Grub, and Atomic Ant.  

I am looking at my set of tags -- and not the checklists -- so it is possible that I have the two sets of exclusives reversed.  

ALSO -- the exclusives were always at the TOP of a closed gravity feed box. 

The Target box included two of each exclusive, the Wal-Mart box included one of each.

There are no markings on either box or wrapper that say "Target exclusive" or "Wal-Mart exclusive," you just have to know the pack type.  

Since this is all deadstock anyway, perhaps you will get lucky and find each box-type at different Dollaramas. 

Personally, if these came to a US discount store and I had a chance to buy them for $2 per pack I would buy as many cases as I could regardless of the pack or box type.

Bulls-I-Toy also made 3 other blind bag impulse items with the Trash Pack.  In the US, all of these were Target exclusives.  There was 1 series of erasers, 1 series of magnets, and 1 series of tokens.  Perhaps all of these things will come to your Dollaramas. 

Edited by steverotters, 18 December 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#3 Dark5tar

Dark5tar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hey steverotters!

Thanks so much for replying!  Awesome for someone to chime in.  

OK, so I JUST scanned the checklist in really high quality.  Thanks for the information about what the exclusives mean!  I'm guessing you are 100% correct, the red package have got to obviously be the target exclusives.  The Walmart packages appears to be orange.

Here are the scans:

Attached File  Foil Exclusives.jpg   113.71K   12 downloads

Attached File  Common Tags.jpg   128.85K   18 downloads

ALSO, BARF!  Always with the exclusives, the repaints, the secrets... yeesh...  Maybe that's part of the fun?  I swear if there is some wacky Wave 1/Wave 2 stuff going on with these I will RAGE.

I will post more later!  I definitely intend to pilfer all the Dollaramas in some radius for the tags...

#4 Dark5tar

Dark5tar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

Nice!  Well, I just pilfered the local Dollaramas.  Questions like "Why are you buying all these?" among other strange looks.  Turns out I really did just get lucky with the exclusives that time...

Still didn't get my sparkly Wasted Banana... I actually ended up getting Mouldy Mushroom in one of the Target Exclusive packs even though those are supposed to be Walmart Exclusive.  If you hadn't told me about those, I'd of assumed it was a secret.    Will be uploading my results soon!

#5 Dark5tar

Dark5tar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

Woohoo!

Pilfered a Dollarama in a nearby town and I got my holofoil Wasted Banana!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MOOSE, trash, tags, trash tags, trash pack

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com